Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I guess faking being tired, rope-a-dope, is too risky now !!!

This is some great action..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Wow! What a KO!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Is cejudo still champ ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

US2 wrote: »
    Is cejudo still champ ?

He always was and still is. This was just an interim sweetener, whilst he's having fun at bantam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

He always was and still is. This was just an interim sweetener, whilst he's having fun at bantam

He was stripped of the belt and this for the actual title.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

That was a really bad stoppage. Cutelaba was clearly faking to try and draw him in, and fair enough he might have overdone it, it's actually not as clear how little damage and how obviously he was playing rope-a-dope until you look at the slower replay.

But the stoppage itself was still quite strange....he was still throwing strong shots and didn't really take any shots in the few seconds before the ref called it off. I would think there is a strong case for a NC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I don't see any case for a NC. He was staggering under heavy shots and his head was rolling around. The fact that he was actually blocking the heavy shots and was returning fire should have been enough for the ref to realise that he was still in the game.

But at the end of the day if your game plan is to convince your opponent that you're badly hurt, you can't complain too much when the ref thinks you're badly hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Homelander wrote: »
    That was a really bad stoppage. Cutelaba was clearly faking to try and draw him in, and fair enough he might have overdone it, it's actually not as clear how little damage and how obviously he was playing rope-a-dope until you look at the slower replay.

But the stoppage itself was still quite strange....he was still throwing strong shots and didn't really take any shots in the few seconds before the ref called it off. I would think there is a strong case for a NC.
    Didn't read as fake to me. Not sure you can wobble your head like that consciously. I think he was well rattled but stoppage was a bit early in hindsight. Ref made the call they saw at the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

xckjoo wrote: »
    Didn't read as fake to me. Not sure you can wobble your head like that consciously. I think he was well rattled but stoppage was a bit early in hindsight. Ref made the call they saw at the time

It's the fact that the instant the fight ended, he was stable on his feet and no head rolling.

Plenty of times you see a fighter protesting a stoppage yet they are still doing the chicken legs. Not the case in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭xckjoo

DrPhilG wrote: »
    It's the fact that the instant the fight ended, he was stable on his feet and no head rolling.

Plenty of times you see a fighter protesting a stoppage yet they are still doing the chicken legs. Not the case in this one.
    Chicken head for this lad :D
    I do think it should have been let run but easy to say in hindsight. I'm just saying that I can see why the ref made the call he did the way that head was wobbling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

xckjoo wrote: »
    Chicken head for this lad :D
    I do think it should have been let run but easy to say in hindsight. I'm just saying that I can see why the ref made the call he did the way that head was wobbling

I watched it and the head wobbling was completely unnatural, I was agreeing with whoever commentated maybe it was Bisping saying 'He's out on his feet'. If it was unnaturally exaggerated from playing rope a dope then he should have got an Oscar for that performance. Real shame for a good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

****iing hell, to quote one tweet i saw 'that was the worst fight I've seen since adesanya/romera'

• Registered Users Posts: 37,783 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bueno Silva Vs Moroz is a very interesting fight. Moroz won the first round.

This is a great main card on paper

They should make Bisping the DJ, fake feed of crowd cheers with Bisping on the volume slider.. I dont like the quiet

Looking forward to this, Walker has his whole future career on his shoulders...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Strange without the crowd. Do we want Tony v Khabib to be like this? I'm on the fence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Walker seems to be so hittable

• Advertisement

Man walkers ground game is non existent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Still Ill wrote: »
    Strange without the crowd. Do we want Tony v Khabib to be like this? I'm on the fence

If it's the difference between going ahead and being cancelled again, I'll take the event in an empty stadium.

I would question some of those Walker elbows in round 1.. looked illegal.

That transition was sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Bisping said "Make some noise!"

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Time for Maia to retire

Kevin Lee looks heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Kevin Lee will always be a gatekeeper

That was a disgrace by Lee, taps then denies it !!!

Won my double.... makes a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

That was bizarre from Kevin Lee. Didn't even address it afterwards or try play it off as oxygen deprived or panic induced subconscious reflex or anything.

He looked OK until he got submitted. Some good moments but oliveiras groundwork is really something special, was flowing like water in that fight.

Advertisement