Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builders everywhere

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,191 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

BDI wrote: »
    Hiding what?

I just put boxers and trousers over it. I don’t play hide and seek with it in centra.

So, you don't hide that you threat people with no respect and you look down on builders. Thanks for clearing that. They were certainly laughing at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

So, you don't hide that you threat people with no respect and you look down on builders. Thanks for clearing that. They were certainly laughing at you.

You weren’t there I wasn’t the one in the hi viz vest.

You weren’t there I wasn’t the one in the hi viz vest.

I know how you come across from you OP even the fact that you went up to barista to make some kind of comment!

I know how you come across from you OP even the fact that you went up to barista to make some kind of comment!

I know the barista because I go there everyday at 1 pm and tip him fairly. Once he asked my name to write on the coffee cup and I asked him his for the laugh and pretended to write it on my imaginary cup and we laughed and it transpired we both liked Nick Cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,504 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I know the barista because I go there everyday at 1 pm and tip him fairly. Once he asked my name to write on the coffee cup and I asked him his for the laugh and pretended to write it on my imaginary cup and we laughed and it transpired we both liked Nick Cave.

Cut out that sort of nonsense if you want to improve your serious person rating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Hold up, WTF is going on here?
    When did
    this barista talk coming to this?
    They were queuing up for a coffee machine,MACHINE.

No barista was involved in the op story. It was in a deli with 2 machines. Jeezes

Edit:ah I see he/she added more to the story.

Cut out that sort of nonsense if you want to improve your serious person rating.

It was the old me, but I kept him on as a friend even though I turned serious because it’s hard to find people to talk about Nick Cave in real life.

They normally say “was he the fella that did that song with Kylie”

Makes me bite my tongue and vibrate.

Poor barista should be given early retirement if you call every day!

Notdeco wrote: »
    Hold up, WTF is going on here?
    When did
    this barista talk coming to this?
    They were queuing up for a coffee machine,MACHINE.

No barista was involved in the op story. It was in a deli with 2 machines. Jeezes

You struggle with reading comprehension. That’s ok we all’s struggle with different things. I struggle with being funny but I thrive at being serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

BDI wrote:
    There seems to be an absolute overrun of builders in town these days. Not the decent mannerly ones like you used to get in town but the type of roll up smoking scaffolding hammering ruffians that you used to only see in new house builds.

BDI wrote:
    I’m a cultured guy but I can rough it with the best of them. The other day there was six people queuing on one side for two coffee machines in a corner shop/deli then a chap with a neck tattoo walks up to the second machine and starts queing right when the fella ahead of him finishes.

BDI wrote:
    I’m biting my tongue, I’m shaking with fury but the fella has a 6 inch reach advantage about two teeth and 6 or 7 stone on me all I can do is give him a dirty look and he turns sees me and says like we are idiots, “why are six of yous queing for that machine when this one is emptyâ€.

BDI wrote:
    I was weighing up whether to just hit him once and take my beating or not when he just toddled off like he had actually helped us.

BDI wrote:
    A lot of them spit on the street where they stand. Then just stand beside it like some sort of gorilla that’s proud to have no manners. They beep at my when I cycle because I’m not in a cycle lane.

BDI wrote:
    I was weighing up whether to just hit him once and take my beating or not when he just toddled off like he had actually helped us.

BDI wrote:
    I’m biting my tongue, I’m shaking with fury but the fella has a 6 inch reach advantage about two teeth and 6 or 7 stone on me all I can do is give him a dirty look and he turns sees me and says like we are idiots, “why are six of yous queing for that machine when this one is emptyâ€.

BDI wrote:
    I’m a cultured guy but I can rough it with the best of them. The other day there was six people queuing on one side for two coffee machines in a corner shop/deli then a chap with a neck tattoo walks up to the second machine and starts queing right when the fella ahead of him finishes.

BDI wrote:
    Some of them wear tracksuit bottoms with work boots.

BDI wrote:
    I seen a table of them in starbucks the other day getting up and just leaving all their crap on the table for the poor barista to clean. Some of it was tinfoil off sandwiches they brought in with them.

BDI wrote:
    Their dusty trousers left marks on the seat. I asked the barista why he puts up with them but he didn’t seem bothered.

BDI wrote:
    There seems to be an absolute overrun of builders in town these days. Not the decent mannerly ones like you used to get in town but the type of roll up smoking scaffolding hammering ruffians that you used to only see in new house builds.

BDI wrote:

BDI wrote:

BDI wrote:

BDI wrote:

BDI wrote:
    A lot of them spit on the street where they stand. Then just stand beside it like some sort of gorilla that’s proud to have no manners. They beep at my when I cycle because I’m not in a cycle lane.

BDI wrote:
    I seen a table of them in starbucks the other day getting up and just leaving all their crap on the table for the poor barista to clean. Some of it was tinfoil off sandwiches they brought in with them.

BDI wrote:
    Some of them wear tracksuit bottoms with work boots.

