Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

codrulz wrote: »
    Non-event, error with figures has been known since the March numbers.

It's not really a non-event. The unemployment rate is being advertised as 13% when it's actually 16%.

Arguably much of the Friday surge was driven by the decrease in unemployment which is fair enough, but the fact that the numbers are wrong by 3% or 4.9 million is still relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,097 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

retalivity wrote: »
    Great shout, bought in at 25.50, up 13% alone today to 28.85

Jesus, TLW up another 22% already this morning, currently at 37.20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

krissovo wrote: »
    ABF are looking good, I just checked and Primark (the cash cow) announced they are opening so I expect queues from the masses of women and kids who have been deprived fast fashion for 2 months to rally.

Nice shout here too. Thanks.

The coffee from ChinHA is up 17% pre-market.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

It's not really a non-event. The unemployment rate is being advertised as 13% when it's actually 16%.

Arguably much of the Friday surge was driven by the decrease in unemployment which is fair enough, but the fact that the numbers are wrong by 3% or 4.9 million is still relevant.

Futures are green. It's a non-event to the market. Don't fight the Fed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Green&Red wrote: »
    Ya Primark and Sugar are their two majors, I could see them up to £25 before long

Centrica are another good bet I think, I know the spot market for oil is poor but they should only have a small portion of that, no reason they won’t bounce up again

Centrica going well again today, I think they’ve a lot more room to go

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Wombatman wrote: »

as every investor knows pre-market is meaningless but also meaningfull we have all seen pre gains being lost by open , will be interesting to track it 45 mins before open.
    the Volume looks healthy also, the robinhood millenials are back on their smart phones after their block party...
    Could see 8 today or this week , the news on restructuring is getting close.
    Aint no way this will be delisted, a slap on the wrist , who doesnt like China and coffee
    Had top sliced some of my holding at 6.30 from 2 will get back in with house money this morning.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Speaking of the weather , the first storm, Hurricane Christobal, of the season is tracking across the Gulf , are your oil picks exposed with platforms in that basin, if it makes landfall in Louisiana theres money to be made if you play your cards right. Some rigs are already shutdown and evacuated, this should impact positively on inventory stockpile. long APA and MRO

Christobal shuts down 30% of gulf rigs
    US domestic pump price will pop
    Saudi announced an increase in price
    OPEC+ came thru as I predicted

Hope others jumped on my Friday buy in with APA, MRO .. all up double digit % pre-m
    unfortunatelyany chance of avoiding a wave 2 covid was blown away by the kids weekend block partys, just a matter of when the cases rise again. SK is already reporting rising cases .
    The V will become a W in the coming fortnight, Im going to get back on the sidelines at some point before this happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Harpon

Christobal shuts down 30% of gulf rigs
    US domestic pump price will pop
    Saudi announced an increase in price
    OPEC+ came thru as I predicted

Hope others jumped on my Friday buy in with APA, MRO .. all up double digit % pre-m
    unfortunatelyany chance of avoiding a wave 2 covid was blown away by the kids weekend block partys, just a matter of when the cases rise again. SK is already reporting rising cases .
    The V will become a W in the coming fortnight, Im going to get back on the sidelines at some point before this happens.

After easing social distancing they have 38 new cases in a population of 51 million........RUN TO DA HILLS!!!

Seriously, stop being such a chicken little. Stop reading the scare mongering headlines and read the full article.

Fact is median death rate is 82.
    More than 70% of cases are from care homes and hospitals.
    More than 90% of those who died had a pre existing condition.
    When the second wave comes in Oct/Nov, there won’t be anywhere near as many icu admissions and deaths due to more focus on protecting those in care homes and hospitals, people wearing masks and frequent hand washing, and more testing being in place. This thing was circulating in the community for months before anyone knew it even existed, it’s different now.

Don’t fight the fed and don’t fight QE forever from the ECB.

