Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dream home in Dublin 15??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

wandererz wrote: »
    Holy bejasus!

It turns out that my dream home actually exists in Dublin 15 of all places.

Just need a €2.3M mortgage.

https://touch.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-6-homeleigh-porterstown-castleknock-co-dublin/1157875

Sorry. That's mine.

It has been on and off the market for about two years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Something off about that property. House completed to a very high standard, but all interiors; couches, pictures, chains, seem to be cheaper than cheap both in cost and taste.

To me, looks like something a gangland type person would own.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The hall looks like an entrance to an office block rather than a family home. And you'd need binoculars to see the TVs they're so far away from all the seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 OneMoreBabadee

anewme wrote: »
    Something off about that property. House completed to a very high standard, but all interiors; couches, pictures, chains, seem to be cheaper than cheap both in cost and taste.

To me, looks like something a gangland type person would own.

Nope. The guy who owns it is a consultant for renewable energy projects in Africa. He plays golf in the Castleknock club beside the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

A cold soulless house,

Even if you had 10 kids it would still feel empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭wandererz

Nope. The guy who owns it is a consultant for renewable energy projects in Africa. He plays golf in the Castleknock club beside the hotel.

How do i apply for a similar job? (when Covid-19 is over)

As a matter of interest, how many other houses in the area have a basement swimming pool?

Something like this in London for example would be £10M, £20M, £30M or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

anewme wrote: »
    House completed to a very high standard,

It's a big house, with expensive windows and stone lobby.
    But I don't think it's a high standard at all. Especially interior. Very disjointed from a design POV.
    Kitchen looks like it came from their old house. Bathroom, bar, wardrobes very dated. In fact the whole house looks like they just stretched out a previous house. Which is why the rooms feel so hollow.

90s style with Celtic Tiger money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

If that's the actual furniture they used then God help them.

If not, it looks like someone went around à few second hand shops for any old stuff to pad the rooms out.

I kind of like the house. It's not the worse I've seen but not the best either. And location is blah. Imo.

Houses in Ireland don't get sold fully furnished AFAIK.
    So that needs to be budgeted for. As well as renovation costs for upgraded kitchen etc.

Another €300K - €500k should do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

It has a very corporate feel to it. Looks like the interior of an office rather than a family home

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It could be converted into a high end nursing home easily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Houses in Ireland don't get sold fully furnished AFAIK.
    So that needs to be budgeted for. As well as renovation costs for upgraded kitchen etc.

Another €300K - €500k should do the trick.

I'd ssume somebody dropping 2million on a house has their own furniture, and if not that are aware that they need to factor get it regardess

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Holy bejasus!

It turns out that my dream home actually exists in Dublin 15 of all places.

Just need a €2.3M mortgage.

https://touch.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-6-homeleigh-porterstown-castleknock-co-dublin/1157875

grim

Imagine the heating bill in winter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

If Celtic Tiger was a building... They've been trying to shift it for years. Here's a property section write up from October 2017. Columns imported from Egypt, 5 bedrooms over 8,000 square feet, and a bar taken from an establishment on Dame Street. I'm not surprised it hasn't sold, it represents a very, very niche type of taste for form over function. It's a real "Look at me" house that looks like it has very little comfort or warmth to it. There's pictures of bedrooms that look like they'd have echos.

The owner mentions he was influenced by so much time spent in hotels. That pretty much sums up the place... The Grand Hyatt Somewhereorother. Not home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

How can a pile of bricks that big only have 5 bedrooms? My entire house could probably fit in that ridiculous dual sided living room and I've got 4.

I'd be very uncomfortable in rooms that big, no cosiness at all. I'll pass :D

I could see conor mcgregor living there.

Not a decent TV in the place either.

Zaph wrote: »
    The hall looks like an entrance to an office block rather than a family home. And you'd need binoculars to see the TVs they're so far away from all the seating.

Fine so- I’ll take it :P

It’s actually not a bad price- I’d say quality throughout is top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Have a look in Dalkey, Killiney and surrounds. ( I know your post was tongue in cheek BTW).

Nothing wrong with D15, there are pockets that are absolutely lovely. But re bang for your buck..... need to go South by the sea!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭RoryMac

If you stand on your tippytoes in the attic

But yeah that's a much nicer home

You're right. Turns out he was the club captain last year.

Great to have a natter about anything but the C thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What a monstrous gaff that is. I think it has been on the market either continuously or frequently for the past 6 or 7 years. It is nothing more than a Celtic tiger w@nk, a venue, not a home. But if you like that atmosphere of suburban accounting firm office or cosy small airport terminal to live in, you'll probably get it for a song at the moment!

Would might a great "foreva home" for Jacinta and her 5 childer if the council bought it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The size of the rooms! There seems to be an awful lot of empty space everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The bar/games room looks like something you would see beside the reception of a 2 star Spanish hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Maybe the whole thing was modelled on a Holiday Inn they stayed at:
    g14-3093532.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Ah but Saval Park Road isn't a 5 minute drive from Krispy Kreme and Mr Price.

Advertisement