Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair flight to Spain NOT cancelled but country is on lockdown

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mine just went through too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Still no cancellation about my flight to Dublin tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭PGE1970

My Ryanair flight to Lanzarote still going out in less than 24 hours :eek:

When I try to re-book, I can't process the application either.

The Aer Lingus leg of the journey was sorted out days ago. Flight cancelled and refund paid.

At the moment, my flight is leaving to a locked down country, I cant get a refund and I cant change my flight.

But I can still book a flight with Ryanair to Lanzarote tomorrow and they will still take my money. Instantly.

Yes, my heart bleeds for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭josip

rx8 wrote: »
    I finally got the email that the flight was cancelled last night. Tried to get the refund and got the same, Invalid flight number.... just tried again now, at 4.55am and it went through no bother. Obviously the server can only deal with a tiny amount of traffic. Says the refund will take up to 7 days. Now we wait.

"The server".
    Do people really think that RyanAir have a clapped out V240 with a couple of UltraSparc CPUs hammering away somewhere in a cupboard in Swords?
    They have top end cloud infrastructure that can dynamically scale with demand.
    Has anyone ever gotten an "unable to generate reservation number" error when PURCHASING flights during the day?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

josip wrote: »
    "The server".
    Do people really think that RyanAir have a clapped out V240 with a couple of UltraSparc CPUs hammering away somewhere in a cupboard in Swords?
    They have top end cloud infrastructure that can dynamically scale with demand.
    Has anyone ever gotten an "unable to generate reservation number" error when PURCHASING flights during the day?

No, but I am sure it is set up to take lots of bookings. It would never have been set up to deal with more cancellations than bookings.

Between 3am or 5am seems to be the best time at the moment, if you actually want a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

PGE1970 wrote: »
    My Ryanair flight to Lanzarote still going out in less than 24 hours :eek:

When I try to re-book, I can't process the application either.

The Aer Lingus leg of the journey was sorted out days ago. Flight cancelled and refund paid.

At the moment, my flight is leaving to a locked down country, I cant get a refund and I cant change my flight.

But I can still book a flight with Ryanair to Lanzarote tomorrow and they will still take my money. Instantly.

Yes, my heart bleeds for them.

If your flight goes ahead you are not entitled to a refund.

easypazz wrote: »

I am aware of that and in ordinary times, I would agree with you.

But I am invited to change the flight but I cant do that either.

The issue of the flight leaving at all when the destination country is in lockdown and our own government advises against all but essential travel is a separate issue.

I'm not sure how responsible that is of Ryanair?

PGE1970 wrote: »
    I am aware of that and in ordinary times, I would agree with you.

But I am invited to change the flight but I cant do that either.

The issue of the flight leaving at all when the destination country is in lockdown and our own government advises against all but essential travel is a separate issue.

I'm not sure how responsible that is of Ryanair?

If that's the case then screenshots and / or a video as evidence is all you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

easypazz wrote:

I was due to fly to Paris yesterday with Ryanair. They emailed me to say my flight was cancelled and I would get a refund. 15 hours later they emailed again advising it was not cancelled.

Flight did fly as scheduled.

Obviously I didn't travel. I'm wondering because they initially advised me it was cancelled, would I have grounds for a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Do people seriously think Ryanair are having problems with their server? This is Ryanair we are talking about ffs. They'll make it hard as humanly possible to give people their money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Still having "Invalid Reservation Number", is this a common fault? Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

You are doing nothing wrong. Too many people are trying it at the one time. Set your alarm and try about 3.30am in the morning.
    Got mine through today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭rx8

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Do people seriously think Ryanair are having problems with their server? This is Ryanair we are talking about ffs. They'll make it hard as humanly possible to give people their money back.

It's not that I believe Ryanair has a small computer system, but obviously they want to try to hold on to your cash as long as possible. When their system is quiet at 3-5 am is when you need to go looking for your refund:D

theteal wrote: »
    Still no cancellation about my flight to Dublin tomorrow.

Whoop, just received cancellation notice. Took their bloody time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭rx8

theteal wrote: »
    Whoop, just received cancellation notice. Took their bloody time.

3am keyboard warrior now

rx8 wrote: »
    3am keyboard warrior now

Yup, I'm still taking my annual leave tomorrow so I'll have a late night of xbox and rum and I'll have a go at the site before bed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

My flight out is cancelled but my return flight isn't. If I can't go on the original they should be offering refunds on the full booking but they aren't obviously. Can't even get a the refund through, the captcha keeps reloading as if I'm doing it wrong. Considering attempting a chargeback with my card provider for the full booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

They really are not nice people, they know exactly what they are doing.

If after all this epidemic is fixed, and airlines are asking for handouts,, Ryanair should be excluded, and we should all ask our TD's not to help them at all.

satguy wrote: »
    They really are not nice people, they know exactly what they are doing.

If after all this epidemic is fixed, and airlines are asking for handouts,, Ryanair should be excluded, and we should all ask our TD's not to help them at all.

Excellent idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

are they only servicing essential travel and xpats abroad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭greep

2 days ago Ryanair cancelled one of my flights (on the 26th March).
    Flight on 19th March was still in schedule.
    Both flights were part of the same booking.

At that time, I tried to either get a refund or re-book, but both options were not working o their website... they brought me back to home page...

Today, after my initial flight (19th) departed (I think), I cannot see a refund or re-book option anymore (even though the return flight didn't not take place)...

I took screenshots & even short video of my screen to show that their links to refund or re-booking page were not working.
    I wonder it that could serve as an evidence if there were unwilling to refund the money....

I think by law, they should be obliged to either refund or send an equivalent Ryanair voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭elperello

greep wrote: »

At that time, I tried to either get a refund or re-book, but both options were not working o their website... they brought me back to home page...

Today, after my initial flight (19th) departed (I think), I cannot see a refund or re-book option anymore (even though the return flight didn't not take place)...

I took screenshots & even short video of my screen to show that their links to refund or re-booking page were not working.
    I wonder it that could serve as an evidence if there were unwilling to refund the money....

I think by law, they should be obliged to either refund or send an equivalent Ryanair voucher?

Hold on to your evidence.
    It may come down to the Small Claims Court when this is all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mattser

greep wrote: »

elperello wrote: »

Same as this. I realise they must be under pressure, but issue a message and let people know we will get to you eventually.

Otherwise they are acting the proverbial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Both my flights now cancelled. Screen recorded my futile efforts to apply for a refund via their website across several browsers. If they don't get their **** together I'll be doing a chargeback on the debit card I used to pay.

.G. wrote: »
    Both my flights now cancelled. Screen recorded my futile efforts to apply for a refund via their website across several browsers. If they don't get their **** together I'll be doing a chargeback on the debit card I used to pay.

If you are trying at this time of the day you've no chance as there are thousands trying at the same time. Middle of the night your best bet.

My flight going ahead to Lanzarote as planned in 11 hours.

To an island in lock-down.

I have spent 2 x 45 minute periods holding on Ryanair chat today and tried on several times to change flights.

But with no success. Have also sent 2 emails in the last few days also to let them know of my situation.

Its a shocking system they use. However, at lunchtime today, you could still book a seat on my flight (almost full!!) and they would take your money. Immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭josip

elperello wrote: »

It never actually gets to the Small Claims Court.
    A good few years ago, 4 friends of mine took them to the Small Claims court because they incorrectly denied them boarding based on a travel visa, resulting in them missing out on a week's holiday.

Ryanair refused to admit their mistake and wouldn't even refund the flight part so they took a small claims case.
    Zero engagement from Ryanair for months until the day before the case, they got a call from a solicitor representing them, who said that Ryanair would be settling in full including the cost of the accommodation and everything they had booked during the week.
    Courier delivered payment that same day.
    Ryanair always wait to see if you'll blink first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭elperello

josip wrote: »
    It never actually gets to the Small Claims Court.
    A good few years ago, 4 friends of mine took them to the Small Claims court because they incorrectly denied them boarding based on a travel visa, resulting in them missing out on a week's holiday.

Ryanair refused to admit their mistake and wouldn't even refund the flight part so they took a small claims case.
    Zero engagement from Ryanair for months until the day before the case, they got a call from a solicitor representing them, who said that Ryanair would be settling in full including the cost of the accommodation and everything they had booked during the week.
    Courier delivered payment that same day.
    Ryanair always wait to see if you'll blink first.

Good result.

SCC was the instrument though.

Listen up folks these jokers don't have it all their own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭firemansam4

I know people will defend Ryanair because of the situation we are in and the fact they have always provided low cost travel.

But they are really taking the piss now with what they are at, they should be allowing people the option to cancel and refund or to move flights. They don't even have to process the refund now if they are back logged, just an acknowledgement that people will be refunded for now will surfice.

Yes I know Ryanair are being devastated with this virus, but there are lots of people who have there own worries now, many maybe loosing jobs and could do with the money they are rightfully owed.

I know I payed over a thousand euro for my tickets and could really do with that money back right about now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

I just fired off an email to my 2 TD's with a link to this thread.

I asked to look into the carry on of Ryanair, before they get any handouts.

Advertisement