Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lassykk's SURLAW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Glad to see that I'm not alone in liking JJ72. Really impressed by what I heard and I will investigate them more.

I was doing my best to bring in at least a couple of bands people wouldn't have been familiar with - Think JJ72, Seven Mary Three & Guster would have very limited fanbases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Yeah I sent your playlist to my friend who lived there for a few years, and he asked if you had too :D

I absolutely adore this song by Guster.

I would like to join in please :)

I would like to join in please :)

Of course :) all are welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ranked, Rated, and Submitted...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Ranked, Rated, and Submitted...

giphy.gif

ooh, you're fast.
    I now have my top-10. After the second listen one of the songs that I have initially marked for elimination climbed back into my top-10.
    I will need at least another listen to rank them.
    The top-2 is done, but below that the other 8 songs are pretty close to each other

ooh, you're fast.
    I now have my top-10. After the second listen one of the songs that I have initially marked for elimination climbed back into my top-10.
    The top-2 is done, but below that the other 8 songs are pretty close to each other

I pretty much had my Top 10 after the first listen last night. Only 1 song managed to sneak on after repeated listens, and then ranking them within the 10 was fairly straightforward. My Top 6 never changed from the second listen, and only minor changes from 7-10 on repeated listens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

/\ Haven't heard that song in 20 years

• Advertisement

ooh, you're fast.

Was actually a vote in the first night it went up too! Two in now and I've yet to decide my own voting preferences as I obviously love all the songs!

ShaneU wrote: »

Hadn't listened to it in years myself but was going through some really old mp3s on my laptop and rediscovered them. Sadly they aren't on Spotify where I listen to most of my music

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Good morning everyone!!

Just finished and sent my top-10.
    Numbers 1 and 2 were never in doubt: Top spot is a song that I really love and number 2 from an album that I really like - and I think it will be quite high in the final.
    Positions 3 to 10 were very close to each other and on another day I could have ranked them differently, but it is what it is.

Thanks for organising lassykk, looking forward to the reveal!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

First listen almost complete. Some songs from artists I already knew and liked I thought I would like that I didnt, some songs from artists I didnt know that I absolutely love.

This might be more difficult than I initially thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

giphy.gif

Good morning everyone!!

Just finished and sent my top-10.
    Numbers 1 and 2 were never in doubt: Top spot is a song that I really love and number 2 from an album that I really like - and I think it will be quite high in the final.
    Positions 3 to 10 were very close to each other and on another day I could have ranked them differently, but it is what it is.

Thanks for organising lassykk, looking forward to the reveal!!

Ah now see we might bump in to each other at a concert if you like that Album as it's my favourite one!

Five entries now submitted, including my own votes

Only one song has received votes from everyone and only one song has received no votes so quite a good spread at the moment.

Up to 7 entries now so ticking along nicely.

Still one song getting votes from everyone and one song getting no votes!

lassykk wrote: »
    Still one song getting votes from everyone and one song getting no votes!

Up to you of course, but might take away from the reveal a bit if we know these things in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Getting to a second listen tonight hopefully so should have my scores in by tomorrow.

Up to you of course, but might take away from the reveal a bit if we know these things in advance.

True enough! I'll just share the number of voters on occasion so to bump the thread!

Oh wow music can be so powerful. There is one song there that takes me right back. My belly did a little flop when I heard it.

Oh wow music can be so powerful. There is one song there that takes me right back. My belly did a little flop when I heard it.

Some of the songs in there would mean a lot to me too and remind me of specific occasions. Feeling this by Blink would be one of them. Probably not the world's greatest song but just fond memories associated to it!

And then there was ten

516050.jpg

Any excuse to post a pic of the best album ever released

Up to 12 entries now :)

Going to close this next Friday night with the reveal next Saturday night starting at 7.30pm (child bed time dependent!)

Hopefully we can get up to 20 entries at least

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

I'll get an entry in

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ShaneU wrote: »

I feel old, I consider JJ72 a still newish Irish band :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

its rare to see creed (sort of!)turn up in these. used enjoy them back in the day

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I feel old, I consider JJ72 a still newish Irish band :o

They were from my teens so definitely not new anymore sadly ;)

Advertisement