Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Dudes in these parts have very long memories......very very long !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sideboard wrote: »
    ...and this, from our (respected) 'serious scrutineer' :D:D...

As my post outlining the parameters to trigger ‘serious scrutiny’ advises the reader,it’s quite obvious these conditions have not been reached, hence ‘serious scrutiny’ from this respected subscriber has not kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭bobbyss

It's his accent. I can only tolerate five minutes then I am off. 'Now like we'll have a look at da papers by?'
    Why is he using an upward intonation like American teenagers? He's a bit old for all that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

bobbyss wrote: »
    It's his accent. I can only tolerate five minutes then I am off. 'Now like we'll have a look at da papers by?'
    Why is he using an upward intonation like American teenagers? He's a bit old for all that stuff.

That affected intonation isn't confined to O'Connor, Matt Cooper and Mary Wilson are similar graduates of that course.

Cooper has bigger diction issues than that.

Stick to print Matt.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Cooper has bigger diction issues than that.

Stick to print Matt.......
    Brendan I suspect you are still walking around the garden ,as you have doing for years..try talking to the neighbours this time..really Brendan O Connor or other radio broadcasters are not your problem . Go figure

southstar wrote: »
    Brendan I suspect you are still walking around the garden ,as you have doing for years..try talking to the neighbours this time..really Brendan O Connor or other radio broadcasters are not your problem . Go figure

Southy, you got me there.

Have no clue what ‘point’ you are trying to make.

Do try to tell us.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Southy, you got me there.

Have no clue what ‘point’ you are trying to make.

Do try to tell us.

To tell US ...who would us be Brendan...assorted obsessive crackpots., .,God bless ye though

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideboard

Was pottering around the gaff this am, half listening, as you do.

Heavy droning in the background, eventually wondered if the fcuker next door was
    cutting the back lawn again
    , and the ride on was a bit ‘off’.

Maybe you are just too lazy to check back on your own (recent) posts or you're exhibiting the 'goldfish-in-a-bowl' syndrome? I took it that southstar was referring to the above quote...

Jesus has wept enough methinks....

sideboard wrote: »
    Maybe you are just too lazy to check back on your own (recent) posts or you're exhibiting the 'goldfish-in-a-bowl' syndrome? I took it that southstar was referring to the above quote...

Jesus has wept enough methinks....

No idea what your ‘point’ is buddy.

No idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

That Marie Louise o Donnell is a pure dose. Dos she ever listen back to herself I wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

That Marie Louise o Donnell is a pure dose. Dos she ever listen back to herself I wonder

Fits in well with the general dowdy tone of Brendan's style. What's his wheeze this morning - the kids mental health will be irrevocably damaged by not being in school?? What an absolute load of mumbo jumbo rubbish. Who gave him that line - the teaching unions?

This show needs rotation of presenters, put Brendan on for a week or two but ring the changes then. Otherwise he'll have the listeners in a coma.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Ballsy sounds like a man desperately trying to NOT talk in a whiney Cork accent....but largely failing to achieve.

Agree with the rotation of presenters ..that guy Cormac O Hara who does the lunchtime bit after Ballsy is finished always impresses me ...like to see him getting a stint ....

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

BarryD2 wrote: »
    What's his wheeze this morning - the kids mental health will be irrevocably damaged by not being in school?? What an absolute load of mumbo jumbo rubbish.
    This. I've never heard such nonsense.

And the end of the Dee Laffan Restaurant section was absolutely cringe

Dee:"and I'll post those recommendations up on my social media, on Instagram deelaffan..."
    *Brennan cuts straight across*
    Brennan:"well that will also be up on the RTE website because we want that traffic too"

He actually said "we want that traffic too"

It really was absolutely tactless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

"Moaning about their commute is all part of life." I dont know who that contributor is but she says this as if it's a good thing. The point being made is about the benefits of being flexible, you can still have your office but there's no reason to be chained to it 40 hours a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"Moaning about their commute is all part of life." I dont know who that contributor is but she says this as if it's a good thing.

Yeah I don't think today was the right day to bring in Stephanie Preisner. She has struggled with the topics they have covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

That Stephanie one is truly insufferable

Ballsy sounds like a man desperately trying to NOT talk in a whiney Cork accent....but largely failing to achieve.

Agree with the rotation of presenters ..that guy Cormac O Hara who does the lunchtime bit after Ballsy is finished always impresses me ...like to see him getting a stint ....

His left wing bias would ruin the show

"I dont know why im contributing to this section because i have nothing to contribute..."

At least she's honest anyway. Two minutes on she's still "contributing" though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mad_maxx wrote: »

My god...really nauseating. Never warmed to her, and this morning she really is cementing that...a fooking chancer if you ask me.

• Advertisement

His left wing bias would ruin the show

It's incredible listening to Brendan this morning though. He used to be the man making the controversial and unpopular opinions. Now he is playing goalkeeper on RTE's Sunday team.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,993 ✭✭✭✭zell12

"Well we don't know"
    "They are not here to defend themselves"

Ballsy terrified of being sued

They need to change that RTE ad for COVID.

"COVID 19 is a major emergency in Ireland. Unless you have a strong yearning for a strawberry"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

she's good looking though, so thats a pass from me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

fryup wrote: »

Not getting it...

Lost 150 + lbs a few years back...

Not very familiar with her and dont think I've seen her but the host seemed to make a big deal of her youth, as if she was merely representing the Instagram generation. Sounded patronising but then she did come across as being well out of her depth on nearly all the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Yeah I don't think today was the right day to bring in Stephanie Preisner. She has struggled with the topics they have covered.

I won't comment because "I don't know the difference between public and private" sez she

It's incredible listening to Brendan this morning though. He used to be the man making the controversial and unpopular opinions. Now he is playing goalkeeper on RTE's Sunday team.

O Connor had his teeth pulled several years ago, to think he was once sort of edgy

fryup wrote: »

She's alright, nothing special

Better looking in any crap disco in provincial Ireland on a Saturday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

They need to change that RTE ad for COVID.

"COVID 19 is a major emergency in Ireland. Unless you have a strong yearning for a strawberry"

I like strawberries !

Advertisement