Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra....

Options
  • 05-08-2020 4:00pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭

mmmm

https://www.samsung.com/ie/smartphones/galaxy-note20/

Pre orders now open....€999 for the note 20 model with 256 memory.

Personally as a guy don't like the 'mystic gold' on any of the new kit announced today that is open for pre order or pre registration.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd imagine more models will add to it, I don't know if I'd be able to go smaller than 512 for storage now, my phone has replaced USB keys for me at this stage

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I've owned every Galaxy Note except 1 and 4. This year, i'm more on the fence. The price tag has gotten maybe a little to rich for my blood. I'm a bit miffed there is no 16gb ram option. The colours are far less interesting this yr. Have some lingering doubts as to if they have actually resolved the camera issues, and there's a nasty rumour the Exynos version is substantially slower than the Snadpdragon verison.

If i'm going to buy this, i think it's going to be an import version.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They don't have 5G for Ireland yet either, last year I got mine from Microsoft UK, looks like it'll be the same again this year.

€1,449 for the 5G 512 Ultra version, I think I'm worth that but I don't think Mrs. Clareman would agree

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Getting Ultra and Buds for £1061 around 1170.

• Advertisement

All the prices from today, I think

Watch - 41mm available in silver or bronze - €449
    Watch - 45mm available in black or silver €479
    Note 20 4G 256 - available in grey, green and bronze - €999
    Note 20 5G 256 - available in grey, green and bronze - €1,099
    Note Ultra 5G 256 - available in black or bronze - €1,349
    Note Ultra 5G 512 - available in black or bronze - €1,449
    Buds Live - available in white, black or bronze - €199

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Clareman wrote: »
    All the prices from today, I think

Watch - 41mm available in silver or bronze - €449
    Watch - 45mm available in black or silver €479
    Note 20 4G 256 - available in grey, green and bronze - €999
    Note 20 5G 256 - available in grey, green and bronze - €1,099
    Note Ultra 5G 256 - available in black or bronze - €1,349
    Note Ultra 5G 512 - available in black or bronze - €1,449
    Buds Live - available in white, black or bronze - €199

Anyone know if the tech journalists who do reviews (Indo and Newstalk) get to keep the samples they have posted on their social media ....jealous and curious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

You'd want to change the title thread OP unless you're a year ahead of us..

Anyone know if the tech journalists who do reviews (Indo and Newstalk) get to keep the samples they have posted on their social media ....jealous and curious!

I think they get beta versions before final release and they don't have full functionality, bit like shop demo models.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

They don't have 5G for Ireland yet either, last year I got mine from Microsoft UK, looks like it'll be the same again this year.

Don't they?
    I have a 20 Ultra 5G sitting in my basket. No mention of it not being available.:confused:

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Don't they?
    I have a 20 Ultra 5G sitting in my basket. No mention of it not being available.:confused:

Sorry, they didn't have them when i was looking, they're all in there now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

When can we expect Vodafone to pick up on this and release pricing etc?

Edit: apologies, today it would seem from their twitter.

Three have Note 20 Ultra for 1239. Plus you can claim Buds Live worth 199.

100+ cheaper than Samsung at 1349.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

dan786 wrote: »
    Three have Note 20 Ultra for 1239. Plus you can claim Buds Live worth 199.

100+ cheaper than Samsung at 1349.

Yeah but what plan are they locking you into to get that 'deal'.... any more than €12.99pm (Gomo) needs to be added on top.

Yeah but what plan are they locking you into to get that 'deal'.... any more than €12.99pm (Gomo) needs to be added on top.

No, its prepay and unlocked hybrid sim. You can use any sim after buying inc Gomo. So it is the cheapest for the device with no plans attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I'm really annoyed with Vodafone that they only have the 256gb version AND you can only pre-order as a new customer, not if you are upgrading... wtf...
    1st world problem I know :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

No, its prepay and unlocked hybrid sim. You can use any sim after buying inc Gomo. So it is the cheapest for the device with no plans attached.

Are you sure Dan? Is this that Samsung don't lock the Note 20 Ultra or 3? Thanks.

Getting Ultra and Buds for £1061 around 1170.

Eglobal? Wonda?

I think a lot of people who got the prepaid phones pre-order in the past (lots of p's there) got network unlocked and bloatware free phones

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Im interested in the trade in deal with samsung as I currently have note 10+. I previously did the deal with Samsung Ireland and had no issues but Samsung UK has a better deal for this phone currently.

Anyone have issues with doing the trade in deal with UK? mainly the time limit to return?

• Advertisement

I think a lot of people who got the prepaid phones pre-order in the past (lots of p's there) got network unlocked and bloatware free phones

Big risk though I don't want to end up with a 3 locked Note Ultra 20!
    Am tempted by Vodafone's €750 on the 24 month €60 plan.

Eglobal? Wonda?

Samsung UK via student beans. You can buy an account on Ebay for 5£ if you are not a student.

Are you sure Dan? Is this that Samsung don't lock the Note 20 Ultra or 3? Thanks.

The Note 10 Plus, S10 Plus, S20+ and Ultra were Hybrid dual sim and were never locked by any carrier.

Note 20 Ultra is also the same its a dual sim Hybrid (2 sims or sim and micro sd).

Big risk though I don't want to end up with a 3 locked Note Ultra 20!
    Am tempted by Vodafone's €750 on the 24 month €60 plan.

Samsung phones cost a tenner to unlock. But as its a dual sim Hybrid it wont be locked.

Also just an FYI is 1219 on VF prepay with same buds live offer so 20 cheaper than 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I have the S20 Ultra, very tempted by the Note Ultra, €500 trade in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Jaysus, I'd give you €500 for the s20 ultra..

If you fancy selling it for that give me a shout.

I'm 3 months away from end of 2 year contract and tempted to look at Note 20 Ultra. Will Vodafone consider allowing an early upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I'm 3 months away from end of 2 year contract and tempted to look at Note 20 Ultra. Will Vodafone consider allowing an early upgrade?

I rang them today to ask the same thing and sadly the answer was no.

• Advertisement

I have a 10% off code for UK site. Works at 1061£ for Note 20 Ultra and Buds Live roughly 1180 here. PM me if anyones looking.

Advertisement