Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How old is too old to go clubbing?

Options
  • 12-11-2019 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

I’m 30, was in da club the other night and while standing there with two g&t’s in hand in the middle of the dance floor, I had a flashback to a better time. The year is 2012 and I’m buzzing off people, having the best time ever, having chats, spoofing and just otherwise, loving life. One Direction What Makes you Beautiful playing following another Chris Brown belter. Life is good. But then I had a realization that life has moved on, felt so sad. Would do anything to go back to those days.

30 is a weird one, to me I don’t feel old but definitely feel I’m pushing on. Nobody really says to you anymore that ‘ah god sure aren’t you so young’. Drinking and going out is always a good buzz but it’s **** that can still enjoy something but just feel out of the loop. Looks like the future is a dank spot in the corner of some old man boozer. Welcome to adulthood.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Uncle Jack Leslie was clubbing in to his 90s and no harm on him.
    But he is dead now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

What are you clubbing, seals is it?

Shouldn't really be doing that at any age... in my humble:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Upto 60. After that the seals are a bit fast

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

was in da club the other night

When you call it "da club"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

No limits

cartoon-caveman-dragging-cave-woman-260nw-31004170.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

another Chris Brown belter.

I thought he only used his fists?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

When I realised I was calling a nightclub a.... Disco......time to go to pasture says I......

When you lose your Zac Efron looks and start looking like that Naboo guy it's time to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I’m 30, was in da club the other night and while standing there with two g&t’s in hand in the middle of the dance floor, I had a flashback to a better time. The year is 2012 and I’m buzzing off people, having the best time ever, having chats, spoofing and just otherwise, loving life. One Direction What Makes you Beautiful playing following another Chris Brown belter. Life is good. But then I had a realization that life has moved on, felt so sad. Would do anything to go back to those days.

Beat it Grandad.

• Advertisement

Works the other way too.

cave-woman-dragging-caveman-clip-260nw-163995215.jpg

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Beat it Grandad.

Pure gin wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Omackeral wrote: »
    When you lose your Zac Efron looks and start looking like that Naboo guy it's time to stop.

Feels. I’m starting to look like that presenter Francis from the den on rte. Only thing is i look young still, could probably get away with 25.

My clubbing history
    2010-2012-Awful, awkward, not fun but the experiences were unique and look bad on nights out in 21’s and the palace with fondness
    2012-2016-Coppers, Everleigh and the beginning of going to some decent bars. Nights out still good.
    2019-Growing stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I’m 54 and would still go to nightclubs every two to three weeks. Places like House and Black Door. Great fun. Late pints, throwing shapes on the dancefloor, and a decent chance of getting the ride - what’s not to like.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭patmahe

When you start thinking the music in there is too loud and there's no open fire :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Is Sides still open on Dame street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I’m 54 and would still go to nightclubs every two to three weeks. Places like House and Black Door. Great fun. Late pints, throwing shapes on the dancefloor, and a decent chance of getting the ride - what’s not to like.

You’re the greatest hero in Irish history. Inspiration tbh. Makes me feel good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Stewball

It's going to be awkward when you bump into your grand-kids some night.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Depends on your motivation for being there I think.

If you are going as a group of 6 or more lads where you all still refer to each other by nicknames, then mid-20's is time to rise out of that.

If you are looking to 'score', I think late 20's.

If you are looking to catch up with some friends and have a chat and maybe a couple of dances once every couple of months then early to mid-30's isn't unusual.

If you are in to the music and want to go and enjoy that, then really, age shouldn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Life is good. But then I had a realization that life has moved on, felt so sad. Would do anything to go back to those days.

Looks like the future is a dank spot in the corner of some old man boozer. Welcome to adulthood.

OP I think you might be suffering from member berries

You look back on it thinking it was a lot better then, than it is now.

The reality is, that it's exactly the same.

You're never to old to go out clubbing.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You’re the greatest hero in Irish history. Inspiration tbh. Makes me feel good. :D

You should catch up on the works of Angus Von Bismarck.

You should catch up on the works of Angus Von Bismarck.

Say it thrice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Depends on your status more than anything. If your hooked up its no place to go, I haven't been since I was 29 when I got married. I think when you hit 30, you'd rather go somewhere where your not screaming into your mates ear to talk and not spend the night standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I don't think there's a cut off point really. What changes is the venue. Honestly at 27 I think I'm probably on the limit of going to and enjoying a club like The George (tis Jurassic for me next year!) but I'm in alright shape and I can kinda get away with it. But at a certain age you'd probably hate going to a place like that, the beauty of it is in a city there's always age appropriate places for you, if one place has a younger crowd, you just move onto the next age appropriate place until all the way up until you're dancing in the grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

You can never be too old to do something you enjoy doing.

Just don't try compare the now to the then, the then will always win because, well,

memberberries.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Looks like the future is a dank spot in the corner of some old man boozer. Welcome to adulthood.

Give up the booze and change the type of club you frequent! I'm 24 years more adult than you and still enjoying staying out till 1/3/5am, dancing to live music with women of all ages from 6 to 60. Last Saturday was particularly satisfying: solicited by half a dozen thirty-somethings over the course of the night, who wanted me to show them the moves! Roll on next weekend! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Stewball wrote: »

Why? I’d buy them a drink and be happy they weren’t sitting at home playing computer games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'm 30 and I got too old for "da club" quite some time before One Direction was on the playlist.

I'd go to some club nights sometimes though, bitta techno or whatever. I'm about in the middle of the age range there, there are plenty people in their forties.

Or they look to be anyways, it's a pretty sesh-head demographic to be fair.

I like being 30, I can't wait to be older so I can start properly condescending to more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

When I was 17/18 going to clubs, I always looked at people in their 30s and said how sad and pathetic they must be to be in there at that age. I don't want to be in the same situation with young folk looking at me thinking the same. I'm 35 and haven't been near a nightclub in 5+ years. I'm also married with 3 kids though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Stewball wrote: »

Awkward? Who d'you think gives them a lift! :pac:

Advertisement