Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug Dealer Fashion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

In the 90s where I grew up it was scanda jackets everywhere and black or blue Levi's with the Nike air max, it was a hiking jacket pulled in tight at the waist and folded up over the arse.

Unzipped a bit so you could also see the Paco jumper.

This was more the drug user than drug dealer look from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This was more the drug user than drug dealer look from what I remember.
    Nah man in Dublin it was just fashionable in and around the city,

Nah man in Dublin it was just fashionable in and around the city,

I grew up in Neilstown. To me it was generally the heroin addicts who dressed like that. Some still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The Canada goose coats are knock offs available for about 20 in Moore st. Sh1t quality and very flammable.

A drug dealer on my road had his house raided this weekend. His work uniform is a pair of shorts with a black shiny Canada Goose Jacket.

There is another drug dealer in my estate. Canada Goose gillet, grey North face tracksuit and balenciaga runners.

It's very similar to the late 90s early 00s when Burberry got caught up with Chav Culture. They had to rebrand themselves, get rid of their signature colours.

Most of the Canada goose are knock offs available for 20-40 euro from dodgy sources.

• Advertisement

An awful lot of the grey goose and stone Island gear you see is fake. They do be in the family pub in town selling all sorts. Those lads who are top-heavy wearing bet on Kenzo, armani, north face tops, with bet on skinny jeans, no socks and fluorescent runners are priceless. The lads out in clubs (the local) are gas. The height of fashion and the spitting image of one another.

I use to wear alot of skate and outdoor brands, but now they're everywhere in mass quantities and variations, and the quality is absolutely p*ss poor. Vans for example. I remember buying a basic entry level pair in the early 00's for roughly €40, now that same pair is €85 in schuh.:rolleyes:

+1 on this. Most of the can goose is fake. Not sure about north face - others might know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I grew up in Neilstown. To me it was generally the heroin addicts who dressed like that. Some still do.

When I was 17 or so it was the go to uniform of the "lads"
    Although I agree the ones who haven't moved on seem to have drug issues

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Remember BK Knights, Xworx jeans and Eclipse bomber jackets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

That hideous shorts/white socks combo that seems to be inspired by Mexican American gangbangers.

Or the other lot who wear shorts with George Webb’s and white socks. Culture boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

+1 on this. Most of the can goose is fake. Not sure about north face - others might know ?

Real North Face wear is expensive, parka's for about 230euros and waterproofs, around 100 - 130. I do a lot of wild camping and have a good bit of their stuff down throughout the years, but now thanks to these $hitrats, if you go up a mountain trail these days and somebody sees ya in the North Face gear they probably think your going up to harvest your crystal meth meadow.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Rodin wrote: »
    It's not cold enough in Ireland for Canada Goose even in winter

I have an €800 Canada Goose, which got as a present and haven’t wore it once due to scrotes going around in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Scrotes in my day used to wear denim jeans, stripey jumpers and a cap at a 45 degree angle. Then it progressed to tracksuits tucked into their socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Most of the Canada goose are knock offs available for 20-40 euro from dodgy sources.

It is a statement in their eyes, an expression of their 'status' as they see it.

They have €600 +++ to spend on a coat that costs €600+++

They pay in cash because they charge in cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

imme wrote: »
    :confused:

Are you a stand up comedian

:confused:

Yes.

Sometimes i go into Brown Thomas to take a piss. Anyway, this one time I was in there, some drug dealer (obviously a drug dealer) was buying this obnoxious-looking handbag in 50-euro-notes. I've never seen so many 50s in my life. He was just whittling them onto the counter, so casual. I kind of disrespect them for putting up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Sometimes i go into Brown Thomas to take a piss. Anyway, this one time I was in there, some drug dealer (obviously a drug dealer) was buying this obnoxious-looking handbag in 50-euro-notes. I've never seen so many 50s in my life. He was just whittling them onto the counter, so casual. I kind of disrespect them for putting up with it.

