Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 FPL Implications

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

They could have a quick turnaround on seasons during the summer with the idea being players should have a rest for possibly the next month or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Does this mean I won't win the FPL league 2 after my first year in it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'd say 3 months. The situation in the UK will be worse in 3 weeks time than it is now.

Well, with you treating the sick, yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1238489774966571010

Any transfers are chips activated for Gameweek 30 won't be given back

• Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

http://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1238490448164982784

Madness
    I am carrying a FT
    If I don’t want to lose it I have to make a transfer this week and next !!!!!

Going to be a LOT of DGWS too
    Be as well of just scrapping it now
    Not sure I’ll play next season . Think I need a year out

• Advertisement

May as well make the 2 FT so
    It’s a lottery either way
    Fernandes and somebody else to come in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    May as well make the 2 FT so
    It’s a lottery either way
    Fernandes and somebody else to come in

Make one, keep one.

We might (albeit very unlikely) have more information before next weeks deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

http://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1238490448164982784

Madness
    I am carrying a FT
    If I don’t want to lose it I have to make a transfer this week and next !!!!!

Going to be a LOT of DGWS too
    Be as well of just scrapping it now
    Not sure I’ll play next season . Think I need a year out

Where does it say you can't carry the transfers over. If I don't make a transfer this week, do I have 2 free ones next week? The whole thing is stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

claw wrote: »
    Where does it say you can't carry the transfers over. If I don't make a transfer this week, do I have 2 free ones next week? The whole thing is stupid!

You can carry them. It's if you have 2 FTs already, you'll have to use one or lose it.

Basically the game is carrying on as normal, just so happens that GW30 and GW31 are blanks for all teams.

tailgunner wrote: »
    You can carry them. It's if you have 2 FTs already, you'll have to use one or lose it.

Probably being cheeky, but what happens if you have one free transfer this week and don't make one this week. Do you get 2 next week? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Probably being cheeky, but what happens if you have one free transfer this week and don't make one this week. Do you get 2 next week? :)

Yep, same as always. If I'm reading it right anyway!

We are all going to end up captaining Shane Duffy in quintuple GW38, aren’t we? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

So the game continues as normal but with no matches being played seems pretty straight forward. At the same time this is going to lead to the most bizarre GW38 unless they change gw deadlines once things have got back to normal? Quadruple gameweek anyone?

Actually, an interesting point I saw on FFS (unusual for there!). One of the tiebreakers in leagues is number of transfers made, so if you have 2FTs, no obvious move, and are in a tight league, it might be better to burn a FT.

Benimar wrote: »
    Actually, an interesting point I saw on FFS (unusual for there!). One of the tiebreakers in leagues is number of transfers made, so if you have 2FTs, no obvious move, and are in a tight league, it might be better to burn a FT.

I don’t have a wildcard though

If those 2 rounds of games are moved past 38 then 38 becomes a triple Gameweek
    Stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭macraignil

I don’t have a wildcard though

If those 2 rounds of games are moved past 38 then 38 becomes a triple Gameweek
    Stupid

Would they not just make up a game week 39 and 40 instead of having so many games in one week?

macraignil wrote: »
    Would they not just make up a game week 39 and 40 instead of having so many games in one week?

Oh yeah maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 32,885 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is bonkers. God knows what they will do when GW32 comes around and is postponed also.

In a H2H league, who is your opponent for gameweeks 39 and 40?

There is no 39 and 40 just an epic 38!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If it ends up continuing gw 30 or 31 will just have all fixtures pushed into gw 37. A dgw for 20 teams.

CSF wrote: »
    This is bonkers. God knows what they will do when GW32 comes around and is postponed also.

Yeah then it really becomes a problem. Then again st that point if our biggest issue is fpl then things probably won't have been to bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭893bet

Surely making less transfers is better than more?

893bet wrote: »
    Surely making less transfers is better than more?

Yes, I meant don’t use one.

This is why there can be no extra gameweeks imo

Sam Wallace of the Telegraph reporting that clubs believe they can still finish on May 17 IF games restart on April 4.

I’d imagine that’s on the basis that the CL/EL is still suspended and the FA Cup gets kicked to the curb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭macraignil

This is why there can be no extra gameweeks imo

So how then do they decide which team from each head to head goes through on the weeks with no games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

macraignil wrote: »
    So how then do they decide which team from each head to head goes through on the weeks with no games?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/rules
    If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:

Most goals scored in the Gameweek
    Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek
    Virtual coin toss

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Sam Wallace of the Telegraph reporting that clubs believe they can still finish on May 17 IF games restart on April 4.

I’d imagine that’s on the basis that the CL/EL is still suspended and the FA Cup gets kicked to the curb.

Are the clubs/PL that naïve to think that they will be restarting on April 4?

Or is that economic cost of the whole thing all they really care about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Are the clubs/PL that naïve to think that they will be restarting on April 4?

They do have to plan for it though, as unlikely as it is.

Advertisement