Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 Transfer Thread - Party's Over

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Mmmm I know the defence is now a shambles. But I'd rather wait and see if Lundy is back in the team, I know Kelly's starting days are likely over. Rico is a frustrating player to own. Soyuncu points have dried up.

I always try and hold the WC to build towards double GWs and blanks. Still unsure if that's the right tactic or just go for a better team now with players that regularly start.

It's either Douglas to Son, or Greenwood/Maddison to Kun/Redmond or Trossard.

And reassess for GW27.

Aguero & Redmond for me. Captain Aguero too.

Redmond then has Villa, Norwich, Newcastle & West Ham so you might not be rushed into a WC

Your team then will be

Henderson

Lundy Soy Robertson (Rico, Kelly)

KDB Salah Traore Redmond (Luiz)

Vardy Ings Aguero

That’s a pretty decent team but just have a ****e bench. Don’t be wildcarding cause of your bench unless you want to BB.

You will then have 2 FT’s until BGW 28 and can replace Soy, Kelly, Rico or Luiz. Plenty of options there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

km79 wrote: »
    Wolves defender and liverpool attacker
    vs
    second pool defender and everton attacker

Given the relative fixtures etc I think its an easy decision
    DCL just does not float my boat. Can not wait to sell him

The important aspect for me is he already owns Firmino
    I would not say easily if he didnt already own him
    but he does
    So it is a question for him of who does he sellout of firmino and DCL
    Thats an easy decision

Wolves have 4 clean sheets in 25 league games. Firmino hasn’t scored at home all season.

Liverpool have a run of fixtures where they should be getting 4 clean sheets in next 6 games.

DCL has 7 goals in his last 10 games. Will Boly be getting 7 clean sheets in his 10?

It’s not an easy call & I would be going the Liverpool double up as there are more options in the striker bracket to move onto from DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Bit of a conundrum, got Auba in last week and was pretty unimpressed with him and Generally with Arsenals attack last week, considering swapping out for aguero - have the funds and it would be a FT...mad move??....fear of missing a kun haul!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Aguero & Redmond for me. Captain Aguero too.

Redmond then has Villa, Norwich, Newcastle & West Ham so you might not be rushed into a WC

Your team then will be

Henderson

Lundy Soy Robertson (Rico, Kelly)

KDB Salah Traore Redmond (Luiz)

Vardy Ings Aguero

That’s a pretty decent team but just have a ****e bench. Don’t be wildcarding cause of your bench unless you want to BB.

You will then have 2 FT’s until BGW 28 and can replace Soy, Kelly, Rico or Luiz. Plenty of options there

Appreciate all the feedback. Cheers man!
    Gonna go ahead with this and start upgrading the defence in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

ShimSlady wrote: »
    I think people are jumping the gun on Lundstram. The managers comments after the last match certainly indicated he could be back in the starting 11 next GW

I'm gonna hold him too but the problem is that you'd love to start him against Bournemouth and Brighton at home, but he looks like a banker to come on for a one point cameo if he's on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Banking the transfer. Holding on to Vardy i think he'll come good

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm going to bank this week to give me the most possible options in the coming weeks. I have 2/3 players that are on short term ownership so hopefully they deliver this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Thinking Kelly and Grealish out for Aurier and H Wilson. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,444 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Thinking Kelly and Grealish out for Aurier and H Wilson. Thoughts?

Not exactly sure where the love for Harry Wilson is coming from at all. Surely a lot better to go for in that price range? How’s your Leicester stock? Barnes interest you?

Aurier is touch-and-go. Spurs still embarrassing defensively and their fixtures aren’t super, but he’s a good attacking asset for his price. Would rather a Soton defender right now like Stephens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I’m doing Grealish & Vardy —-> Hayden & Aguero. Punt City but have 2 transfers. Want to offload Grealish becaause of fixtures & blank in 28. Aguero will be an easy downgrade or a hold if he’s firing

• Registered Users Posts: 48,151 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Or for anyone looking for a one week punt to replace Tosun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

I’m doing Grealish & Vardy —-> Hayden & Aguero. Punt City but have 2 transfers. Want to offload Grealish becaause of fixtures & blank in 28. Aguero will be an easy downgrade or a hold if he’s firing

Grealish will score against Spurs

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Grealish will score against Spurs

I am confident he will get attacking points too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Greenwood/Vardy to Ings/Firmino for -4 done

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm trying to convince myself that they'll both play. Probably just lying to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Gonna keep JV for now. Thinking of 28. No point getting Kun or PEA. Already have 4 blankers. Can't get Bobby, already have triple Pool. Might sell The Lord this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Mahrez in Maddison out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is dcl to ings worth a - 4? Dcl fixtures turn big time after tomorrow so will ings out score him at home to Burnley while dcl is at home to Palace. Or do I wait until the following week to bring in ings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Lundstram has to go doesn't he?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is dcl to ings worth a - 4? Dcl fixtures turn big time after tomorrow so will ings out score him at home to Burnley while dcl is at home to Palace. Or do I wait until the following week to bring in ings?

wait a week

Lundstram has to go doesn't he?

not yet
    But possibly after tomorrow

not yet
    But possibly after tomorrow

The problem with him is if he doesn't play he's certain to come in, so it's 60 percent plus 1 pointer

You might be right though, it's just such a good fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not exactly sure where the love for Harry Wilson is coming from at all. Surely a lot better to go for in that price range? How’s your Leicester stock? Barnes interest you?

Aurier is touch-and-go. Spurs still embarrassing defensively and their fixtures aren’t super, but he’s a good attacking asset for his price. Would rather a Soton defender right now like Stephens.

Already have Perez so Barnes a no go. I'm not mad on Wilson but there isn't much else without doubling up.

Have 2ft so might just do Kelly out for someone and have 2ft for next week.

The problem with him is if he doesn't play he's certain to come in, so it's 60 percent plus 1 pointer

You might be right though, it's just such a good fixture

Is it a FT ?

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Already have Perez so Barnes a no go. I'm not mad on Wilson but there isn't much else without doubling up.

Have 2ft so might just do Kelly out for someone and have 2ft for next week.

Do that

Is it a FT ?

Yeah, it's that or holding on and possibly playing Soy

Yeah, it's that or holding on and possibly playing Soy

I have both and Rico
    I’m playing lund and Rico

Who are you thinking of bringing in for him ?
    Another blades defender ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Start which 2 of these?
    Lund Rico Soy.

Also have Henderson in nets. Kelly on bench as his days starting are done I think.

Advertisement