Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Biscuits ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Fig Rolls. By Jacobs. There is another one I get from time to time in a local centra. Can't think of the name at the moment but they are premium macaroons type biscuits.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Garibaldi

But where?

I loved Garibaldi, but I haven't seen them in the shops for years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

I have to tell you all, these are the business, you would eat the entire pack in one sitting mind you easily, Like a biscuit, wafer, chocolate and nutella all in one,
    5099839310478_3.JPG

East Coast Bakery - any of theirs. Newish to the market but absolutely lovely

One of the great joys of going to France...

Prince%20pack.png

• Advertisement

Does Faith's Caramel Squares count? I am always making them from that recipe for myself and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I’d chance a bet that if you spilled out a packet of Jaffa cakes on the ground, the crows wouldn’t bother eating them.
    You might get one of them old street pigeons with the bad feet on them,having a sneaky old peck at the base of a few of them at that manky old brown sponge but that’s all.
    You’d be depending on ants to get rid of the rest.
    Spill out a rich tea or a digestive biscuit packet however and you’d have to run for cover with the stampede it would cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Rawr

947570591.jpg

These are what will eventually kill me. Forget all of those other drugs...I'll OD on these things one day trying to stuff too many of them down my throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DaDoRonRonRon

Fig Rolls....and I care not a fig how they got them in there

The dunnes stores simply better chocolate chip cookies are amazing if you can get them, they are sold out more often than not. Bourbon creams are also really good, cheaper own brand ones are best avoided though.

• Advertisement

I think I have located some Garibaldi biscuits (Tesco own brand), so will shoot down to Tesco later and see if they actually have them :)

Haven't seen or eaten them for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Daithi101

Omackeral wrote: »
    Favorite crisps, favorite bars and now favorite biscuits. I feel like someone should do a few tournaments on these. Could be good.

Yea - maybe someone could organise it. Probably be more interesting than that favourite flag tournament floating around at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 13,338 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Does anyone remember Boasters? I don't think you can get them anymore, but I loved the things. a +1 for Toffeepops.

Picture of Viscounts packet

Reminds me of this.

A very minty biscuit.

Fig Rolls....and I care not a fig how they got them in there

It's AI; and I don't mean Artificial Intelligence..

East Coast Bakery - any of theirs. Newish to the market but absolutely lovely

Also brilliant in any cheesecake base. Yum

*not a shareholder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

This one seems to split the biscuit community, you either love them or you loathe them it seems. Personally, I like them and there are many flavours to choose from, including some creative recipes. I only wish we had all of the Oreo flavours available in the US.

In saying that, a Golden Oreo is no match for the humble Custard Cream

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a biscuit community?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

biko wrote: »
    There is a biscuit community?

Soggy biscuit community more like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

They're rotten. Yank biscuit that for some reason are everywhere now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Best thing to do with Oreo's is to make Oreo truffles (Difficulty level 2/10).

2 packets into a blender, and blend the sh1t out of them, then pour into mixing bowl.
    Add in a small (187g) pack of Original Philadelphia cream cheese and mix well.
    Roll into ping pong sized balls (you should get about 16-20), then put in fridge for about 30 minutes.
    melt some chocolate of your choice (cooking milk or white chocolate from Tesco works best).
    using cocktail sticks, stab the balls, and then dip them into the melted chocolate ensuring the chocolate covers all the ball.
    place back into the fridge for the chocolate to harden.
    eat them and get really fat.

oreo-balls-14.jpg

• Advertisement

Aldi own brand Milk Chocolate Digestives. Half the price & twice the taste of some big brand versions.

Keep them in the fridge for the ultimate experience, as they snap when you bite!

Yummy yummy...

Very moreish, could quite easily polish off five or six with a cuppa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I prefer Custard Creams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭mulbot

scoobydude wrote: »

Yea, odd and those Reese things too, along with plastic Hersheys. Bluurrrggghhh

The original ones are grand. I never buy them but there are more offensive biscuits around.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,170 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't (can't) eat chocolate or biscuits so I have no idea, but I was buying for biscuit eaters and bought some oreos, with other biscuits, as I was vaguely under the impression that they were popular. No one ate any of the oreos. Not one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

They are fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

scoobydude wrote: »

Owned by the same parent company as Cadbury’s, that is why they are everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

They're disgusting. The biscuit tastes like soot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Good old mondelez. Ruined Cadbury’s chocolate and do believe that Oreos used to taste different too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Oreos are like off-flavoured toothpaste covered in sawdust. So are custard creams.

Advertisement