Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder for Boreds

Options

Comments

KiKi III wrote: »
    I think this is a pretty harsh response.

I’ve had a similar experience the other way around. It’s not universally true that men prefer slim, conventionally attractive women, but it’s true a lot of the time m.

He's not saying some women some of the time though. He's coming across like an incel.

He's back again with his sweeping statements. Face it Toby, your attitude is the problem. That's your 'cover', that's what you're putting out there. You're talking about women like we have one f*cking mind. You're saying we're not capable of seeing past the outer layer of anyone. Could you be more patronising? I think you'll find that all sorts of different women are attracted to all sorts of different men and if you're not managing to get any it's a reflection on you, not ALL women.

You sound like a child to be honest. This sort of poor me attitude shines brighter than any 'glossy magazine cover' and most women will see through you very quickly. Keep telling yourself your the good guy but your coming across right now like anything but.

I wasn't going to bother because I'm tired of boards and most of its inhabitants but would you like a cup of tea and a biscuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I wasn't going to bother because I'm tired of boards and most of its inhabitants but would you like a cup of tea and a biscuit?

I’m glad you’re here! Hope you’re keeping well.

:D No, thank you.

I’m glad you’re here! Hope you’re keeping well.

:) Aww thanks Kiki. You too x

• Advertisement

:D No, thank you.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Slim shady is back !!

Well...his older sister Fat Shady

He's not saying some women some of the time though. He's coming across like an incel.

That’s not the vibe I got.

I am sure he doesn’t mean 100% of women always do this, like myself he’s describing the reality of his own experiences.

But we do have it easier when it comes to getting the ride, that's for sure.
    I am sure he doesn’t mean 100% of women always do this, like myself he’s describing the reality of his own experiences.

You're rather fond of contradictions, not the most charming attribute you possess.

Slim shady is back !!

Well...his older sister Fat Shady

Feck off! I'm gone again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

I was going to start a new thread for this but let's just keep it going here: What's the number one tip you would give members of the opposite sex who struggle with dating?

And let's try to keep it fairly positive?

Number one tip for women. Keep up group hobbies you like but *also* that you think a man might be interested in.

You are highly unlikely to meet a man at Pilates/Knitting Circle/Girlie Book Club!

You're rather fond of contradictions, not the most charming attribute you possess.

I’m a medley of contradictions Bertie, like most of us humans, although I’m not sure what you’re alluding to here.

I’m describing reality as I experience it, Toby is describing his. I wouldn’t expect that we’d have the same version of reality.

Number one tip for women. Keep up group hobbies you like but *also* that you think a man might be interested in.

You are highly unlikely to meet a man at Pilates/Knitting Circle/Girlie Book Club!

Good tip. I’d be interested in what hobbies you think fit in here (ideally that aren’t sports)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You wouldn't meet me in any of those places either, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Good tip. I’d be interested in what hobbies you think fit in here (ideally that aren’t sports)

Swinging clubs?

NSAman wrote: »
    Swinging clubs?

Username checks out ;)

I’m a medley of contradictions Bertie, like most of us humans, although I’m not sure what you’re alluding to here.

I’m describing reality as I experience it, Toby is describing his. I wouldn’t expect that we’d have the same version of reality.

It can't be straightforward back-pedaling past moving goalposts. One minute you're speaking for all women ("we" do have it easier), the next you're fobbing it off as subjective experience. You would be minced in a real debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

How has your experience of online dating been by comparison?

I came across this the other day on youtube. hits the nail on the head! this guy has made a career from online dating advice. Its frustrating for both sexes, watch this.... When you watch this, at least it starts to explain the issues with online dating. Depending on your age and location, probably far better off on bumble, hinge etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKd0yFOtqFc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Username checks out ;)

No sugar allowed....sheezzz I see where your mind is..;)

Not sports - I think you're talking mostly night classes; business / IT / Guitar / Language / First aid or a mixed choir if you sing. Maybe drama or improv but men can be scarce on the ground there!

There are "light" sports - snooker club / GAA/Football supporters club / social running clubs

Then you have "real" sports - triathlon/cycling/tennis/golf/tag rugby etc... if you're going to the trouble here make sure they have a social scene - check facebook!!

