Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

^^^^ Ga hahahaha thanks Seph, needed that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Alecto wrote: »
    What's a bousy? :P

You. But with a Dublin accent

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You. But with a Dublin accent

Gwan ya bowsey :P

Feeling weirdly hyper here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

drunk. Drunkkkkkkkk. That is all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Bedside, about to start reading a book, haven't done this in a long while and I always used to have a book on the go!

I blame my phone!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside, about to start reading a book, haven't done this in a long while and I always used to have a book on the go!

I blame my phone!

Whats the book?

Lying on my bed freezing.

Oh noes!. I died the thread?? :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think I'm the one responsible for that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Whats the book?

Put some clothes on then FFS.

No Sephers did.

Watching the darts deskside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Hitting the hay. Night lovely wherers! Codladh Sámh!

• Advertisement

Waiting to go home....... Come on 11pm!

I figured when i mentioned i was giddy i scared you all off :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Looking at neighbors Christmas lights and feeling all Christmasy :) wearing my gingerbread men Christmas tree jumper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside watching Notting Hill. Love this movie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Couchside watching Notting Hill. Love this movie! :D

Me too but I can't watch it AGAIN.
    Saw a cool movie on Friday night, RTE, with Julia Roberts also. Money Monster.

To thine own self be true

0lddog wrote: »
    whats the point of having heating if you dont use it when its cold out?

Did you actually do your 1st bio. shot ? Hope all goes well. Bet Harry could have a very wild week for the sticker price of your fix :)
    Books and covers oldog.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Whats the book?

"cockroaches"

Think I'm missing I'm a celeb :D

Not bad, so far so good. No mention of a cockroach yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Books and covers oldog.. :(
    :D

Time for tea, the breeze coming in here is brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ah lads, I explained my day earlier and I've had a few pints and so glad I could afford them. I've gone from Dublin city streets indulgence with work to Dublin city streets reality in the space of 48 hours and it wasn't planned that way at all. We helped out an an event today that brought smiles to adults and kids. Boards.ie is full of stuff about dole spongers and the self entitled homeless. But there are actually genuine people out there that are struggling with crap at this time of year and I'm always happy to meet them and do a little bit.

I wish I could do more these days. Me and Mrs G, before little G was born used to spend Christmas day in Dublin at various charity food events helping out. That was back in the Celtic Tiger days. Since then we lost a house and got plunged back into the rental game due to the previous recession. While its tough, I thank someone every day that I could keep working my nuts off to pay for it, hard and all that it is. Then Mrs G suffering two bad illnesses made it worse. But then you meet people with different stories and fook me you know it can be worse. A lot worse and nothing like the crap you read on boards in the threads about people suffering.

Despite your own troubles, try to spare a thought for some who are genuinely struggling. Sorry, but I'm a bit emotional after today. My first time revealing it on this thread and I've been helping out for years and years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside watching Angel Has Fallen with a glass of OJ. Fairplay to anyone who gives up their time to help those less fortunate.
    Hope everyone had a good weekend:)

Grandeeod i've always thought you were a sound lad, managing the way you do but wow. Fair play for giving even when the going isn't good..

Deskside with tea wondering what i can do..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Grandeeod i've always thought you were a sound lad, managing the way you do but wow. Fair play for giving even when the going isn't good..

Deskside with tea wondering what i can do..

Cheers Grem. Rared that way and so was Mrs G. This was her first time back since her stroke in 2017. She was tired this evening and that's why I got out for a pint. :D Little G got a more adult version this year as she was a lot younger the last time we did it. It's only a small thing, but it helps and we usually do it a few times a year. Fook it, but not all are spongers and the kind that rip off the state. There are lots of genuine folk on the streets and the level of neglected mental illness is a crying shame.

Gotta hit the hay. Back at the tech desk in the morning to please the paymasters.:D

Night G, catch you in the morning

"cockroaches"

Think I'm missing I'm a celeb :D

Not bad, so far so good. No mention of a cockroach yet :D

The crime novel?

Sweet dreams all x

Night Seph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Up to my tits in DIY at the moment.

DIY on here means a **** trig.. No screwing involved ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Homeside and Headmelted and can’t sleep at all. This Monday will be joyful for sure. Ah well - last full one before the holidays.

Happy Monday all!!

• Advertisement

You get much time off?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement