Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genesis @ 3Arena 16 November 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

kmurph wrote: »
    Phil, Tony & Mike are back!

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/genesis-the-last-domino-dublin-16-11-2020/event/18005863A1CE4E3C

Anyone seeing any mention of ticket prices for this show anywhere?

€77-€207

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭RINO87

PTH2009 wrote: »
    €77-€207

I was optimistic when I saw the prices starting relatively sane, but didnt know they went that high.... Is there a breakdown of prices/areas anywhere?

I'd love to go to this, but I aint forking out over 100 bucks for it... the 77 euro seats will be crap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Surely will sell out.

All seated its looking like with the flat seats and I'm guessing a few central blocks the €207 price bracket (which is ****ing madness tbh) with the other seats deff over the €100 mark and prob the €77 in the very corners (Block P and H)

I remember I got a cheap ticket for a Fleetwood mac show a few years back and it was a great view in Block P

I'll have a look at the presales and see

Dublin is the opening night of the tour unless they play elsewhere before it eg a few warm up club shows or American leg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

According to this page 3 Pre Sale is a day earlier from tomorrow at 9am?

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/genesis-the-last-domino-dublin-16-11-2020/event/18005863A1CE4E3C?did=elaserp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

€77-€207

i really wish they had to display the % of tickets available at each price, probably less than 5% at the lowest price, if that

scudzilla wrote: »
    i really wish they had to display the % of tickets available at each price, probably less than 5% at the lowest price, if that

Very true.
    I'd be surprised if they sell out the €207 seats.

Three plus sale starts tomorrow at 9am with MCD one Friday 9am

I'll take a look and see the price brackets

Reckon the €69.50 will be the cheap ones and there maybe 1/2 middle brackets and then the €207 ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭fafy

Three plus sale starts tomorrow at 9am with MCD one Friday 9am

I'll take a look and see the price brackets

Reckon the €69.50 will be the cheap ones and there maybe 1/2 middle brackets and then the €207 ones

Saw this for one of their UK gigs:
    Tickets are priced at £68.15 / £85.35 / £136.50 / £176.50.

So, those €69.50 in very back of upper balcony, and most expensive on floor. I’l check it out, will pay €120 ish, as its a very rare, and possibly final chance, to see them, and i know a good chunk of their back Catalogue quite well.

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »
    Saw this for one of their UK gigs:
    Tickets are priced at £68.15 / £85.35 / £136.50 / £176.50.

So, those €69.50 in very back of upper balcony, and most expensive on floor. I’l check it out, will pay €120 ish, as its a very rare, and possibly final chance, to see them, and i know a good chunk of their back Catalogue quite well.

Same as you i'll take a look in the morning and see what the story is. Cant justify paying high prices

I'd love to see them BUT there's 3 things that are stopping me.

1. No Gabriel or Hackett
    2. Prices
    3. Phil Collins, he was in bits a few years ago on his solo tour, sitting down for the majority of it, below is a snippet of the live interview he did yesterday for bbc radio 2, sounded off his tits.

See this tour being a complete disaster

That was painless surprisingly and got a ticket for Block N Row 34 seat 193 for price level 7

Price brackets available dis morning excluding fees are
    €199.50
    €159.50
    €110.50
    €99.50
    €69.50

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

I went for the 110 and got Block A, row 21 .. hope its not too far to the side!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

1. No Gabriel or Hackett

They were never likely to reunite with Gabriel and Hackett - it's over 40 years since either of them were in the band and all their big "hits" were released after they reduced to a 3 piece.

The only thing they could really have done with the 5 piece lineup would be a revival of "The Lamb..." but that would be nowhere near as commercially attractive as playing the hits, and Gabriel's never shown much interest in going back to that material anyway (he never does Genesis songs in his own concerts). Also Collins can't drum anymore, so what would he do if PG is on vocals?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Am I too late? Prices vary between 286 - 955. Are scalpers allowed to use ticket master.

Edit was on viagogo -didn't realise.

