Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 16th

Options
  • 15-11-2019 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I'm really starting to sweat now ahead of the 3pm inspection today at Cheltenham:( . My guess is there will be another inspection at 8am tomorrow.
    Im starting to look at travel arrangements to Uttoxeter as a Plan B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

https://twitter.com/fillyonform/status/1195291231003254784

Looks better than yesterday going by Twitter, the latest video I've seen above

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I'm really starting to sweat now ahead of the 3pm inspection today at Cheltenham:( . My guess is there will be another inspection at 8am tomorrow.
    Im starting to look at travel arrangements to Uttoxeter as a Plan B.

They were not overly optimistic on William Hill Radio yesterday, fingers crossed.

Hopefully all is fine, Cheltenham is a grade 1 track, they will be pulling out all the stops to make it happen.

Who knows, if they can race on Sunday they might throw a monster race card in?

Racing confirmed as on tomorrow, soft with heavy in places and some jumps being omitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Faugheen.........

Just let it go well and let him get around on his own terms and see from there

Hup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Sharjah w/o Klassical Dream @ Evens my only bet of the day

Did Faugheen/Saldier double

Faugheen.........

Just let it go well and let him get around on his own terms and see from there

Hup

I have a 2 euro reverse forecast on Spades are Trumps and Trappist Monk.:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Some fantastic racing today and some very nice bets lined up.

12. 50 Punchestown.My best bet of the day is Faugheen, and it's a lay bet. I 100% can't see it winning. Excellent beast in it's time but like Apples Jade, when people hear the name they get excited but it's not the horse it used to be. Around 11/8 and a solid lay bet for me.

12.05 Cheltenham, Thyme Hill, around 11/8. This is another lay bet for me and was vying for my best bet of the day. I have the race priced up 9/4, 7/2, 4/1 etc... and at 11/8 I think it's a great opportunity to make some decent money. Can't see Thyme Hill winning.

12.15 Punchestown, Anything will do around 5/2 - 11/4. I've backed this to win. The horse has decent form and is still improving, I think it will win.

Few more lined up depending.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

SonOfGoat wrote: »

12. 50 Punchestown.My best bet of the day is Faugheen, and it's a lay bet. I 100% can't see it winning. Excellent beast in it's time but like Apples Jade, when people hear the name they get excited but it's not the horse it used to be. Around 11/8 and a solid lay bet for me.

12.05 Cheltenham, Thyme Hill, around 11/8. This is another lay bet for me and was vying for my best bet of the day. I have the race priced up 9/4, 7/2, 4/1 etc... and at 11/8 I think it's a great opportunity to make some decent money. Can't see Thyme Hill winning.

12.15 Punchestown, Anything will do around 5/2 - 11/4. I've backed this to win. The horse has decent form and is still improving, I think it will win.

Good luck

Reported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

‘I’ll give up gambling’.
    Addiction is terrible. Whether to gambling or trolling.

Big mistake there from Faugheen, Townsend done well to recover.

Things you love to see, Faugheen back to winning ways and the GOAT posting nonsense as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

Big mistake there from Faugheen, Townsend done well to recover.

Though he was done to be honest and then the 2nd last again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

**** me that was class from Townend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Peach if a ride from Townend and I'm the main a lovely round of jumping by Faugheen. Engine still there no doubt.

Only bet today is TREACYSENNISCORTHY in the 3.10 Punchestown at 6/1 for a small nibble. Have had this thing in my tracker since last Christmas, and haven't backed it since then (not even when he won at 66/1 in Tipperary 6 weeks ago.... that would have been a lovely aftertime thread post :D). Have a feeling this may have been his target.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Faugheen went about 6/1 in running after the first mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Cheltenham a lot quieter this year than previous years, will be interesting to see the attendance figures

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

I had big doubts about faugheen in this race. He proved me wrong big time, big thick eejit that I am!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

munster87 wrote: »
    ‘I’ll give up gambling’.
    Addiction is terrible. Whether to gambling or trolling.

And all 3 of his selections done the exact opposite of what he advised

I've gone a bit mad an backed Petit mouchoir today ew. Did the same last year once or twice and didn't make a cent.
    Probably the best of these at his best.
    Klassical dream has it all to prove at this level although he is promising.
    I can't trust Sharjah on the ground, puts some good runs in on soft but seems more consistent on good ground.
    Saldier could be interesting but hasn't run in a year and chance he might be eased back after injury and yaha fizz shouldnt be in the same parish as them on all known form but I'd love to see him run a decent race for the Delaney's.
    PM I'd say will be ready to go today as I'd say Henry found it hard to persuade o Leary to hold onto him so won't want him tailed off.

Whats the definition of insanity again?

What happened eclair de bureau there? Looked like it'd be a tight finish with notebook but ended up emptying like a drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Good luck
    Have you no self respect?

Good luck

Take your ball....and f*ck off home !!!:D

lemush wrote: »
    Have you no self respect?

He PROMISED to leave during the week when another sure thing let him down....

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hobie21

He PROMISED to leave during the week when another sure thing let him down....

His username should be son of paddy power

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

‪2.25‬

‪I’ve looked at this a few time and settled on Eamon on Cnoic as the value . He is weighted to turn around the firm on the fav here on his festival run and 20 on Betfair is certainly value . He also has form on heavy ‬

Nice there from Saldier!

• Advertisement

There is nothing to see here. Well done all. Nice one.

Advertisement