Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 250 Nunes V Spencer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Incredible one punch, as clean as it gets, walk off KO. Bang! Nighty night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Cody Garbrandt will fight a smarter fight tonight and win by decision. 10/3 let's go

• Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Still Ill wrote:
    Cody Garbrandt will fight a smarter fight tonight and win by decision. 10/3 let's go
    I think he'll get ko'd again. Seems to have lost his way.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think he'll get ko'd again. Seems to have lost his way.

Honestly, I think he was winning all 3 at one point. Just needs to not be an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mad that that fight was on prior to this. Sterling deserves a shot. Gatbrandt the bigger name but 3 losses in a row v 2 losses in a row now c'mon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Is it just me or does this actually look like a midget fight with a midget ref??

Still Ill wrote: »

Agh.. Think I called that fight well. Great KO though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

How perfect was that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Well fcuk me

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

How perfect was that?!

Right on the buzzer.

• Advertisement

Nunes in one

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Still Ill wrote: »
    Nunes in one

1 round, 1 minute or 1 punch? Either is possible with Nunes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

She certainly can do it very quickly a long as she is better prepared than she was as for her last fight. Can't help but feel being able to hear the coaches might elongate the fight.

Nunes absolutely toying with Spencer here.

She's the goat, fcuk jbj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Nunes absolutely toying with Spencer here.

its like she's playing fifa on amateur difficulty :D

Nunes in total control here

I wish she'd stop taking the piss and get it done so I can head to bed!

I have her to win by sub but I couldn't care how she finishes it so long as she finishes it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I wish she'd stop taking the piss and get it done so I can head to bed!

I have her to win by sub but I couldn't care how she finishes it so long as she finishes it at this stage.

+1 might sound silly but prob a good spot for her corner to throw in the towel she absolute 0% chance of winning this fight and is just getting pounded and humiliated .

edit: just as i hit send DC says he thinks they shouldnt.

Did they just try play fake crowd noise in anyone's stream? Lol

• Advertisement

Throw in the towel, she's too tough for her own good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just caught up there this morning during work. Some great fights.

Cody & O'Malley with two absolute peach kos.

Not sure how I feel about the Apex cage as this goes on, I liked the regular sized ones that they had for the Florida events.

One things for sure, I much rather the events without the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great to see No Love back to winning ways. Hes one of the most exciting fighters in the Ufc.

Great card. The bantemweight division is probably the most exciting and skillfull in the Ufc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Stephen A Smith

Such a shame there was no fans to witness that Cody knockout last night. It deserved that 'Oh sh*t' moan of shock on the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Delighted to see Garbrandt back to winning ways. Thought he was an overhyped tool until his performance in the Cruz fight which I think is one of the singularly greatest performances in UFC history. Agree he was winning all three fights since until he couldn't control himself and got clipped. Two of those losses against a subsequently discredited TJ too.

O'Malley is still overhyped I think and he was up against a guy 15 years past his best but it was still a picture perfect ko.

ASOT wrote: »
    Just caught up there this morning during work. Some great fights.

Cody & O'Malley with two absolute peach kos.

Not sure how I feel about the Apex cage as this goes on, I liked the regular sized ones that they had for the Florida events.

One things for sure, I much rather the events without the crowd.

MMA and Darts are probably unique in that they draw sizeable crowds of people who have more interest in singing and getting drunk than they do in watching the action.
    More prevalent in those two sports than others.

Much prefer watching it without them, they don't add to the occasion as they do in other sports, they are just a distraction.

I have to agree. Particularly the American crowd anyway. I don't miss them being there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Hooper was disappointing, had nothing on the feet and looked too weak to take Bruce Leeroy to the ground. Still ridiculously young though so has tons of time to improve. Maybe a step too far too early.

O’Malley has looked spectacular since coming back, I see a lot of similarities to Conor is his style as well. Has to have a ranked opponent next.

Was expecting Sterling v Sandhagen to be class, disappointed we didn’t get to see them go at it for longer but great finish from Aljo. That should have been the title fight in my opinion.

Amazing ko from Cody and he’s right back in the picture now. Looked very sharp and fast. Bantamweight is the most stacked division right now.

Nunes was in a different league to Spencer. There is nobody left to fight for her at 145 and no real challenger at 135 either. Spencer is unbelievably tough but that’s 10 rounds of being a punching bag for Cyborg and Nunes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Have to feel bad for Spencer. She's tough and Nunes is next level altogether, but man did it make her look bad out there.

Advertisement