Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you trust Bill Gates?

Options
  • 03-06-2020 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something seems off about this guy.

He is constantly hailed as a healthcare expert on COVID-19, even though his expertise is software development. He continues to shower the increasingly discredited WHO with millions of dollars. Then there is stuff like this:

This is a slightly satirical commentary on Gates' recent activities :D:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,450 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Sure, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Good jib!

You're possible confusing someone who takes an interest in improving health around the world, with someone who claims to be an expert.

As for the population thing, the earth obviously has its limits, and the higher the population, the fewer resources available per person and the greater the risk of soil depletion, deforestation, excessive global warming, so managing the population is important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

More conspiracy theory bull**** by a newbie.

BIll Gates has done more for more people than you could do in a million lifetimes.

Didn't he do a TED talk five or six years ago and near enough describe the current Covid-19 situation?

He was saying that the world was grossly unprepared for such a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Cordell

Soros is not long for this world and Gates is a handy replacement. That's all.

• Advertisement

I'm sure a 17 second clip of him talking is entirely representative of the man.

He and his charity have helped millions of people.
    Potentially billions.
    I'd offer him citizenship here.

Purple monkey dishwasher bill gates evil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

I still don't understand what nefarious intentions supposedly Gates has.
    What would he stand to gain by ensuring hundreds of millions of poor people have access to vaccinations, except for the satisfaction that he has done something good with some of his money.

Cordell wrote: »
    Soros is not long for this world and Gates is a handy replacement. That's all.

I'm relieved that one overlord will hand the reins to another. Accidentally inhaled those chemtrails again, the liberals are trying to impose sharia law in Ireland. They won't sneak it by me, not with this pitchfork raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Took 6 whole posts before Soros was mentioned. These lads are slowing up a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I never trusted him after what he did to Homer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'm relieved that one overlord will hand the reins to another. Accidentally inhaled those chemtrails again, the liberals are trying to impose sharia law in Ireland. They won't sneak it by me, not with this pitchfork raised.
    Keep fighting the good fight, I'll join in a minute. I've no pitchfork, will a rake do?
    Corholio wrote: »
    Took 6 whole posts before Soros was mentioned. These lads are slowing up a bit!
    This is what is happening, he's getting more and more blame for various things, a few weeks ago some italian nutcase MP demanded his arrest. Soros is very old and they need someone else to carry the blame for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is he another Communist? :pac:

tinfoil-hat.jpg

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭JoChervil

OP, please, stop that nonsense.

There are enough anti-vaxxers attacking him out three...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

The bigger question is how did he go from being a nerdy billionaire putting his fortune into charity to some hate-figure for conspiracy theorists?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    The bigger question is how did he go from being a nerdy billionaire putting his fortune into charity to some hate-figure for conspiracy theorists?

Because George Soros is old and they need another liberal billionaire figure to hate on after Soros dies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I still don't understand what nefarious intentions supposedly Gates has.
    What would he stand to gain by ensuring hundreds of millions of poor people have access to vaccinations, except for the satisfaction that he has done something good with some of his money.
    Take your pick of vested (technological, and potential revenue streams):

i) Supports id2020.org, to ensure the everyone on the planet has a 'DigitalID', much like a barcode*, to quickly identify anyone, anywhere at any time. Without this new 'DigitalID' access to services may be restricted, if it does see mass roll-out (2030-ish).

ii) Funded something similar (but different) to an inbody chip via MIT.
    It's called the 'QuantumDotTatto'.
    Deployable under the guise of 'tracking vaccines' (immunisation passports). https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2019018301A1/en This product is the most likely candidate to '*barcode' folks. It can pull a unique 16kb of blockchain paired data via Azure Cloud from anywhere, anytime with a simple i-red scan. This datamark will likely contain all important private details and all forms of old paper/plastic ID. It may also function as a 'digital wallet^'.

ii) While at MicroSoft the filed a patent for in-body ^blockchain mining (ideal for the digital cashless future, and a good transaction earner). Essentially uses your own body (blood sugars, and energy) as a digital wallet processor. https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2020060606

(more for historical reference): Birth control in Africa using chip implants, The Guardian alluded that this may be viewed by many as 'subversive family planning'. Might also be health risks e.g. with storing a 16yr resivour of the hormone levonorgestrel (inbody) e.g. accidential bulk/remote release etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/architecture-design-blog/2014/jul/11/design-futures-remote-controlled-contraceptive-microchip-launch-by-2018

So, yes intersted in healthcare, but more so with a view to digitise it, along with universal digital embodiment identifers. This in turn can lead to control of populations and huge fiscal returns.

Because George Soros is old and they need another liberal billionaire figure to hate on after Soros dies.

George Soros is a much more divisive figure though; whether you're talking about his currency raiding or the causes he funds. Just because a lot of lunatics build him up into something bigger doesn't mean many of the criticisms of him aren't appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

In a world where a lot of rich people are assholes, I genuinely thing Bill Gates is one of the really good guys. Seems his heart is in the right place.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    In a world where a lot of rich people are assholes, I genuinely thing Bill Gates is one of the really good guys. Seems his heart is in the right place.

He definitely did some sharp practices in Microsoft, but it was the nature of the industry.
    His overall contribution to human advancement is enormous.

The worst thing I'd say about him is that developing world toilet idea he had in the Netflix documentary was ridiculous. A perfect example of tech nerd over-engineering to solve a basic problem that is actually beyond parody.

Still doesn't explain how he's become some conspiracy villain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: moved to conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    If you read about his dealings with Gary Kildall you would probably change every word in your above sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

people who think bill gates is a coronavirus expert are usually the people who think covid 19 is the first instance of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,651 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Good jib!

I'm sure a 17 second clip of him talking is entirely representative of the man.

He and his charity have helped millions of people.
    Potentially billions.
    I'd offer him citizenship here.

Yeah, but did you watch the 31 minute video? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something seems off about

Ah the bedrock of conspiracy forums everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The Nal wrote: »

Ah the same old 'guff' and 'grifters' to trying to incorrectly build a false connection of BillyGates with actual 'hard chip' insertion, therby (rightfully) allowing the opportunity, to return reasons why it's not the case (hard chipping).

Of course it's not the case. (Well in regards to COVID).

Not sure many think it is.... His actual brief (and thus solution) via MIT for DigitalImmunityCerts was much, much, more subtle than all this 'chipping'.

Their (MITs) proposal in return, on the back of Bill's millions is the very simple: (not chip) (not RFID) and (non invasive) and (non medical insertion): Quantum Dot Tattoo.

A very simple quick subtle embodiment, that functions as a very simple, unique data mark on the arm. Can be performed quickly and simply, using microneedles, sits just under the skin.
    https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2019018301A1/en Sure you'd hardly know it will be embedded at time of vaccine, just another 1 second process on top of the jab.

AFAIK he hasn't been 'sticking actual proper big chips' in to people for good while now, not since his 'family planning' proposal many years ago.
    https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/architecture-design-blog/2014/jul/11/design-futures-remote-controlled-contraceptive-microchip-launch-by-2018
    Not even sure what become of the 'remote control chip based 16yr e-reservoir based levonorgestrel dosing', of African ladies that was planned for 2018, anybody know? Most likely buried due to bad PR.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

The conspiracy I've heard from David Icke is that Gates is carrying out a sterilisation/depopulation agenda and using vaccines as a guise for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭blackbox

It's a shame that his nuclear power program hasn't come to fruition.

Advertisement