Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applegreen - Friday 24th €2.47

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

"All fuel is 24.7c per litre for 1 hour only at Applegreen Mount Merrion, Athlone, Waterford Holycross."

okidoki987 wrote: »
    "All fuel is 24.7c per litre for 1 hour only at Applegreen Mount Merrion, Athlone, Waterford Holycross."

Mount Merrion queue is approx 50 cars, blocking dual carraigeway 😯
    free water though ðŸ˜

Mount Merrion queue is approx 50 cars, blocking dual carraigeway 😯
    free water though ðŸ˜

Blue golf and briwn VW Passat near fistie cuffs in the queue at MM, bus lane carnage 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭checkcheek

Could you buy two car washes. Use one today and another in 3/4 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

circle k is matching the price at few locations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Mount Merrion queue is approx 50 cars, blocking dual carraigeway ��
    free water though ðŸ˜

I went and turned back as no way i could make 500 meters in 10 mins lol

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭go4it

by the time one driver goes inside to pay, looks for freebies ( and hold up the Q , for others not to buy cheap fuel ) you could sneak up with a 20L metal canister and fill up at the pump - best fiver you spent in a long time !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

circle k is matching the price at few locations

Really where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Lot of people on facebook complaining about the chaos it's causing

Was in the queue at MM at 11.13am, at 11.53am was still about 20 cars back and with the price going back to normal price at 12pm, went across the road to Circle K instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Was in the queue at MM at 11.13am, at 11.53am was still about 20 cars back and with the price going back to normal price at 12pm, went across the road to Circle K instead.

Had Circle K dropped their price any bit?

Garda Traffic Corps were out at Mount Merrion at around 12 after the pandemonium had ended.

What a waste of resources!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Sounds like they should have hired some Lidl cashiers for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Swords is absolutely manic too now. Traffic backed up as far as the Pavillions, nothing moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Saw big queues myself. The offers are on till 11pm tonight but suspect they will be well sold out of them by then. Except the car wash, provided they dont run out of detergent

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Saw big queues myself. The offers are on till 11pm tonight but suspect they will be well sold out of them by then. Except the car wash, provided they dont run out of detergent

offer is over at 4pm there was 3 stations announced every hour over 8 hours, last station being announced at 3pm

Gardai were on the Palmerstown store pretty quick and told them to end it. People were still queuing though. N4 was absolute bedlam in both directions. People were going down the wrong side of the road to try skip the queue and crossing the grass median.

Its absolutely shocking whats going on! Absolutely zero corporate responsibility from Applegreen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'm hearing Palmerstown was crazy alright. This always happens when someone drops their fuel prices massively for a promotion.

There has to be another way of doing it. Maybe select a number of random people through the app and give them the offer with a week to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Got the fuel offer in Swords - filled up 60l for €15, unreal. There was unbelievable traffic when leaving - all the way back out to Fingallians and down the R132 to the pavilion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

What a mess. I know they say there's no such thing as bad publicity but the gardai have better things to be doing than sorting out predictable chaos like this for a private company

• Advertisement

Oh my god theyve just announced that its on in the inchicore road. That is going to cause ABSOLUTE MAYHEM on a friday evening!!! Its going to backup the canal both in and out of Dublin and the inchicore road which is already busy!!!

What a joke!!!!

Hogzy wrote: »
    Oh my god theyve just announced that its on in the inchicore road. That is going to cause ABSOLUTE MAYHEM on a friday evening!!! Its going to backup the canal both in and out of Dublin and the inchicore road which is already busy!!!

What a joke!!!!

Ballymount as well.
    How will the traffic get up heading towards the M50 on that single lane road from Walkinstown Roundabout or the traffic coming off the M50 turning right into Applegreen get in if the roundabout is blocked?
    Ballymount Industrial Estate would be bananas anyway on a Friday afternoon.

That's the last one, surprised Ballinter didn't make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

That's the last one, surprised Ballinter didn't make the cut.
    Why? There are 193 Applegreen stations in Ireland...what's so special about Ballinteer?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭lmkman

Portlaoise chaos no car came in or out of portlaoise for 20 minutes filed up for €11

• Registered Users Posts: 85,210 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

vickers209 wrote: »
    Peteol and diesel will be 24.7 �� cents per litre at selected sites for an hour at a time wont be revealing sites till tomorrow

It should have been in all today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ablelocks

24 carlsberg for €24 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

fletch wrote: »
    Why? There are 193 Applegreen stations in Ireland...what's so special about Ballinteer?

Sure, we're all Tesla drivers in Ballinteer, it'd be wasted on us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Tried my first ever chicken fillet roll at the discounted price.

Had always heard folks rave about 'em but assumed they'd be underwhelming.

Turns out I was right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,210 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any Cork have fuel at the special price?

Advertisement