Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S92 SAR Searchlight (XP11).

Options
  • 13-06-2020 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Hi all, anybody else find the SAR searchlight very poor, in fact not powerful at all? Is there a fix to this?

Ive noticed I can change somethings via planemaker but the SAR searchlight is not listed there at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Also is there a way to get sharper more crisp navigation lights? There is any amount of stuff on XP for HD lights but its all street lighting, has nobody ever done the aircraft lights? The halo effect on some is horrendous.

Hi all, has anybody had a look at the lights? Also is there a way to change the colour of the aviation flashlight from red to green??

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

Yeah....I have been having a look alright, and at the lighting system in general. From what I understand the lighting is controlled centrally.from the lights file (and the accompanying billboard file). I'm still working on the other specifics such as increasing the brightness . Also looking into the sounds for you.

Brilliant, thank you, I hope it is an editable as FS9/FSX was.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm ..... I fear you are being a bit to over enthusiastic..and a tad premature in your raised hopes:eek:.The lights in XP are quite a bit more complex than FSX/FS9, as they are altered by the one file. I tried making a couple of alterations to the main lights.bmp but with little or no success in changing the appearance. With regard to the sounds, the interior noise is supplied by 4 Wav files ...Eng1_interior Eng2_interior and rotor1_inn and rotor2_inn. Listening to both Eng1_interior and Eng2_interior they seem pretty close to the sound in the clip. rotor_interior is I would say is a bit loud and could do with a reduction in volume.

I fixed the SAR Searchlight myself around midnight, I went into the aircraft and opened "S92_SAR_lights" with notepad, I then when to the first LIGHT_PARAM which is slaved to the camera which is slaved to the light and changed its RGB to 3 3 3 3 & 400 is the amount of light in meters it spills.

Skyknight wrote: »
    Hmmmm ..... I fear you are being a bit to over enthusiastic..and a tad premature in your raised hopes:eek:.The lights in XP are quite a bit more complex than FSX/FS9, as they are altered by the one file. I tried making a couple of alterations to the main lights.bmp but with little or no success in changing the appearance. With regard to the sounds, the interior noise is supplied by 4 Wav files ...Eng1_interior Eng2_interior and rotor1_inn and rotor2_inn. Listening to both Eng1_interior and Eng2_interior they seem pretty close to the sound in the clip. rotor_interior is I would say is a bit loud and could do with a reduction in volume.

Where do you see "rotor interior"?

In my S92 soundfile I have:
    S92 engn1_inn
    S92 engn1_out
    S92 engn2_inn
    S92 engn2_out
    S92 prop1_inn
    S92 prop1_out
    S92 prop2_inn
    S92 prop2_out
    S92 star1
    S92 star2

Apologies, originally written at 02:04 (or the abouts as well as on a different machine to the one the files are on ) at which typos are common.... but I'm assuming that the highlighted sound files are the interior sounds for both the tail main rotors:
    S92 engn1_inn
    S92 engn1_out
    S92 engn2_inn
    S92 engn2_out
    S92 prop1_inn
    S92 prop1_out
    S92 prop2_inn
    S92 prop2_out
    S92 star1
    S92 star2

Just curious Is this what you are looking for in regard to the size of Nav lights?
    S92-SAR-2020-06-28-22-04-12.png
    There is still the bloom /halo effect, but I'm guess that some where in the ball park

• Advertisement

Thats it bt more intense, & wondering how to change the aviation flashlight from red & white to green.

Just curious Is this what you are looking for in regard to the size of Nav lights?
    There is still the bloom /halo effect, but I'm guess that some where in the ball park

How did you do that? Thank you BTW. I hope Ciano is working on Helipads now :D

The sound im trying to disable is an "electric" type sound, its only heard when i increase the throttle/collective, its way too loud whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Psychlops wrote: »
    How did you do that? Thank you BTW. I hope Ciano is working on Helipads now :D

Alright alright I'll try :D I'm going to try the one at University Hospital Limerick. Does anyone know if there's ICAO codes associated with these helipads? I'm not sure what code to give it, and can't see anything online about it.

