Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Tippsman wrote: »
    Apparently money invested with cancer wasn't been paid back, which started it all.

Spanish police gave cancer a description of shooter and of koks car used which the kinahans were minding

Arranged punishment shooting for shooting Moore, all the hallmarks of a lone ranger

It became ruthless after Byrne was shot and coldly finished.

It must of been a high up person in "kinahan" dublin crew that shot the young relative.

DB

Him and WW went after Kirwans young lad

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭40supple

That was his young lad who crashed the motorbike in Cabra last week and died as a result, only 19, would of been rough getting that news while in the nick.

He’ll be looking over his shoulder when he gets out for trying to clip duckeggs lad I’d imagine, wouldn’t fancy having that hanging over me, duckegg well respected throughout the innercity & further afield

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Raids in drogheda today. The stronghold of the anti maguire gang and also the home of the notorious hitman of the anti maguire gang

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Goes to show what the Gardai can do when they are given the means to. That's 10 people nicked for one attempt.

Would it be fair to say that particular feud must be just about finished?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭various artistes

pablo128 wrote: »

I recall a SW headline the other month suggesting as much, didn't read it.

I'd imagine perhaps we have reached a stage where they have ceased targeting relatives and friends who had nothing to do with the Regency out of sheer spite.

It is, however, hard to imagine they will ever cease targeting people they believe had a direct role in the attack itself or who are of the criminal calibre to wreak revenge for what has already been done. IIRC two arrested the other week were after Derek Hutch's brother (the deceased Derek Hutch). It's hard to imagine them ever taking off the contracts on Gerry himself, the acquitted Patrick Hutch, his father, the imprisoned Derek Hutch (for no more reason than he's capable of revenge), Coakley if they believe he was involved (the guards insist they don't), Mago.

Makes you wonder how they have such a hard on for certain people despite only two gunmen from Regency being identified, if ever there was any truth what some said about a mole leaking Garda intelligence naming a dozen odd people involved in the logistics of the Regency.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

I recall a SW headline the other month suggesting as much, didn't read it.

if ever there was any truth what some said about a mole leaking Garda intelligence naming a dozen odd people involved in the logistics of the Regency.

Like a certain detective no longer with us?

Well someone has to order and pay for these hits. And a high ranking kinahan associate in the UK was nicked yesterday. If he goes down, I'd say that's pretty much the end of it for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

The gardai don't deserve the praise! Rather than be proactive they were reactive the newspapers knew more, the killings of 2 innocent people forced their hand, "the cartel" had the run of the land before the innocent killings they're still running everything.

It'll never end too much has happened for it to ever really be over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

I see what your saying. But theres no way I can believe Gary wasn't behind that. That was the whole reason the Monk had to step in and pay the money to save his life. And if he wasn't involved, why would they have killed him in Sept 2015?

We were in torremolinos that may and met the monk in a bar. He was hammered which was odd as we thought he didnt drink. Knew he was stressed to the gills about something that day,realised after gary was murdered and the media reported the payment why

declanleo wrote: »
    Like a certain detective no longer with us?

That was the rumor.

It's simply amazing how nobody in the media wants to look at that case further. While the Byrne's aren't the nicest people in the world, on paper everyone deserves to have perpetrators of a crime against your family tried and punished. The acquittal without explanation is like something you'd see happen to a Putin crony in Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Put it this way, suppose Gardai ended the round the clock protection in Champions Avenue, do you really think the man in there would last very long? I doubt he would see Christmas..

Tippsman wrote: »

It'll never end too much has happened for it to ever really be over.

It begs the question, at what stage will the Garda car parked outside leave Patsy Hutch's house?

10 years?

20?

When DB and his parents are dead?

With so many people under threat why was he seemingly the only one allocated full time protection?

Put it this way, suppose Gardai ended the round the clock protection in Champions Avenue, do you really think the man in there would last very long? I doubt he would see Christmas..

He'd be gone out of the country on the next flight id say.

I haven't heard of any attempts on Patrick hutch or 'Harry' to be fair. I would have thought they would be prime targets.

He'd be gone out of the country on the next flight id say.

I haven't heard of any attempts on Patrick hutch or 'Harry' to be fair. I would have thought they would be prime targets.

I would be thinking Harry is lying low and watching his back, but he is bound to crop up sooner or later. Theres been no whisper of Patrick since the trial collapsed, he was meant to be under the wing of the man up the North

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

It begs the question, at what stage will the Garda car parked outside leave Patsy Hutch's house?

10 years?

20?

With so many people under threat why was he seemingly the only one allocated full time protection?

They've tried to get him kill 3 times I think.

As long as he's alive and he refuses relocation program.

10 years?

20?

Its crazy when you really think about it. Its not just outside the house, the cops are likely still all over Sean McDermott street aswell. Patsy would be doing himself and the state a favour by f**king off up North or something and keeping his head down. His quality of life here must be shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭40supple

Jesus! That’s 9 in over 1 attempt (3 sentenced) the laws of averages means someone in the top tier has gone Turk, Mount joy is bursting at the seams with KCOG cannon fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That was the rumor.

It's simply amazing how nobody in the media wants to look at that case further. While the Byrne's aren't the nicest people in the world, on paper everyone deserves to have perpetrators of a crime against your family tried and punished. The acquittal without explanation is like something you'd see happen to a Putin crony in Russia.

It’s too small of a country

Cops have everything on the high ups in society

Too many skeletons could be revealed

Every arm of the state would destroy them anyway were they brave enough to publish anything

Just remember a politician was whacked in Russia and a newspaper had to apologise over a lady he was with when it happened

• Advertisement

declanleo wrote: »
    We were in torremolinos that may and met the monk in a bar. He was hammered which was odd as we thought he didnt drink. Knew he was stressed to the gills about something that day,realised after gary was murdered and the media reported the payment why

Must have been crazy to meet him like that all the same.. Was he mixing with anyone or does he keep himself to himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Jesus h christ.

He is called the monk because he wasn’t drinking one time and somebody said what are you a monk or something along them lines. Story varies.

How do people still think he is some sober genius. Why does he see to have loads of mates who are dying in this feud who have IRA links. That’s what I’d like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thedogsbolix

Raids in the MM estate ? Seen loads off armed response around today.. the B gang are under serious pressure. Mr Price is looking after the M gang. No more stupid videos been posted online by them in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

There's obviously a piece of the jigsaw missing

GH handing over 2 mil and then the monk coming back with another 200k , doesn't make sense

Raids in the MM estate ? Seen loads off armed response around today.. the B gang are under serious pressure. Mr Price is looking after the M gang. No more stupid videos been posted online by them in a while.

De fuk? Message me what that means.

Who's the hitman for the b gang is it RL?

Berserker5 wrote: »
    Who's the hitman for the b gang is it RL?

It’s not gangs, it’s groups of friends, once one row ends they can all be friends again then another fight will start and they will all split up in another faction. All bull**** from the press. These lads live year to year, friend to friend. Family relations tied them together more.

Large Garda presence inside Krispy Kreme

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Was there an armed Garda presence at Eoin Boylans funeral or is that unnecessary?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

That was the rumor.

An explanation was given at the time. The proper protocols were not followed in identifying Patrick hutch as the gunman dressed as woman. The evidence gathering was tainted. Simple

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement