Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Reardens, Voodoo Rooms, The Oliver Plunkett, Grand Central Social, and Liberty Grill all closed until further notice.

The Bróg, East Village, Rossini’s, Spitjack, Clancy’s and East Village are all open but operating under strict capacity and distancing rules.
    I know they’ve removed a lot of tables from Spitjack & Rossini’s to create more space between guests.
    The doormen on the door of the Bróg and East Village have clickers and are not letting the capacity go over 100 patrons.

There will be a lot more of this to come I’d say. It’s going to be a strange few weeks in the hospitality industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Reardens, Voodoo Rooms, The Oliver Plunkett, Grand Central Social, and Liberty Grill all closed until further notice.

The Bróg, East Village, Rossini’s, Spitjack, Clancy’s and East Village are all open but operating under strict capacity and distancing rules.
    I know they’ve removed a lot of tables from Spitjack & Rossini’s to create more space between guests.
    The doormen on the door of the Bróg and East Village have clickers and are not letting the capacity go over 100 patrons.

There will be a lot more of this to come I’d say. It’s going to be a strange few weeks in the hospitality industry.
    This actually boggles the mind, how stupid it is.

The ones that are closed now should be operating with 100 people capacity because they are larger premises.

The ones that are open should be closed for now because they are small and cramped.

Logic dictates to me that going to the pub right now for many people is akin to basically risking doing the damage a lifetime worth of damage smoking would cause except you don't even get the pleasure of smoking and possibly die less than a month later. It's like not wearing a condom during an AIDs epidemic. There's thrillseekers and then there are just morons who don't value their lives or the lives of their loved ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

All these large venues can well afford to take the loss in revenue by shutting completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Any word of pubs closing in Cork?

Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭opus

Spotted this on the way to work this morning, not clear to me what it's trying to say. That 6% figure is very pessimistic.

505426.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Logic dictates to me that going to the pub right now for many people is akin to basically risking doing the damage a lifetime worth of damage smoking would cause except you don't even get the pleasure of smoking and possibly die less than a month later. It's like not wearing a condom during an AIDs epidemic. There's thrillseekers and then there are just morons who don't value their lives or the lives of their loved ones.

Yup, was loads of students out last night when I went for a quick walk. Idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

2 more cases in Apple. I'd say the place is riddled with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,181 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

namloc1980 wrote: »
    2 more cases in Apple. I'd say the place is riddled with it.

The first postive confirmed Apple carrier apparently went to the pub :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The first postive confirmed Apple carrier apparently went to the pub :rolleyes:

What exactly is the point of your fear mongering?
    All you are doing is spreading rumours that don't actually help anyone.
    "apparently"?

It's like you are getting a kick out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Acosta

This actually boggles the mind, how stupid it is.

The ones that are closed now should be operating with 100 people capacity because they are larger premises.

The ones that are open should be closed for now because they are small and cramped.

Now that they've FINALLY started testing people that have not been to Italy I would expect the numbers that have it to shoot up. And if that is the case I hope the HSE stop this nanny state horse**** and inform the public how bad particular areas of the country are. Idiots still going to the pub might think twice if there's a bad outbreak of it in their area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Heard that Murphy’s rock last night had over 100 people in the place and on top of each other as well,

Really are people that stupid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Yes, yes we really are. This outbreak really highlights that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Bodega closing from 5pm this evening (no mention of for how long). Impala closing for the two week period also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Heard that Murphy’s rock last night had over 100 people in the place and on top of each other as well,

They just renovated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

all bennys pubs closing tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 85,181 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What exactly is the point of your fear mongering?
    All you are doing is spreading rumours that don't actually help anyone.
    "apparently"?

It's like you are getting a kick out of this.

I think we have right to know the stupidity carelessness of individuals

This was reported by local radio and also by an TD

I would like to know exactly where infected carriers are so to try to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Going to the pub on Paddys Day for a lot of people was like a tradition.

Best off staying in with a bag of cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Should be a big sign beside the bog rolls - useful for cholera, not Covid.

The Raven and Brick Lane also now closed.

Beauty/hair salon wise, Fifth Avenue, Sweetness Hair & Beauty & Platinum Hair are also now closed until further notice.

I think a lot of them will make their announcements tomorrow and try to squeeze one last Saturday night out of it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

The Raven and Brick Lane also now closed.

Beauty/hair salon wise, Fifth Avenue, Sweetness Hair & Beauty & Platinum Hair are also now closed until further notice.

I think a lot of them will make their announcements tomorrow and try to squeeze one last Saturday night out of it tonight.

Brick Lane was very much open when I walked by 30 mins ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ms B. Haven

Stay Virus Free all 😷

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Whocare

Anyone else notice there lot of people coughing in city. Was doing a bit of shopping today

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Whocare wrote: »
    Anyone else notice there lot of people coughing in city. Was doing a bit of shopping today

Seriously no

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Brick Lane was very much open when I walked by 30 mins ago.

Apologies, closing at last call tonight until further notice. Full statement on their FB page if you’d like to double check for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

mean gene wrote: »
    all bennys pubs closing tonight

Fair play to Benny closing 15 pubs. Not much point anyone else staying open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I'd say a few grandad pubs around the suburbs will stay open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

rob316 wrote: »
    Fair play to Benny closing 15 pubs. Not much point anyone else staying open.
    Has he 15 pubs now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

So much for Carrigaline parenting same 7/8 teens hanging around the street as usual in my estate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

At 01:46 (time now) I can hear car engines revving up, probably for races on the N40 (west side of the city).

Idiots who think that cars are playthings and toys for their amusement, and diverting the efforts of Gardai and (if they crash etc) ambulances and hospital staff,

Bunch of muppets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

By and large people are complete morons and/or have no conceptual understanding of anything they cannot see or touch.

Advertisement