RGR currently trading at $69
    whats not to like about a company with 400 milion in revenue, no debt and 100+ million in cash , trailing pe 35 and forward pe 22
    customers queing up to buy your product with some outlets by appointment only
    record demand with 2 million new customers
    and the June numbers will be the best in a decade thanks to all the millenials block partys
    some demand is already priced in but Im going to park some of the recent bump profit here for 3-4 years, for when the crap hits the fan
    you cant go wrong with having some gun stock and some gun stock in this day and age. ...

• Advertisement

Harpon wrote: »
    After easing social distancing they have 38 new cases in a population of 51 million........RUN TO DA HILLS!!!

Seriously, stop being such a chicken little. Stop reading the scare mongering headlines and read the full article.

When the second wave comes in Oct/Nov, there won’t be anywhere near as many icu admissions and deaths due to more focus on protecting those in care homes and hospitals, people wearing masks and frequent hand washing, and more testing being in place. This thing was circulating in the community for months before anyone knew it even existed, it’s different now.

is there investment advice in that post .. if so im not seeing it.
    be great if we could stick to investment opinions and investment reasoning
    STOCK PICKS 2020 after all

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

Harpon wrote: »

I was thinking another wave might not be as bad as they will be more prepaired but people are getting more casual- if Trump was to actually loose the election in Nov (i think there stock market will dive), another chance to get cheap stock. but yeah dont fight the fed...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

RGR currently trading at $69
    whats not to like about a company with 400 milion in revenue, no debt and 100+ million in cash , trailing pe 35 and forward pe 22
    customers queing up to buy your product with some outlets by appointment only
    record demand with 2 million new customers
    and the June numbers will be the best in a decade thanks to all the millenials block partys
    some demand is already priced in but Im going to park some of the recent bump profit here for 3-4 years, for when the crap hits the fan
    you cant go wrong with having some gun stock and some gun stock in this day and age. ...

ya I mentioned this one last week along with 2 others

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113626359&postcount=2776

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

as every investor knows pre-market is meaningless but also meaningfull we have all seen pre gains being lost by open , will be interesting to track it 45 mins before open.
    the Volume looks healthy also, the robinhood millenials are back on their smart phones after their block party...
    Could see 8 today or this week , the news on restructuring is getting close.
    Aint no way this will be delisted, a slap on the wrist , who doesnt like China and coffee
    Had top sliced some of my holding at 6.30 from 2 will get back in with house money this morning.

Pre market is not meaningless

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Pre market is not meaningless

sure it is .. plenty times
    if volume its tiny and someones playing the price up or down with a handful of stocks its as meaningless as it gets..

which is why I didnt say pre market was meaningless
    i qualified it by saying
    as every investor knows pre-market is meaningless but also meaningfull

Expecting alot of profit taking later this morning, post the early pop and caffeine kicking in. I know I will be taking some, seems to be all im doing these days.
    Some nerves will set in later as the street considers upcoming Fed meeting on Wed. Im expecting very positive comments from the Fed , they wont want to derail anything. The only challenge is timing to pick up any dip oppurtunities pre the stmt they will come out with, and positioning yourself for JPs hands off we will catch you if you fall and a prize for everyone economic spin.

Wombatman wrote: »

and just like that its all gone by the time we open.
    like I said pre-m can be meaningless dont get hung up on it like some folks around here
    But a good re-entry point is approaching as the lady of the night said to the bishop.

Looks like the oil plays are going to hold their gains. Who says I wasnt working this weekend , I was it was hard work making 15% on my Friday oil play compounded on top of prior gains.
    HTZ may hold onto some of its pre gains, thats the power of averaging down working its magic

Going to take a temporary (I trust) hit on EBS it would appear , Emergrent Bio-systems , its a vaccine manufacturer partner for vaccine deevelopers, but I have faith it will come good once the winners of OWS are announced. And this was always a play 6-8 onths out. A reminder to oneself the tide comes in and out and there is nothing you can do about it.

