Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 23rd September

Options
  • 23-09-2020 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Few very nice bets lined up for today/evening.

2.55 Goodwood, Oriental Mystique, not liking the horse at all in this race. Laying the horse not to be in the first 3 places @ around 2/1. Not the best of prices to be laying at but in my opinion the horse hasn't a hope in this race and looks easy money to be made. My strongest bet of the day.

Few more I'll post after as I have to go out.

Good luck to anyone betting today, some nice opportunities out there today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Few supreme novice ante post dockets being ripped up after that!
    Reminded me of Andy Dufresne last Spring.....
    Not good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

any thoughts on Western Victory

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Hype train derailed alright. Jumped like a snooker table and was outbattled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

5.50 Perth, Apache Creek. Not liking the horse in the race and way too short at 4/1. I don't think the horse will be placed never mind winning the race. Laying 3 places around @ around 2.25 - 2.3

6pm Kempton, Perfect Inch, horse is around 8/13 in places. I don't think the horse will win. Lay bet for me. Way underpriced.

That's my lot for the day.

That bumper was an absolute disgrace
    Who do they think they are kidding
    F**k off

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What a shambles in the bumper. Fair play to all involved but all jockeys should get a fine, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭kksaints

Farce of a bumper. The winner had a lead of probably 50 lengths at one stage. A ban I think for all the other jockeys in the race is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Shocking

They should fine the phuck out of them also. A weeks wages at least.

Crooked ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    They should fine the phuck out of them also. A weeks wages at least.

Crooked ****.

A weeks wages... For amateurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

What exactly went down in that bumper? I had a bet in the race but didn’t get a chance to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

What exactly went down in that bumper? I had a bet in the race but didn’t get a chance to watch it.

The winner pulled his way to the front and the jockey just let him go after the first furlong, was a furlong clear at the halfway point and the rest never had a chance of catching him

A weeks wages... For amateurs.

Stick up for the chunts all you like.

Crooked shower, every one of them.

All looking around like gombeens, as if nothing is going on.

They get paid somewhere, fine them a week at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Florey Spud who was 7th in that bumper was 2nd in his last run over the same distance as today, beaten 3/4L. The winning time for that race was 4.48. Todays winning time was 5.24, 38 seconds slower and Florey Spud was beaten about 38L !!!!
    I know different courses and varying ground can account for some of the difference but this is
    Absolutely Scandalous stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyalAcademy2

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    5.50 Perth, Apache Creek. Not liking the horse in the race and way too short at 4/1. I don't think the horse will be placed never mind winning the race. Laying 3 places around @ around 2.25 - 2.3

6pm Kempton, Perfect Inch, horse is around 8/13 in places. I don't think the horse will win. Lay bet for me. Way underpriced.

That's my lot for the day.

Pure guesswork: nk and shd saved your bacon. No accountability of course so why bother?

Saw a vim a few mins ago of the jocks coming back in and Codd and Paddy absolutely tearing strips off each other, ó mean almost jousting!!
    Trying to attach it here but can't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Pure guesswork: nk and shd saved your bacon. No accountability of course so why bother?

I offered him an accountability challenge last year - a calendar month, one selection a day. Whoever loses less (cos we will lose) wins and gets 500 off the other.

He declined

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Don't engage him ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

It's called form study. A winner is a winner and a loser is a loser. Many a time I've been touched off by a nose or head and a horse was unlucky.
    I offered him an accountability challenge last year - a calendar month, one selection a day. Whoever loses less (cos we will lose) wins and gets 500 off the other.

He declined

I never declined anything. But it's not worth the hassle anyway. I back with the bookies or nothing.

Regarding the bumper, the whole game is corrupt. Unless you have a bit of inside info and/or an excellent judge of horse racing it's near impossible to make it pay.

3 I had down as potential get out stakes if I was in the minus. I haven't backed them and won't but you tell me if there is guess work involved Royal academy2, and also post your selections to see what your capable of ?

7pm Kempton, Amir Kabir, around 9/4 backed to win
    Same race, Media storm, laying for 3 places @ around 5/2

7.30 Kempton, Saeer, the horse wont' be placed. Lay bet for 3 places @ around 2/1.

I'm not backing, just watching.

Saw a vim a few mins ago of the jocks coming back in and Codd and Paddy absolutely tearing strips off each other, ó mean almost jousting!!

They should be fined the most. They are big boys now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Why would they be tearing strips off each other?
    I don't get why one of them could blame the other.

https://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Costalotmore-gets-a-cheap-lead-and-wins-bumper-by-39-lengths&prid=211925

At a subsequent Stewards’ Enquiry, the Stewards interviewed all the riders of the beaten horses. They were collectively of the view that the winner had run free for much of the race and had slipped the field before maintaining this lead to the line. These explanations were noted by the Stewards.

There is nothing to see here.

Carry on please.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Anybody else think the wrong horse was picked in the photo?

Anybody else think the wrong horse was picked in the photo?

Post a picture and lets' have a look.

Beware of optical illusions though. I had 3 euro on Moyhenna myself, gutted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Beware of optical illusions though. I had 3 euro on Moyhenna myself, gutted for them.

I don't know where you would find the photo to view.

I had plan of attack backed its not sour grapes just thought the other horse got up in the photo. maybe it was just me though id ask here to see if anyone else thought it too.

I don't know where you would find the photo to view.

I had plan of attack backed its not sour grapes just thought the other horse got up in the photo. maybe it was just me though id ask here to see if anyone else thought it too.

This is my problem also.

Have a look here

http://www.ihrb.ie/

258G Listowel Vintners Assoc. INH Flat Race
    The Stewards interviewed Mrs. Natalie Gilligan, Authorised Representative for Paul John Gilligan, trainer, concerning the failure to nominate a rider before the designated time for Don't Blink as required under the provisions of Regulation 3 and Rule 195. Evidence was heard from the trainer's Authorised Representative, who explained the circumstances surrounding the failure and apologised for this. Having considered the evidence, the Stewards reminded the trainer, through his Authorised Representative, of his obligation to comply with both Rule 195 and Regulation 3 in future. Furthermore, the Stewards granted a request for Mr. L.P. Gilligan to ride Don't Blink.

The Stewards interviewed all riders in this race with the exception of Mr. T. Power Roche, rider of Costalotmore placed first, after it appeared the winner took a big lead early on which the animal maintained to the line. Evidence heard from all the riders concerned, who collectively were of the view that the winner had ran free for much of the race and slipped the field before maintaining this lead to the line. Having viewed a recording of the race and considered the evidence, the Stewards noted the explanations offered. Mr. Stephen McDonogh, Acting Steward, was not present for this enquiry.

Basically a white wash. The acting steward didn't even attend. What a shambles.

They are more worried about Kevin Brouder wearing a mask properly up in Kilbeggan 2 weeks ago, shower a youknowwhats.

I tell you they are lucky they are not allowing in crowds, I am fuming over this.

Couldn't pick a nicer trainer to get chinned on the line with a 40/1 shot :pac:

The Mig wrote: »
    Couldn't pick a nicer trainer to get chinned on the line with a 40/1 shot :pac:

He gets a lot of beatings on here, what is the beef about ?

• Advertisement

He gets a lot of beatings on here, what is the beef about ?
    You're calling the jockeys in the bumper crooked but yet you don't understand the beef about Hogan :confused:

Advertisement