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Alright alright I'll try :D I'm going to try the one at University Hospital Limerick. Does anyone know if there's ICAO codes associated with these helipads? I'm not sure what code to give it, and can't see anything online about it.

No codes with the helipads, they do have designators.

No codes with the helipads, they do have designators.

Do you know what they are by any chance? I have a helipad made now for UHL. Now just adding paths, objects etc.

Do you know what they are by any chance? I have a helipad made now for UHL. Now just adding paths, objects etc.

They give as a designator letters, UHL etc, nothing else really.

Will they be workable with default scenery?

They give as a designator letters, UHL etc, nothing else really.

Will they be workable with default scenery?

No problem. I'm wondering how you'd find the helipad in the GPS for example if there's no code to put in. Should have a picture soon. Looks pretty good :)

No problem. I'm wondering how you'd find the helipad in the GPS for example if there's no code to put in. Should have a picture soon. Looks pretty good :)

Sweet, id imagine the code is slaved to the gps/moving map.

Few screenshots. I'm placing default facades for the hospital, and placing houses in the housing estates nearby. I had loads of trees placed also which made the scenery look nice and realistic but for some reason they're not showing in the sim.

Then I had a look at my EINN scenery where I used the same trees on the golf course, and they're not showing there either. It might be something to do with the 11.50 beta. Can anyone with 11.50 check the golf course at EINN and see if the trees show up? Thanks :)

22.jpg

23.jpg

21.jpg

• Advertisement

You are absolutely brilliant, next up is, UH Galway, UH Mayo (Castlebar), Sligo UH, Letterkenny UH, Beaumont, Tallaght..
    You are definitely getting a paypal off of me...Excellent work.

I cant wait for these, I can then add Ambulances via Overlay Editor.

Any release date for the above? :D

Any release date for the above? :D

Not yet, things have been mad busy for me lately so everything sim related has taken a back seat for now. Hopefully will be back on it after the weekend. :)

Sweet, looking forward to this :)

So how did you do that?

Sorry about the delay, Psychlops.
    Have been playing around with it .....Editing the Lights .txt
    and change the values to those in bold
    :
    v9: compatibility
    BILLBOARD_SW airplane_nav_tail 1 1 1 1 0.3 1 5 7 0 0 0 1 sim/graphics/animation/lights/airplane_navigation_light
    BILLBOARD_SW airplane_nav_left 1 1 1 1 0.2 1 7 7 0 0 0 1 sim/graphics/animation/lights/airplane_navigation_light
    BILLBOARD_SW airplane_nav_right 1 1 1 1 0.2 1 6 7 0 0 0 1 sim/graphics/animation/lights/airplane_navigation_light

Sorry about the delay, Psychlops.
    Have been playing around with it .....Editing the Lights .txt
    and change the values to those in bold
    :
    v9: compatibility
    BILLBOARD_SW airplane_nav_tail 1 1 1 1 0.3 1 5 7 0 0 0 1 sim/graphics/animation/lights/airplane_navigation_light
    BILLBOARD_SW airplane_nav_left 1 1 1 1 0.2 1 7 7 0 0 0 1 sim/graphics/animation/lights/airplane_navigation_light
    BILLBOARD_SW airplane_nav_right 1 1 1 1 0.2 1 6 7 0 0 0 1 sim/graphics/animation/lights/airplane_navigation_light

Excellent & thank you, on a side note, a person on the XP forum has said the developer is still around & has major improvements coming soon which is great, I think the tail rotor is over torqued & gives too much output as she keeps pulling to the right, this is not a real life experience.

When I look at the MFD for navigation, I wonder. where is it sourcing this info?

Sorry I still have gotten around to the helipads Psychlops, but there's a very good reason for it. Something big to be announced soon :)

• Advertisement

When I look at the MFD for navigation, I wonder. where is it sourcing this info?
    X-Plane 11\Resources\default data\CIFP....I think

Sorry I still have gotten around to the helipads Psychlops, but there's a very good reason for it. Something big to be announced soon

:O Inquiring minds, and nosy people are just dying to know :D

Advertisement