Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrities you hate but didn't always dislike

Options
  • 09-04-2020 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭

Has to be Conor McGregor for me; I think he's cocky and arrogant but he didn't always seem that way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,349 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mine is Ryan Tubridy when I was younger and he had his Saturday night show I didn't think he was the worst but now I can't stand him.
    He just loves a depressing story and milking it, along with his poor interviewing skills and this prim and proper image he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭She is d.i.s.c.o

Hate is a strong word but Charlton Heston and Kelsey Grammer. Liked their films/tv shows but saw a few things where they were too vocal on their politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Used to love Gary Lineker but then he political.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I wouldn't say hate, that'd be far too strong, but I'd have no interest at all in watching a new Will Smith movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭roady rhodes

Ultimate Warrior hands down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Jerry Seinfield
    Jonathon Ross
    Rocky Gervais

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Ihavetheaids

Has to be Conor McGregor for me; I think he's cocky and arrogant but he didn't always seem that way.

I grew up in the same estate as him , he was a bully to pretty much anyone smaller than him and at 5 ‘ 6 and maybe 120 pounds at 16 I was a target , he genuinely was never a nice person. he was big into drugs at that time too. Believe me or don’t believe me a lot don’t but that’s my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Hate is too strong a word. Immensely dislike - in alphabetical order by first name:

1. Ray D'arcy.

That is all.

Hector Ó hEochagáin. Hate doesn't enter into it, just find him irritating. His travel show 'Amú' on TG4 back in the day was great lark in its ramshackle approach, relying mostly on the the force of his personality. With acclaim grew exposure, and soon Hector was everywhere. His manic energy began to grate as the charm wore off. I can only tolerate him nowadays in very small doses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Liam Cunningham. Turned into a moral, virtual signalling celebrity bore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Most of them. I never want to see another celebrity again after all of this is over. I’ve always felt it but it has really brought to the forefront how vacuous, superficial and out of touch they all are. They’re all coming out of the woodwork now with corona on the loose trying to appear all humble and humerus but please crawl back into the hole you came out of nobody gives a shlt about how a multi millionaire living in a mansion is finding this hard.

Berties Horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Bob Geldof.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Has to be Conor McGregor for me;

No doubt.... anyone who hits an auld fella sitting at the bar is, and always will be, utter scum.

No problem believing he was scum to start with and is now only scum with money.

They’re all coming out of the woodwork now with corona on the loose trying to appear all humble and humerus

Gal Gadot just needs a leg up.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

Belinda Carslile. To this day I have no idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Be right back

Meryl Streep. Used to think she was a good actress but now. Was too pally with Harvey not to know what he was doing.

Gal Gadot just needs a leg up.

Anyone in the Imagine video.

statesaver wrote: »
    Liam Cunningham. Turned into a moral, virtual signalling celebrity bore.

He did come from a poor tenement background, so you do get a lot of labour/lefties from that background.

I remember listening to a podcast where Eamonn Dunphy interviewed him.

But yeah, at a certain point, celebrities get a bit ashamed of their status or in America can use charity as a tax write-off, and push it too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Brendan Gleeson, Patrick Bergin, Bono, Bob Geldof,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭ratracer

Hate is too strong a word. Immensely dislike - in alphabetical order by first name:

1. Ray D'arcy.

That is all.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

A completely boring, irrelevant fart who loves to pontificate to all!!

Gay Byrne used to be an old boring presenter, but as soon as he got involved in the road safety gig he was anti-drivers.
    He's gone now, but God knows why he was considered qualified for that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

1. Ray D'arcy.

That is all.

He was great on the Den but I can't stand him anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Jim Carrey, always loved him till i saw the Netflix doc about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Most of them. I never want to see another celebrity again after all of this is over. I’ve always felt it but it has really brought to the forefront how vacuous, superficial and out of touch they all are. They’re all coming out of the woodwork now with corona on the loose trying to appear all humble and humerus but please crawl back into the hole you came out of nobody gives a shlt about how a multi millionaire living in a mansion is finding this hard.

The imagine video all those self isolated celebrities sung together via video link was very condescending and I was thinking the exact same as you after watching it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I thought Ewan McGregor was OK until I heard about what he got up to with Mary Elizabeth Winstead on the set of Fargo (the TV series), with his wife and kids at home. Turns out he wasn't just acting in that series.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Rothko wrote: »
    He was great on the Den but I can't stand him anymore.

I heard him today talking about joggers and covid 19, the way he was going on, like he was saying something very important and profound, he just said most joggers are good people as it is something easy going people like to do (he is a jogger by the way)

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Jim Carrey, always loved him till i saw the Netflix doc about him.

I didn't see that documentary but it's clear he had very bad publicity in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Kim K

She seemed sound in the video but is insufferable now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ray D'Arcy. At one stage he was probably the most popular man in the country. Around the time of 2002/3. When he was presenting Popstar or You're A Star or whatever it was called. Everyone loved Ray. You either liked him from back in the day on the Den or thought he was charming enough presenting the reality TV stuff. People liked him a lot. I don't know what happened to him, but he's become a sour faced barely competent pain in the arse, but it wasn't always like that.

Hector O' Hecvbdxighan - or whatever way you spell it - was alright when he first came on the scene, but, like everything, RTE pushed him down our throats until we were all sick of him. His persona worked well enough with what he was doing at the start, but it wore thin when it was popping up here there and everywhere.

Advertisement