I’ve seen staff in BT have to spray their areas down with aftershave after the “boyz” leave the till because the bang of weed is so strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

The Travellers you see calling each other out on You Tube seem to have another look, usually tight fitting Puma or Nike t-shirts with knee length shorts, others with a matching hoodie and tracksuit bottoms combo. Then you see a group of them with this look interspersed with older ones donning short sleeved check shirts or the Colm Meaney Irish Dad from The Commitments look, V Neck pullovers with protruding white shirt collars.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

dd973 wrote: »
    The Travellers you see calling each other out on You Tube seem to have another look, usually tight fitting Puma or Nike t-shirts with knee length shorts, others with a matching hoodie and tracksuit bottoms combo. Then you see a group of them with this look interspersed with older ones donning short sleeved check shirts or the Colm Meaney Irish Dad from The Commitments look, V Neck pullovers with protruding white shirt collars.

The one's around us who are trying to impress always have a shiny pair of black or brown shoes!

The one's around us who are trying to impress always have a shiny pair of black or brown shoes!

Ah the 1980's :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I like The North Face clothing and will continue to wear and buy their clothes (t-shirts, soft shells, rain coats etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Adam9213

One of the main reasons people want to be a drug dealer is because women are highly attracted to them, middle class drug dealers get the best women a lot of people don't realise it because it's not a boyfriend/girlfriend kind of thing it's casual meets and if you're not in the right circles you won't realise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Gucci sliders/sandals

Gucci tracksuit (vomit)

Manbags

Balenciaga or moncler jacket (vomit)

Big thick ballymun accents on them with fancy clothes and veneer teeth but their house doesn't even have curtains :V

imme wrote: »
    It is a statement in their eyes, an expression of their 'status' as they see it.

They have €600 +++ to spend on a coat that costs €600+++

They pay in cash because they charge in cash.

Also a lot of drug dealers don't make much money weekly they're just good with managing it they might barely spend any cash at all for a whole year and then they start spending some of it on fancy things like clothes which can give off the image that they make a lot of money when they don't.

Gucci sliders/sandals

Gucci tracksuit (vomit)

Manbags

Balenciaga or moncler jacket (vomit)

Big thick ballymun accents on them with fancy clothes and veneer teeth but their house doesn't even have curtains :V

There's different types of drugs dealers most of the average drug dealers are middle class who just sell weed and coke the middle class are the best clientele for those two drugs.

Adam9213 wrote: »
    Also a lot of drug dealers don't make much money weekly they're just good with managing it they might barely spend any cash at all for a whole year and then they start spending some of it on fancy things like clothes which can give off the image that they make a lot of money when they don't.

They employ PR companies as well I'm sure.

They'll be funding hospitals next.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

I like The North Face clothing and will continue to wear and buy their clothes (t-shirts, soft shells, rain coats etc.)

Only because you can afford them, it might feel big and clever now but remember it's ends in death or The Joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

There's different types of drugs dealers most of the average drug dealers are middle class who just sell weed and coke the middle class are the best clientele for those two drugs.

I dont know any 'middle class' drug dealers that sell weed.

Coke is a little different yeah, obviously it's way more expensive for the quantity so you would have people with money actually buying it.

If I ever knew anyone that sold coke they didn't have the designer gear to show their 'status', since they weren't typical scumbags trying to prove a point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭pgj2015

One of the main reasons people want to be a drug dealer is because women are highly attracted to them, middle class drug dealers get the best women a lot of people don't realise it because it's not a boyfriend/girlfriend kind of thing it's casual meets and if you're not in the right circles you won't realise it.

Best women? most iv seen are just the female version of the knacker selling the drugs, an ugly dim horrible piece of dirt.

dd973 wrote: »
    Only because you can afford them, it might feel big and clever now but remember it's ends in death or The Joy.

It's a gateway brand. One minute you're wearing a black North Face rain jacket in Winter. The next thing you know you're sweating in a Moncler camo quilted coat and EA7 shorts in 25deg heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,613 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's a gateway brand. One minute you're wearing a black North Face rain jacket in Winter. The next thing you know you're sweating in a Moncler camo quilted coat and EA7 shorts in 25deg heat.

I obviously live a very sheltered life as I'm not familiar with Moncler.

I just googled that coat, it's hideous.

Advertisement