How do you get presale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Presale today for 3Plus customers. Linked to your phone (i.e. they send you a text message with a code).
    MCD Presale tomorrow. You can register online for a chance to qualify. Notice will be e-mailed ten minutes prior to the onsale time.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I'm surprised it hasn't been mention that this is the first gig in Ireland with this line up. I'm considering it allot of people think of the pop singles wit this trio but some of the album cuts were just fantastic but Collins health is a major concern he is a poor shadow of his former self and well having a bloke trying to hold himself up with a crutch singing "I Can't Dance" isn't soemthing to look forward to.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I'm surprised it hasn't been mention that this is the first gig in Ireland with this line up. I'm considering it allot of people think of the pop singles wit this trio but some of the album cuts were just fantastic but Collins health is a major concern he is a poor shadow of his former self and well having a bloke trying to hold himself up with a crutch singing "I Can't Dance" isn't soemthing to look forward to.

He does look very frail but hopefully his rehab is going well and he can put in a semi good performance on this tour. How was his voice on his recent solo run??

• Registered Users Posts: 31 squonkie

He does look very frail but hopefully his rehab is going well and he can put in a semi good performance on this tour. How was his voice on his recent solo run??

His voice was in very good form when I seen him. Just couldn't walk without a stick. He seemed to get a bit looser as the tours went on.

• Advertisement

Had a look, but have not booked anything yet.

Even the €115 tickets were a bit too far back, so as the 3 Presale only has 10 % of total tickets,and from orevious experienxe, they don’t tend to be the “choice” seats on this presale, i will wait, for MCD and general sale, for a better choice.

I’d also say a second gig likely, they have flexibility before and after the current single gig date.

Even the €115 tickets were a bit too far back, so as the 3 Presale only has 10 % of total tickets,and from orevious experienxe, they don’t tend to be the “choice” seats on this presale, i will wait, for MCD and general sale, for a better choice.

I’d also say a second gig likely, they have flexibility before and after the current single gig date.

the ticket i got cost me €106.65 and i sat in the same block recently and it was a great view. The show was pretty dark but its a decent view of the stage

88154437_10157364030064372_6975789060715446272_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQnF4WKeOamWQ_tDuc31GPF0xYJLpEHYP4ke0jY64zdx5c8rbeICI2hy4cSYhyuHWtQ&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=89bfe9e867b43dd1c08cb5fc6858a838&oe=5E954255

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

3 presale had lots of good tickets. A lot more than usual. I got some flat seats. Lots of good lower tier available still

3 presale had lots of good tickets. A lot more than usual. I got some flat seats. Lots of good lower tier available still

The flat seats are a horrendous price

The point is its limited to 10% of tickets, so there were tickets in all areas, but prefer, to take chances when more of a choice available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

1. No Gabriel or Hackett
    2. Prices
    3. Phil Collins, he was in bits a few years ago on his solo tour, sitting down for the majority of it, below is a snippet of the live interview he did yesterday for bbc radio 2, sounded off his tits.

See this tour being a complete disaster

Went to see him in the Aviva a few years ago, his son was on the drums and did a few numbers on the piano too. It was the best gig I've ever been to, even if he was sitting on a bar stool for all/most of it

No idea what he's like now but I'll be looking to get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The point is its limited to 10% of tickets, so there were tickets in all areas, but prefer, to take chances when more of a choice available.

Its not limited to 10%,the promoter can increase the allocation if they wish .
    On this tour the strategy in the Uk and Ireland is to try and sell out the venue in presale then add a second date.

I'd be surprised if there was a 2nd gig, they will struggle to sell out at those prices.

jaysus, just did a youtube search of collins recent performances, came across this one from Hyde Park.
    What a depressing sight, zero passion, not even a smile, just an old man sat there singing a song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

I’ve been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that I didn’t really understand any of their work, all the albums before Duke seemed too artsy, too intellectual . It was Duke where Phil Collins’ presence became more apparent, and the music got more modern, the drum machine became more prevalent and the lyrics started getting less mystical and more specific.

Invisible Touch is the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility, at the same time it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. It has a resonance that keeps coming back at the listener. All in all it ranks with the finest rock ‘n’ roll achievements of the decade and the mastermind behind this album, along of course with the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford, is Hugh Padgham, who has never found as clear and crisp and modern a sound as this. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument.

Advertisement