Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Black Crowes - Sat 10 Oct - 3 Arena

Options
  • 03-02-2020 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

tickets on sale this Friday

it's a beautiful thing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

How many tickets are they expecting to sell? Would they even shift half?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

it does seem like a very big venue for them. The top section could be closed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Nice :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 aslanroars

god i saw there first gig in the national stadium at the time .touring the same album .but theres no way their gonna shifit tickets
    for the 3 arena

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

It's a bit ambitious alright......but what the hell, i'll be there!!!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Saw them at Feile years ago. Got some great photos

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Great news but if I'm what I'm hearing from UK is true this will be a fcukin disaster, 'apparently' ticket prices are starting at 70quid sterling :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Zardoz

scudzilla wrote: »
    Great news but if I'm what I'm hearing from UK is true this will be a fcukin disaster, 'apparently' ticket prices are starting at 70quid sterling :eek:

Tickets are €49.50 - €59.50 plus fees.

Venue is far too big for them ,since Livenation took over MCD they seem to be putting alot of acts into the 3arena that have no real business there .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Tickets are €49.50 - €59.50 plus fees.u

Venue is far too big for them ,since Livenation took over MCD they seem to be putting alot of acts into the 3arena that have no real business there .

Yeah, But where else is there, same old question time and time again.

We have Olympia/Vicar St/Academy, all around the 1k-1300 mark and next step up is the point.

Always said that the empty space (if its still there), next to the point, they could build just one large, standing only building. Wouldn't cost that much, infrastructure is all there and bingo, we have a 5k capacity venue that could also be used for trade shows/markets etc

scudzilla wrote: »
    Yeah, But where else is there, same old question time and time again.

We have Olympia/Vicar St/Academy, all around the 1k-1300 mark and next step up is the point.

The Bord Gais Theatre is 2100,albeit thats all seated.
    The RDS indoor hall holds up to 6,500 ,albeit the acoustics are poor.
    Either of these would be better suited than the 3arena .

The Black Crowes are playing the Apollo in Manchester ,capacity 3500 and the Brixton Academy capacity 5000 in the UK.
    Its a big jump up here,so you'd think they would use the smaller standing layout with seats to the floor but they seem to be going for the full standing area and seats from row 21 so with the top tier closed they are looking at a capacity of over 10k.
    Thats silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Thats madness. They're 20k arenas in the US.

What’s the Point’s capacity when the top section is cordoned off?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What’s the Point’s capacity when the top section is cordoned off?

Guessing around 9-10k with top layer curtained off

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

aslanroars wrote: »
    god i saw there first gig in the national stadium at the time .touring the same album .but theres no way their gonna shifit tickets
    for the 3 arena

Massive fan but will miss the Dublin date, will get to see them in Vegas though, last time they played the Olympia tickets were practically being given away on the day, this should be rerouted to the stadium or Olympia again, they always put on a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Seen them in the National Stadium and at Donington in 1991, and the SFX in 95. Great days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Excellent, never seen them live. Southern Harmony one of my favourite albums of all time.

poundhound wrote: »
    Seen them in the National Stadium and at Donington in 1991, and the SFX in 95. Great days.

Fantastic gig......great days indeed!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Grid. wrote: »
    Fantastic gig......great days indeed!!:cool:
    SFX 95 was first time I saw them still got the harmonica Chris threw out after the intro to p25 London, seem to remember first few songs being fairly sedate then they woke up, almost like they were on something:rolleyes:

evillive wrote: »
    SFX 95 was first time I saw them still got the harmonica Chris threw out after the intro to p25 London, seem to remember first few songs being fairly sedate then they woke up, almost like they were on something:rolleyes:

Sound was very crackly for the first few songs if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement

evillive wrote: »

Ahhh cool.....was my first time seeing them too......I remember the smell of sweet leaf was particularly strong that night!!:P

Last time I seen them was Brixton in '09 with Luther Dickinson on lead .....he was amazing player.......best replacement they ever had for Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Grid. wrote: »
    Ahhh cool.....was my first time seeing them too......I remember the smell of sweet leaf was particularly strong that night!!:P

Last time I seen them was Brixton in '09 with Luther Dickinson on lead .....he was amazing player.......best replacement they ever had for Ford.

I was there too, great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Standing Ticket secured ... worked out @ €67

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

khalessi wrote: »
    Saw them at Feile years ago. Got some great photos

lol. I did see them so as I was at Feile '91.

In my defense I might have been a little inebriated though :P

feile91.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

RayCon wrote: »
    Standing Ticket secured ... worked out @ €67

same

thinking about going Amsterdam too :)

poundhound wrote: »

Man, what a fcukin day that was....Black Crowes opening, then a nice beer break for Queensryche, then Crue, Metallica and ACDC.

Pisses all over what Donington has now become

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I was going to buy tickets in the presale yesterday, and was asked to hold off... and I did :mad:
    because a couple weren't sure. Now it seems only tickets available are block G.
    Are they holding tickets back/are more likely to reappear, or is it likely all other seats sold out does anyone know?

Suckit wrote: »
    I was going to buy tickets in the presale yesterday, and was asked to hold off... and I did :mad:
    because a couple weren't sure. Now it seems only tickets available are block G.
    Are they holding tickets back/are more likely to reappear, or is it likely all other seats sold out does anyone know?

They will release better seats in the coming weeks and months,they always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Zardoz wrote: »
    They will release better seats in the coming weeks and months,they always do.

Excellent, thanks.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭dasdog

My overriding memory of seeing this band aside was getting on a bus to the South Circular Road, Ireland were 1-3 up against Poland away. When I was getting off the bus to go to the National Stadium I asked the bus driver for the score and it was 3-3. Cost us a place in the Euro's that time. It was a decent album. The square polystyrene roof tiles didn't really suit the bluesy rock.

Advertisement