Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk 20th March cough.

Options
  • 19-03-2020 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Run 3 lengths apart at all times?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

3 places in the 14.30 with the 3rd horse 12 to 1 and the 4 th 25 to 1,surely that warrants an each way on the 12 to 1.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Surely Sharjah is gonna win again soon
    Threw a right wedge on him last week and thought he was up at the line
    Always manages to find one too good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Caso romano is huge in the opener. He ran a nice race end 2018 on debut in a hot leopardstown maiden and ran a good race when punted at Galway when fifth having been caught further back than ideal. Quiet since but he ran a lot better than his finishing position suggests here last week when looking in need of the run. 40s huge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Caso romano is huge in the opener. He ran a nice race end 2018 on debut in a hot leopardstown maiden and ran a good race when punted at Galway when fifth having been caught further back than ideal. Quiet since but he ran a lot better than his finishing position suggests here last week when looking in need of the run. 40s huge

Lads would want to be quick. Blue all over got 30/1 4 places 1/4 365 , for the sweat.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Lads would want to be quick. Blue all over got 30/1 4 places 1/4 365 , for the sweat.

I had in my head before prices that I would back it at 16s. Hills went 33s first up and I thought that was a cock up, you can imagine my surprise when the rest went 40s! 365 went in 20s first.

I did a small e w double with Global Pass in the 3.30 who is seriously handicapped I thought he might be punted tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

No Sharjah tomorrow???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Very well handicapped horse. Had a good wedge on it in Galway. Big eyecatcher last week but wont be winning tomorrow. The dreaded bounce will take effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

3.30 Madamoiselle penny 10/1
    4.00 Guild 12/1
    4.30 Fit For Function 6/1
    5.00 Talking tough 14/1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

• Advertisement

Kauto wrote: »
    Very well handicapped horse. Had a good wedge on it in Galway. Big eyecatcher last week but wont be winning tomorrow. The dreaded bounce will take effect.

I hope youre wrong. Six months isn't an overly long spell out. I'd be more worried about that it I were on Sir Danilo

1.30 Reverberation 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

How are they generating SP at this? That first winner was “well backed”

eyes of the world on dundalk and denis hogan is still brazen enough to pull that ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

eyes of the world on dundalk and denis hogan is still brazen enough to pull that ****

I'd be a bigger defender of Irish racing and so called cheats than most but that was absolutely scandalous. He should be brought through the ringer for that. Absolute chunks of cash on the machine down right before the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Don't think he messed about anything, yuften is badly handicapped and is after going out of form where as tony the gent was coming into form and well handicapped.
    Only 10 pound in it after the winner's claim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

What did he do

Don't think he messed about anything, yuften is badly handicapped and is after going out of form where as tony the gent was coming into form and well handicapped.

yuften is not badly handicapped in a poxy 6 grand claimer

Was a blatant as you like. You could only laugh and knew by the betting it was going to happen.

He is a dirty little rodent, who the authorities in Britain have been trying to get for a while.

Out of form? He would win the poxy claimer on the bridle by 5L + if they wanted.

• Advertisement

They are handicapped on the price they are available to be purchased i know,so yuften had 17 pounds in hand on official handicap marks.
    Yuften shouldn't even be that high up the handicap which is what im saying.
    Tony the gent got a horror run early on the last day and should of won which would of put him up another 4 pounds.after jockeys claim would of only been 6 in it today.
    What did he do to yuften to make him run below par in you eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

They are handicapped on the price they are available to be purchased i know,so yuften had 17 pounds in hand on official handicap marks.
    Yuften shouldn't even be that high up the handicap which is what im saying.
    Tony the gent got a horror run early on the last day and should of won which would of put him up another 4 pounds.after jockeys claim would of only been 6 in it today.
    What did he do to yuften to make him run below par in you eyes.

so in short....you backed tony the gent and the boys backed yuften at 1/2 this morning and knew their fate before the off

Kauto wrote: »
    Out of form? He would win the poxy claimer on the bridle by 5L + if they wanted.

On what piece of recent form
    He Ran badly the last twice and started slowly the last day.
    If yas all thought he was a certainty yas may give up the game.
    Clearly tony the gent was always going to give him a race.

You can try and defend it all you want, you'll be a minority

akelly02 wrote: »
    so in short....you backed tony the gent and the boys backed yuften at 1/2 this morning and knew their fate before the off

It was ominous before the start alright.
    I didn't have much on tony the gent as anything can happen in claimers but after his run the last day i felt he was in good form where as i never rated yuften as hes very inconsistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

akelly02 wrote: »

I didn't back anyone but Ostrich definitely backed Tony The Gent and is trying to make himself feel good about the fact that he is a judge. When nobody in their sane mind knows what Denis Hogan is up to most of the time not even Denis. He is an absolute gangster and there is no defending that ****e.

It also helps that Yuften was absolutely buried out the back and the Doyle only went for his stick once the winner was away and gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Anyone who thinks they can make a profit backing claimers without some serious info is looking for trouble.

There is nothing to see here... now please move on.

These lads are just trying to scrape a living in hard times:P.

I wouldn't back anything in a claimer and especially a Hogan horse but as you asked.

Yuften ran well off 93 only beaten 4L in a good handicap two starts ago.

Dint run great last time off 92 in similar handicap but still better than anything Tony the Gent did.

Tony the Gent beaten 2 runs ago off 78 in a far worse race than either of Yuftens races.

If it were a handicap Tony the gent would have been getting a futher 10 pounds after Sheridans claim is taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

That was as bent as it gets left yuften out the back then flew home for the 1-2 after the winner was gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

BoldReason wrote: »
    I'd be a bigger defender of Irish racing and so called cheats than most but that was absolutely scandalous. He should be brought through the ringer for that. Absolute chunks of cash on the machine down right before the off.

This is why Irish racing is laughed at in England

Advertisement