Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Now might be an opportune time to ditch any shares that might be effected by a no deal .... before the details of this new Brexit deal come out .... and the DUP and hard-line brexiteers shoot it down ..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Nice little rally over the past few days. Bought shares in 4 UK companies back in September - ITV,Aviva,Mediclinic and William Hill up 22.9% overall, unsure whether to sell my positions or continue to hold.

As of 18/10 9:30 am:
    Mediclinic - 26.51%
    ITV - 24.46%
    Aviva - 21.87%
    William Hill - 19.09%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Nice little rally over the past few days. Bought shares in 4 UK companies back in September - ITV,Aviva,Mediclinic and William Hill up 22.9% overall, unsure whether to sell my positions or continue to hold.

Mediclinic - 26.51%
    ITV - 24.46%
    Aviva - 21.87%
    William Hill - 19.09%

Capita are up about 25%.... since I sold...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭littlevillage

JMMCapital wrote: »

Mediclinic - 26.51%
    ITV - 24.46%
    Aviva - 21.87%
    William Hill - 19.09%

got out of Aviva myself now too. great old stock, trousered a few dividends and made about 17% profit too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Good day for Tesla. Got out myself at the opening bell at $300. Small profit.

Its a wild ride. Maybe get back in again around $220

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,162 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Good day for Tesla. Got out myself at the opening bell at $300. Small profit.

Ditto. Had got in 6 months ago at $233, so well pleased with the result

Not so pleased with my Verastem and Viking Therapeutics, both heavily in the red for me. Anyone any thoughts of where these are going? I might sell Verastem and buy straight back to avoid CGT this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Great day for Norwegian Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

$BYND beyond meat is entering into buy zone + earnings report this week watch out ;) tight stops

slack technologies $work ipo earlier this year and being selling off since printing a bullish divergence on the 12H not fully confirmed yet but looks like an easy 18% move. lower timeframes still bearish so setting some fishing orders here.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

hottipper wrote: »
    $BYND beyond meat is entering into buy zone + earnings report this week watch out ;) tight stops
    Buy zone? 48 million or 80% of the companies outstanding come out of lockup on Tuesday 29th Oct so there’s that...

• Advertisement

XMG wrote: »
    Buy zone? 48 million or 80% of the companies outstanding come out of lockup on Tuesday 29th Oct so there’s that...

yes buy zone stops in profit, now i play for free ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

XMG wrote: »

Uber's lock up period ends on the 6th of November, will most likely be a fair drop and might offer a decent entry point for a flip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

hottipper wrote: »

Down 20% pre market

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Down 20% pre market

i got burned badly on that one should have taken my 5% profit for the day was going to push the button before close. Didn't realise my stop wouldn't get hit in after hours trading. I even had a market stop (not a limit stop) in place. lesson learned will have to adjust my trading plan because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭Treppen

Magnis Resources was a tip quite a while back (and naturally enough it's tanked :pac:). But I'm wondering if any of the mining ASX followers on here would still consider it worthwhile as they are still on track for near future mining through to production of LI cells?

http://magnis.com.au/announcements/significant-news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

It seems nothing can stop the S&P.

All time highs.

Fed are buying treasuries like they’re going out of fashion.

Billions in overnight Repos.

(None of this is qe apparently).

I’ve been vocally on the sidelines for months and have missed immense gains.

Feel like Mark Baum, ready the sh4t to hit the fan, but just a little too early to the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Same, getting sick of it now. No clue what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Feel like Mark Baum, ready the sh4t to hit the fan, but just a little too early to the party.

where do you think this sh4t will come from?

where do you think this sh4t will come from?

Sorry thought I made it clear in my post.

US national debt is as Donald would say, "The greatest it's ever been".

The fed have the printer on.

Rates coming down (90% of the time looking back in history a US recession has followed within 18 months)

The problem is as long as the fed is printing, and borrowing is high, jobs will say high and production will stay high. Therefore earnings will stay healthy.

I think that ER predictions will fall, so that beating the estimates will be easier to do and so markets will continue the final pump before the dump.

I'm currently seeing a reluctance by the media (surprise surprise) to talk about these things in detail to inform Joe Public.

Again, this is all just my opinion. Could be completely wrong, but it doesn't stack up for me. Trump knows the market needs to be at an all time high come election time in order to get a second term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It seems nothing can stop the S&P.

All time highs.

Fed are buying treasuries like they’re going out of fashion.

Billions in overnight Repos.

(None of this is qe apparently).

U. S yields are still high compared to Europe, stocks are going higher, trump has the one percenters back to the max, will probably all end in tears but not for another few years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭antimatterx

And we can’t buy the S&P 500, as we get ****ed with deemed disposable rule

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

And we can’t buy the S&P 500, as we get ****ed with deemed disposable rule

You could just buy BAM, its a modern BRK.A/B, even has a small dividend.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Again, this is all just my opinion. Could be completely wrong, but it doesn't stack up for me. Trump knows the market needs to be at an all time high come election time in order to get a second term.

Good points but I think consumer spending is the main factor in this, they are keeping this market going

Unless there is some change in either getting rid of negative rates (just not having the desired effect) or increase in fiscal spending (to get GDP growth increasing) then the future isn't looking great

Don't think there will be a 08 style crash, but something along the lines of Japanification

That's my broad view but I still think there would be money to be made in stock picking

Good points but I think consumer spending is the main factor in this, they are keeping this market going

Unless there is some change in either getting rid of negative rates (just not having the desired effect) or increase in fiscal spending (to get GDP growth increasing) then the future isn't looking great

Don't think there will be a 08 style crash, but something along the lines of Japanification

That's my broad view but I still think there would be money to be made in stock picking

I agree, but consumer spending will keep going as long as consumers are being paid and sentiment is good, kind of a self fulfilling prophecy which will lead to hyperinflation if the market doesn't burst.

Exciting / interesting times ahead regardless.

Fearful when others are greedy etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Money is free and earnings are still growing for most well run companies. Hyperinflation will be how it ends but dont see it anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

G'wan Ryanair...!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,130 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I hit a limit sell price of €13 earlier thats been up for months and i forgot about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Sold half my Ryanair, not going to be greedy :)

• Advertisement

Any suggestions as to best way to short the S&P from here ? Not interested in TVIX etc.

Advertisement