Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Releases 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Think a 2020 Release thread might be needed, wonder who else will get the dreaded phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,681 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Think a 2020 Release thread might be needed, wonder who else will get the dreaded phone call.

Well as I said if a current WWE wrestler sees a (203) number then it's not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Aw, Heath Slater too. I liked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

BREAKING: WWE has come to terms on the release of Drake Maverick (James Curtin), Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers), Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra), EC3 (Michael Hutter) and Lio Rush (Lionel Green). We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Aw, Heath Slater too. I liked him.

And it seems being injured which would normally save you isn't going to as EC3 had been out with concusssion and he's been cut. I hope I'm wrong but I think we might see some very surprising names cut.

• Advertisement

Eric Young
    Heath Slater also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Can see the lads going back to Japan, Karl Anderson in particular was wasted in WWE. Can't see EC3 going to AEW, they've already got MJF for that role. Wonder what the craic with AJ going forward will be without Gallows & Anderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Eric Young
    Heath Slater also

Ah no. Not Heath. Not Heath.

Although.... The other 2 went away and gained several pounds of muscle before winning it big.... So, you're saying there's a chance?

I’ve just made one.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058070438

Shane Helms tweeted “I knew I shouldn’t have answered that call” so him too perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Seem to remember Karl Anderson was on a pretty good wedge. Feel bad for him getting sacked from a pay day like that. I'm sure the Bucks would like him in AEW just to have their mate around

• Advertisement

So I count eight cut so far. What's the record for cuts by WWE ?

cian68 wrote: »
    Seem to remember Karl Anderson was on a pretty good wedge. Feel bad for him getting sacked from a pay day like that. I'm sure the Bucks would like him in AEW just to have their mate around

I can see Gallows and Anderson joining up with The Young Bucks again when this all blows over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Stuff moved from news thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭ThePott

I always though Heath was one of those who would have a job for life. All main roster guys so far think this is just the beginning as they get down the list to 205, NXT and NXT UK :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60,450 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Irish should be safe enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hurricane and lance storm gone as agents too

Finlay and irs too

Finlay, Mike Rotunda (IRS), Lance Storm and Hurricane are also gone as producers.

So 10 gone so far, what are the odds that we MIGHT POSSIBLY see some bigger names chopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

No, not the Hurricane!

Supposedly IRS was on the bump today and then got released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So 10 gone so far, what are the odds that we MIGHT POSSIBLY see some bigger names chopped.

Zero chance of any big names, in my opinion. They're not gonna hand AEW another person of Moxley's stature.

It'll be a load of a lower-card guys and girls.

Nothing is impossible today. Also didn't lance storm close his wrestling school in canada to take the job with WWE recently ? Jesus WWE is giving zero ****s today.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,450 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Daniel Bryan's contract is ending this year and he has hinted that he will retire or go part time so he could be the big name.

Rey has an out on his contract this year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,044 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Finlay gone is a big shock, very welll respected backstage in his role

Was expecting he was going to get a docunmentary on the Network possibly after NXT UK Dublin but not to be

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Nothing is impossible today. Also didn't lance storm close his wrestling school in canada to take the job with WWE recently ? Jesus WWE is giving zero ****s today.

I think you might be right about Storm, either closed his wrestling school or sold it off...

Session Moth Martina put is best on Twitter..

https://twitter.com/mothfromdaflats/status/1250486009508302851
    Today is an ugly ugly day

Billy Kidman, Pat Buck, Shawn Daivari, Scott Armstrong and Sarah Stock also gone as producers.
    Seems this is coming in waves, department by department so we may be done with main roster cuts possibly.

Batista going to have to find another person to be his inductee at the HOF later this year.

Holy crap Kurt angle released from agent role

Kurt Angle gone too.

• Advertisement

I think you might be right about Storm, either closed his wrestling school or sold it off...

Session Moth Martina put is best on Twitter..

https://twitter.com/mothfromdaflats/status/1250486009508302851

Yep not a good day in pro wrestling land.

Advertisement