BDI wrote:
    Their dusty trousers left marks on the seat. I asked the barista why he puts up with them but he didn’t seem bothered.

Down with those sort of people!!

• Advertisement

You struggle with reading comprehension. That’s ok we all’s trughle with different things. I struggle with being funny but I thrive at being serious.
    The barista bit was not there when I read your post for the first time.

Poor barista should be given early retirement if you call every day!

Poor Barista gets sent a stick from head office each month with the playlist on it and just throws it in the bin and plays wall to wall Nick Cave. Total Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I just hung back, making eye contact letting her know I could rescue her if the **** hit the fan. I was terrified. I think she sensed that because she just whispered to her friend and they both giggled and walked off.

Thank God.

Ah stop, you wouldn't kick snow off a washing line :rolleyes:

Ah stop, you wouldn't kick snow off a washing line :rolleyes:

I know but I would have volunteered my body to be beaten. While she made her escape.

I was scared ****less and still willing to step in. This is what real hero’s do. 20 stone white knights don’t know fear. They arnt hero’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

I know but I would have volunteered my body to be beaten. While she made her escape.

I was scared ****less and still willing to step in. This is what real hero’s do. 20 stone white knights don’t know fear. They arnt hero’s.

Yeah I thought there was a touch of sadomasochism about this thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

The one thing that bothers me about this is why the fcuk were 6 people queuing for 1 coffee machine when there was another 1 free

auspicious wrote: »
    Yeah I thought there was a touch of sadomasochism about this thread ;)

A lot of people don’t know themselves because they only protect themselves. When you chose to protect others even though you will come out of it with a beating, only then, can you feel like a godlike figure.

Only then are you deserving of a family. I am deserving, I’m ready I just need to meet them.

A lot of people don’t know themselves because they only protect themselves. When you chose to protect others even though you will come out of it with a beating, only then, can you feel like a godlike figure.

The whole thing is based on your inability to read eye contact correctly.

The one thing that bothers me about this is why the fcuk were 6 people queuing for 1 coffee machine when there was another 1 free

There was two. It’s a bit of a roulette when two machines are in operation. You get one guy who takes an age and blocks up one machine. So civilised people realise we are all on a lunch break with time constraints and we all que in orderly fashion and nobody will end up stuck behind some guy who can’t figure out where the large lids are. It’s common decency for your fellow man and if somebody who can help you ever sees you in jeopardy he may recall a time when you behaved like a selfish slob in a coffee que when he chooses to be brave for your benefit.

The whole thing is based on your inability to read eye contact correctly.

You got a laugh earlier( and it was funny) now you are suggesting something that if I seen somebody getting slagged over at the coffee machine I would not be happy. I do not have the symptoms of autism.

• Advertisement

You got a laugh earlier( and it was funny) now you are suggesting something that if I seen somebody getting slagged over at the coffee machine I would not be happy. I do not have the symptoms of autism.

You saw the eyes of a feral dog in another human being. And that terrified you. But they never carried out the attack you anticipated. The prospective victim walked away laughing. I think you got the whole thing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They beep at my when I cycle because I’m not in a cycle lane.

F*cking cyclists... Think we found why they don't like you.

F*cking cyclists... Think we found why they don't like you.

Cyclists like me

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Not much can be done when a gorilla skips the queue unfortunately.

Just the way it is. I was bemoaning my own stature the other night. But there's no solution.

Life humiliates us all in the end. The giants got me beat, they were born as giant freaks and I wasn't, so they win. there you have it.

Life Sucks.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

20Wheel wrote: »
    Not much can be done when a gorilla skips the queue unfortunately.

Just the way it is. I was bemoaning my own stature the other night. But there's no solution.

Life humiliates us all in the end. The giants got me beat, they were born as giant freaks and I wasn't, so they win. there you have it.

Life Sucks.

When I was younger 4 or 5 of us would gang up on them but we get punished for that once we have jobs and stuff. Should there be a “he was fricking with the status quo” defence to public beatings?

I don’t know, I’m not a lawmaker.

If I was in a Hollywood movie I’d have made a cup of tea and tossed it in his face but in real life maybe he was just having a bad day. Maybe he was up all night in hospital with his kid or maybe his boss only gave him ten minutes for lunch. Who knows really what other people are going through. Maybe that’s why they don’t let us gather into groups of 3 and 4 and beat them in the street.

Fair enough I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭JamBur

Seen......saw

Please

JamBur wrote: »
    Seen......saw

Please

Exactly. Nobody respects the language they speak anymore. These lads want an f ing breakfast roll with f ing red sauce. The poor deli girls look so intimidated while these grunters look down their tops as if it’s their right because they are on the customer side of the counter.

What a cluster**** of a tread.

Notdeco wrote: »
    What a cluster**** of a tread.

It’s better than your thread Declan.

• Advertisement

It’s better than your thread Declan.
    Only in your mind, ya
    Angus von Bismarck wanna be