Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that trigger "libertarians"?

Options
  • 14-02-2020 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Criticizing Friedrich Hayek.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Talking loudly and putting books in the wrong section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Saying quietly "I'm not" when they shout "We are all individuals!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Contributing to society.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

What do you mean by trigger? Piss them off, excite them?

Planning permission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

The realization that most services they use in everyday life are underwritten by taxation.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Walking up to them and saying "Shure'n General O'Duffy was a marvellous man altogether so he was, so he was!", and then performing a quick Fascist salute before turning briskly on the heel and stalking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Compassion.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,053 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Reality.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,822 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Criticizing Friedrich Hayek.

Or Ayn Rand.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Dr. Colossus

People on low incomes benefiting from public housing, education and healthcare.

People on low incomes benefiting from public housing, education and healthcare.

People on low incomes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

People calling them out for their anti-semetism in regard to criticising Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

The state of Somalia today...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Taxes.

Society.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Gun control.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Soap

nthclare wrote: »
    Soap
    Liberals are not libertarians.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

cnocbui wrote: »
    Taxes.
    Texas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

nthclare wrote: »
    Soap
    That's the "Trigger the Leftie" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Badmouthing the Koch bros

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

From what I have seen since the rise of Trump, most libertarians are closet fascists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Ayn Rand was an appalling person and terrible writer. Atlas Shrugged is unreadable garbage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,822 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

From what I have seen since the rise of Trump, most libertarians are closet fascists.

I observed a very sharp decline in the levels of wailing about big government once Trump was elected. Funny that.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

A sense of humour.

I observed a very sharp decline in the levels of wailing about big government once Trump was elected. Funny that.
    Same with those patriot movement dudes in the US - you know those far right, anti federal government crowds that live in very remote regions in the western states, prepping for doomsday. They love Trump "strangely" enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Kivaro wrote: »
    That's the "Trigger the Leftie" thread.

I should have read the heading first

Yeah those lefties sure are repellent of soap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

It's similar to how the mostly left-wing anti-war movement vanished as soon as Obama took office, even though the wars continued. Many people use so-called "principle" to mask partisan opposition. The anti-war movement was, at its core, an anti-Bush movement.

Advertisement