Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coral World Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Looking forward to tonight's match. Wonder if the break will mean Ronnie playing properly again. Tough assignment vs Gilbert should stop him taking too many liberties. I kind of think Gilbert is one of these guys who is beaten before taking a shot against Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

That was a woeful safety effort on the brown from Gilbert. That's not the way you beat o sullivan.

Ding's third defeat to Scott Donaldson inside 2 weeks. Be relieved to know they're in opposite halves of the draw for the welsh open.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

Ding's third defeat to Scott Donaldson inside 2 weeks. Be relieved to know they're in opposite halves of the draw for the welsh open.

I’m struggling to ever remember Ding playing as bad as he did today. Looked like an average club player !

FR01 wrote: »
    I’m struggling to ever remember Ding playing as bad as he did today. Looked like an average club player !

Not of late anyway, though usually when he's bad he's very bad. Didnt look motivated at all. Robbo not sounding too keen in his interview either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

That was excruciating stuff tonight from Murphy and Stevens. Poor game all round.

Murphy really grinding my gears with retaking a shot, arguing with the referee when the white was in the correct position. Thoroughly unlikeable. Glad Stevens won but it was not entertaining in the slightest.

"Ballrun" bingham in top form again there! But you'd swear Phil Yates had never seen a fluke before the way he's going on about it.

Liang chokes so bad against Ronnie.

That was painful to watch. You dont get many better chances than that to beat ronnie and he butchered it. Terrible shot on yellow, played it completely wrong way.

Jees I didn't know he entered the shootout. That really strips bare all the crap he talks about ranking points etc. No way he'd play it unless he wanted to get into the other ITV events.

• Advertisement

No point trying to figure him out i think. Just to get to sf of shoot out would get him a measly 8k, he'd have to win it to make any real difference to his tour championship standing. Doesnt seem worth the hassle to me, but who knows? Doesnt think the masters is worth his time, despite it being on his doorstep, but a long trek for the shootout is apparently ok. A part of me thinks he's just trolling us all for the heck of it.

True. I should have stopped trying when he walked out against Hendry and I thought he was finished, but then won the Masters 4 weeks later.

Although i guess seen as the shootout is cut off point for the players, it does make some bit of sense to have it as an option if he still did need some points. So maybe is some logic there, still you never know with him.

Been a while since i saw Judd trumps touch this bad in a match. Really off colour and Wilson struggling to take advantage. Not seen anyone this week with anything approaching their a game. Looks set up for Ronnie to me. Dottie playing well this season but a long time since he's beaten ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Both players touch and nerve deserted them in the final. Both had decent chances to win but in the end Wilson stumbled over the line. His best result in a while but still not looking like the player he was a couple of seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Pighead wrote: »
    Both players touch and nerve deserted them in the final. Both had decent chances to win but in the end Wilson stumbled over the line. His best result in a while but still not looking like the player he was a couple of seasons ago.

I can't unsee his little shuffle before each shot

Jesus, what a brilliant ronnie-like clearance that was from....dott! They dont call him "pot the lot dott" dott for nothing. Takes a deserved 3-1 lead, seriously impressive snooker.

Good match but I really don't like anything about watching Dott. Not forgiven him for 2006.

Ronnie has had horrid luck all evening.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Good match but I really don't like anything about watching Dott. Not forgiven him for 2006.

Ha, nothing wrong with a good old fashioned grudge! Though i think even ronnie might have forgiven him by now.

I like him well enough anyway. Not the quickest, but definitely not the slowest, just a good tough competitor. Did call it wrong above but did note he has been playing decent stuff all season. Could be back in top 16 very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Impressive stuff by Dott. Unlike Liang he didn't seem intimidated by Ronnie despite his awful head to head record against him. Decent match with both players playing well towards the end. No reason why Dott can't win it now. Will take a good performance to beat him.

Two rotten pieces of luck for Ronnie probably cost him the match. ( Red going in off the split in the seventh frame and then being hampered by the brown after Dott failed to hit last red.

Dott played great in fairness. Good to see O'Sullivan trying properly again at least. Hope he gives it a good run in Sheffield.

Dott was impressive in that match. Solid in every frame. Ronnie unlucky of course with a few but that takes nothing away from Dott at all, he put away some fantastic shots and improved as the game went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Dott is playing well tonight but Ford is capatilising on his mistakes. It’s a good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Tom ford in front now. This is going all the way I reckon

4-3

Bit jammy there for dott in the end but ford had his chance and summarily butchered it. Case closed.

Dott is playing some serious snooker despite not necessarily putting in a lot of huge breaks. I've been very impressed with what I've seen this week. Yes he has had the rub of green, and little shots that have gone his way, but that's the reward for taking risks. Tough match for anyone atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Great to see the wee man back in a ranking final. Dunno when his last final was but his last ranking title victory was in 2007. I'll be rooting for him today. Couldn't have picked a tougher opponent though, Robertson in some form.

5-3. Think Dott will be relieved with that scoreline, Robertson was quite dominant. Still all to play for.

• Advertisement

Was 9-5, now 9-8. Surely SOMEONE saw that 17th frame? Outrageous tension and drama.

Advertisement