If you believe the world is all round again and the future is rosy (whihc I dont) then SYY Sysco Corp($65 pre) are a good play. They do all the trucking moving food about to major restaraunts, companies and cafeterias. Ive traded in and out of them during Covid to the green side. Do your own DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

if some are considering playing LK theny maybe DB or GE might be of interest.

and just like that its all gone by the time we open.
    like I said pre-m can be meaningless dont get hung up on it like some folks around here
    But a good re-entry point is approaching as the lady of the night said to the bishop.

LK under 4 was gift that could not be refused

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Rolls Royce debt downgraded and conversely up 14%, could be worth a punt as one of the few remaining with lots to run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Up well over 100% after today - I'd expect the vote to be a foregone conclusion and may be a sell the event occasion but I think/hope once this floats as NKLA it will take off a la Beyond Meat. I also have warrants at 11.50 so that might be a very good deal if they really take off.
    NKLA up 70% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

if CVX ($100) is your oil play, why hold them . They are only 25% off their 52 week high. Why not take a position in a smaller cap oil play.
    APA ($16 currently , under $13 when I mentioned it yesterday is the one .

By the way no one should ever take investment advice from strangers on public discussion boards..

Will sell now CVX at + 101 I can see tomorrow the SP 500 dropping a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Shedite27 wrote: »
    NKLA up 70% today.

I want to keep it long term but i dunno if they can keep this price high with no product.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I want to keep it long term but i dunno if they can keep this price high with no product.
    Yeah feels like I can sell at $60 today and buy again at $40 by the end of the week

APA announced its moving off NYSE and exclusively onto NASDAQ.
    I top sliced this morning , keeping 20% of my holding, and expect index funds may also sell APA off to accomodate the above. Will get in later this week dependant on the weather, opening up of economy, economic numbers coming out later, Fed meeting. APA is still my #1 maanged oil company, but thats no guarantee it translates to Wall St, the street never cared about fundamentals and never will.
    Taking a punt on another bankrupt company WLL (2.15) , as a penny oil play.
    as well as CPE (2.01) . Seems investing in bankruptcy is the new hot commodity, just ask CHK, HTZ and LK .
    Happy to have loaded up (pun intended) on RGR.
    Robinhood millenials been busy on their phones this mornign after their block partys, lets see how the market reacts once the ICUs pick up the hangover in 2 weeks.
    GLTA its been a wild ride since last Thursday, Jay Powell better not rock the boot on Wednesday.

..... and the June numbers will be the best in a decade thanks to all the millenials block partys ....
    Robinhood millenials been busy on their phones this mornign after their block partys, ....
    ....unfortunately any chance of avoiding a wave 2 covid was blown away by the kids weekend block partys, just a matter of when the cases rise again. SK is already reporting rising cases....
    ....the Volume looks healthy also, the robinhood millenials are back on their smart phones after their block party...

How many more times today are ya gonna use that line grandpa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

What does it even mean? I read it in an article about Hertz earlier.

I cant find your stock picks Shedite27 .. can you remind me .

Grandpa is killing it today ... you should spend less time being offended and more time paying attention ... friggin snowflakes infected everything these days even making money ....
    Taking a punt on another bankrupt company WLL (2.15) , as a penny oil play.
    as well as CPE (2.01) . Seems investing in bankruptcy is the new hot commodity, just ask CHK, HTZ and LK .

up 10% and 25% respectively for a day trade..

not to mention LK... up 25% on that day trade
    LK under 4 was gift that could not be refused

roll on power hour ..

Robinhood is the name of a trading platform company.
    It is the preferrred trading platform of millenials.
    It has a phone friendly app .

Google the term Robinhood Millenials .. you will find 300,000 plus hits.
    Everyone in the trading houses uses that term quite often when speaking of 'the new investor generation'
    some peopel are offended by it.. I got out of bed this morning some peopel were offended by that.. its the way of the world.

Dont use Robinhood, its crap, has crashed 3 times in the last 3 months on the heaviest trading days, cost the millenials millions in losses. but heh they arent renowned for making the best choices in life ..

roll on power hour ..

• Advertisement

It's meaningful and meaningless :cool:.

Advertisement