Men my age are told to go social dancing (jive) to meet women - haven't tried but it might be worth it.

There you go now! I should get an invite to the wedding now for all that :D

Edit: Add cooking class to the list. I think there's a place in Dublin that does cooking for singles...

• Advertisement

It can't be easy back-pedaling past moving goalposts. One minute you're speaking for all women, the next you're fobbing it off as subjective experience. You would be minced in a real debate.

This is a casual, late night chat on a forum - not a hardcore debate that anyone should be getting minced in?

I know I don’t speak for all women; as you pointed out I was generalising. It’s a broad set of opinions based on my own 31 years of being a woman along with the experiences of my friends.

Why are you trying so hard to prove me wrong on such an inconsequential thread? Thought we were going to keep it light - though you did object to that suggestion too.

Not sports - I think you're talking mostly night classes; business / IT / Guitar / Language / First aid or a mixed choir if you sing. Maybe drama or improv but men can be scarce on the ground there!

There are "light" sports - snooker club / GAA/Football supporters club / social running clubs

Then you have "real" sports - triathlon/cycling/tennis/golf/tag rugby etc... if you're going to the trouble here make sure they have a social scene - check facebook!!

Men my age are told to go social dancing (jive) to meet women - haven't tried but it might be worth it.

There you go now! I should get an invite to the wedding now for all that :D
    Also there is crossfit.....i heard it has a v.strong social element to it

• Registered Users Posts: 35,831 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He's back again with his sweeping statements. Face it Toby, your attitude is the problem. That's your 'cover', that's what you're putting out there. You're talking about women like we have one f*cking mind. You're saying we're not capable of seeing past the outer layer of anyone. Could you be more patronising? I think you'll find that all sorts of different women are attracted to all sorts of different men and if you're not managing to get any it's a reflection on you, not ALL women.

You sound like a child to be honest. This sort of poor me attitude shines brighter than any 'glossy magazine cover' and most women will see through you very quickly. Keep telling yourself your the good guy but your coming across right now like anything but.

Shut up and kiss me . lol

Also there is crossfit.....i heard it has a v.strong social element to it

CrossFit is responsible for the breakdown of more than a few marriages if the rumours be true.

I’d be far too unfit for the likes of that for the moment anyway.

Thought we were going to keep it light - though you did object to that suggestion too.

First of all you don't get to dictate the tone of this thread. Fairly obvious I know, but bears repeating for reality to gradually sink in. Second, have fun finding that quote where I "objected". Unless you wish to twist words I never said. Third, you are hopelessly out of your depth.

Lucky the man that lands you, he'll have the finished article :o

Ah Bertie, "sometimes you gotta let go"

First of all you don't get to dictate the tone of this thread. Fairly obvious I know, but bears repeating for reality to gradually sink in. Second, have fun finding that quote where I "objected". Third, you are hopelessly out of your depth.

Lucky the man that lands you, he'll have the finished article :o

Okay well I’m going to continue keeping it light and you can continue being grumpy and then we both get our way?

It’s gas how you think me saying “let’s keep it positive” is so offensive.

I’m off to bed shortly now anyway- just finishing my cuppa tae.

Okay well I’m going to continue keeping it light and you can continue being grumpy and then we both get our way?

It’s gas how you think me saying “let’s keep it positive” is so offensive.

I’m off to bed shortly now anyway- just finishing my cuppa tae.

This is verging on tragic, you couldn't dig up anything where I "objected" and now you hallucinate my thought process. Might be for your own good to retire while knee deep in it, before the quicksand of your own bone idle speculation consumes you whole. I'm perfectly content by the way, simply deconstructing your nonsense. And if I'm being wholly honest, finding your toys flung out of sandbox routine "lightly" amusing. Have at it.

Shut up and kiss me . lol

Lol Absolutely!

Only if you look like this though obviously...

509363.jpeg

• Advertisement

This is verging on tragic, you couldn't dig up anything where I "objected" and now you hallucinate my thought process. Might be for your own good to retire while knee deep in it, before the quicksand of your own bone idle speculation consumes you whole. I'm perfectly content by the way, simply deconstructing your nonsense. And if I'm being wholly honest, finding your toys flung out of sandbox routine "lightly" amusing. Have at it.

Sleep well, Bertie.

Advertisement