Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piers Morgan

• 11-01-2020 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

What’s the deal with Piers Morgan? Do people generally agree with his views and is he always so angry? I’ve only read a few articles he’s written and they seem angry, spiteful and unkind. The most recent one he wrote was an in-depth discussion about how awful Harry and Megan are....:as if there’s not more important things going on in the world right now!

Someone showed me a few clips of him interviewing people on a breakfast show, he seems quite argumentative and condescending but maybe he just didn’t like the guests.

It must be difficult being so angry and bothered by things all the time. Is he always like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

After the dead girl phone hacking controversy be was embroiled in, my opinion of him is that he's something of a cnut.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

He's a professional angry man and attention seeker. Keeps the money coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Piers Morgan? Who the flip is Piers.. .. .. Oh you mean C*nty McC*ntface!

He's just a narcissistic dickhead who thinks everyone loves him but in reality is just as much of a waste of matter as Katie Hopkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I rarely follow him.
    He says he originally wrote nice stuff about Megan and Harry but he went off her after time. That opinion is certainly there is the public from people who I know that like the royals.
    He's known to have strong views on things.
    It's certainly working for him.
    Some wouldn't like him and some would.
    He may be classed as a straight talker.
    An Irish example would be Niall Boylan. He'd lay into somebody like Magaret Cash and ask difficult questions. Whilst others would just feel sorry for her or pretend to feel sorry for her.
    I'd have no real opinion on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Male version of Katie Hopkins. Likes to say stuff he knows will get attention, it's the basis of his entire career.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I often wonder does Susanna Reid love him or loath him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭HBC08

He was friendly with Megan when she was in suits,he met her for lunch a few times apparently as he was a big fan of the show.She then abruptly cut contact when she met Harry.He accused her of being a social climber,he might have a point.
    However I don't think many would argue that he's not a horrible pr1ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Opportunistic professional contrarian. Or horrible cúnt, whichever you prefer.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Contemptable human being.

That is all

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭hawley

He regards himself an Irishman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭Be right back

hawley wrote: »

He likes the flag anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

He's a wan*er.
    However he knows the craic and is probably right to portray himself that way.

If you wanna make money like him. Even if it's only off something like YouTube even you have to be up yourself. You have to be crazy opinionated. You have to be an ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

If Morgan got out on the right side of the bed in the morning, he'd walk over and start a fight with the left side. Inventing conflict is big business in old Blighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Prat of the highest order, huge ego allows the otherwise talent free to prosper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Only calls her a social climber because she's a woman. The lads who marry princesses don't get called social climbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

McMurphy wrote: »
    After the dead girl phone hacking controversy be was embroiled in, my opinion of him is that he's something of a cnut.

He had nothing whatsoever to do with Milly Dowler's voicemails getting hacked by the News of the World. He left that paper seven years earlier.

His appearance on Have I Got News for You, twenty-four years ago (back when it was good), was very funny. An early display of his total lack of self-awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

I rarely follow him.
    He says he originally wrote nice stuff about Megan and Harry but he went off her after time. That opinion is certainly there is the public from people who I know that like the royals.
    He's known to have strong views on things.
    It's certainly working for him.
    Some wouldn't like him and some would.
    He may be classed as a straight talker.
    An Irish example would be Niall Boylan. He'd lay into somebody like Magaret Cash and ask difficult questions. Whilst others would just feel sorry for her or pretend to feel sorry for her.
    I'd have no real opinion on him.

I think he’s just rude from what I’ve seen. Some interviewers are good at asking hard questions, he just seems really rude and talks over people from what I’ve seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I don't like the smug arrogant pr*ck, but at least he is not afraid to call out bullsh*it when he has too, a typical example of this was when he interviewed drug mule Michaella McColgan, she went in playing the victim and he made fool out of her. Meanwhile when she was interviewed in Ireland, she got usual soft interview. Pity there wasn't a few more like him.

Why and who is this?

mgn wrote: »
    I don't like the smug arrogant pr*ck, but at least he is not afraid to call out bullsh*it when he has too, a typical example of this was when he interviewed drug mule Michaella McColgan, she went in playing the victim and he made fool out of her. Meanwhile when she was interviewed in Ireland, she got usual soft interview. Pity there wasn't a few more like him.

From what I’ve seen he cuts over people and is quite rude. I couldn’t think of anyone worse to listen to first thing in the morning. It’s ok to call people out but he seems like a bully the way he handles interviewing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

He’s the quintessential attention-seeker. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I would wager it is the later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I like him, one of the few non PC presenters. He says what many people think but I think a lot of people wouldn't dare let it be known they agree with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think he's gas.
    That interview on Good Morning Britain about the gender issue was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Careful now folks. Piers is half Irish. Nuance, maturity and inclusiveness to the fore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    I like him, one of the few non PC presenters. He says what many people think but I think a lot of people wouldn't dare let it be known they agree with him.

Ya like him alot, too many PC creeps around. He like Trump so that's ok with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    Careful now folks. Piers is half Irish. Nuance, maturity and inclusiveness to the fore.
    Half English, half Irish, all Twat, I say. We're talking about someone who was too much for Rupert Murdoch, who said "the boy went too far" when he approve the publishing of intrusive photos of Princess Diana's sister-in-law while he was editor of News Of The World. So he went to the Daily Mirror, which was involved in the phone hacking scandal that led to the closure of News Of The World, but managed to avoid prosecution himself. The guy is too toxic for Room 101.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Ya like him alot, too many PC creeps around. He like Trump so that's ok with me.
    He like (sic) someone so he's ok with you? Not exactly deep thinking there. :D

I mean yeah, I don't always disagree with him, but he's also a nasty **** to people who don't deserve it - that's not to be admired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭PMBC

hawley wrote: »

Mother first married to O'Meara from Offaly before she married Morgan and outr man changed his name to suit.