Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Day "Rappers"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

What about all the white Irish lads putting on London accents and dancing and singing sh*te like the boys in London.

And they all wear black tracksuits and the cap

Look at the state of these goons in the video here, putting on English accents

https://youtu.be/mjU5zpg1x6c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Oh yeah have you heard the song with Aitch “Top Boy” on Heavy is the Head? Class

Ah jaysus what age are you? It's all cringe and any Irish person listening to the boys in the "LDN streetz" would want their head checked

• Registered Users Posts: 40,243 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the only rap song worth listening to

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Like this Dublin lad.

https://youtu.be/LooSUMVM1FU

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Brendan Shine begorr had a rap song out many moons ago (i kid you not)

Rinka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Ush1 wrote: »
    Like this Dublin lad.

Couple legit lads in the comments with the seal of approval :cool: we’re goin places. 2020 ya don’t stop hyea boiiiii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shormzy is grime, not rap.

34aua.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

fryup wrote: »
    Brendan Shine begorr had a rap song out many moons ago (i kid you not)

Rinka

That's hardcore west coast gangsta **** right there.

🙈🙉🙊

^^^^^^^^^^

yes, west....................of shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

"...soon as I step on the scene I'm hearing hoochies screaming...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Like this Dublin lad.

Rubbish.
    Proper 12? Bushmills cast - offs

all jokes aside this is *the original* and still the best all these years later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Both are unreal, no rap fan would utter such a statement.

They are utter crap rapping about the most vacuous things on Earth.

Titz an ass type braindead nonsense for the gormless masses.

Both degenerate cokeheads who never rapped about anything relevant ever.

K-Rino
    Vinne Paz is where its at

• Registered Users Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Have ye all forgotten Rap Against Rape?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Not a big fan of mumble rap but 6ix9ine and Chief Keef are great.

Good ****ing lord. Get out of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

They are utter crap rapping about the most vacuous things on Earth.

Titz an ass type braindead nonsense for the gormless masses.

Both degenerate cokeheads who never rapped about anything relevant ever.....

It's not always about the content.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

No doubt I'll be vilified by all the 'hard core' 'real rap' fans but serious props have to be given to Eminem imo.

60/70% of his music is pop crap, ok. But his lyrics are sick. His rhymes and transitions are better than the vast majority. His freestyle is wicked as well. He introduced a genre of music to a generation.

Is he the best ever? No. But just because he's had massive commercial success and is white, he shouldn't be written off.

I want to echo an earlier post about the UK rap scene. I watched the series on BBC(?) hosted by krept and konan trying to find the next great uk rapper. There was some serious talent on that show. F.O.S is very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can anyone explain to me why rappers in recent years are destroying their faces with tattoos and giving themselves ridiculous names like Lil XxxGeebagxXX and PcPBraindeadXX? The quality of their "music" is appalling also. It's like most of them have sub par IQs yet many of them end up being worth millions.

The whole Rap scene is totally gone to the dogs since the days of Dre, 2Pac etc

Another old man ranting about stuff he’s been out of touch with for 20 years. Start with To Pimp a Butterfly, by Kendrick Lamar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

All I want to do is do it do it big girls big girls. 20 years old this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

khaldrogo wrote: »
    No doubt I'll be vilified by all the 'hard core' 'real rap' fans but serious props have to be given to Eminem imo.

60/70% of his music is pop crap, ok. But his lyrics are sick. His rhymes and transitions are better than the vast majority. His freestyle is wicked as well. He introduced a genre of music to a generation.

Is he the best ever? No. But just because he's had massive commercial success and is white, he shouldn't be written off.

That dude can rap, and his free style is disgustingly good. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

This is most unusual because usually the previous generation love the music the newer generation listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

nowadayseverybodywannatalkliketheygotsomethingtosay
    butnothingcomesoutwhentheymovetheirlipsjustabunchofgibberish
    themotherfúckersactliketheyforgotaboutrape

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The Rappers now a days use auto tune. It sounds horrendous.

khaldrogo wrote: »

I want to echo an earlier post about the UK rap scene. I watched the series on BBC(?) hosted by krept and konan trying to find the next great uk rapper. There was some serious talent on that show. F.O.S is very very good.

Eminem is the best ever. Closely followed by Biggie, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, Nas, Jay-Z.

Rodin wrote: »
    Rubbish.
    Proper 12? Bushmills cast - offs

Yeah I don't think the lads are whiskey connoisseurs. Did you like the song though? Cos I did.

Good ****ing lord. Get out of this thread.

6ix9ine is so good he could get away without writing any of his rhymes. His cadence and energy are unique.

Admired artistically by most of his peers including the likes of Kanye West but sure what would they know.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Couple legit lads in the comments with the seal of approval :cool: we’re goin places. 2020 ya don’t stop hyea boiiiii

Good to hear him and Versatile with Dublin accents in their songs rather than some put on London sh*te.

yes, but thanks for reminding me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

If there's one thing I could never stand is Brits attempting hip hop, shudder.
    Anyway OP look in the mirror, you're just old now, it's you, not the music.

Advertisement