Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Miles fuel (Topaz/Circle K)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭mikeecho

NO.. Bog standard for me
    Stephen15 wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if Applegreen were looking at introducing their own premium fuel. Judging by the fact that the new pumps for the "Fuelgood" have two petrol and two diesel nozzles each so perhaps the extra nozzles could be eventually used for a premium fuel.

I wonder who will be the first to introduce high ron fuel.
    ( circle k already have higher cetane diesel )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

First time filling up with miles plus. Got it with discount voucher, will keep an eye on it. Got another voucher when I was leaving. Hard to justify 7c difference if I was to buy without a voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

NO.. Bog standard for me
    First time filling up with miles plus. Got it with discount voucher, will keep an eye on it. Got another voucher when I was leaving. Hard to justify 7c difference if I was to buy without a voucher.

What voucher?
    I never got one with my fills :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Atari Jaguar
    mikeecho wrote: »
    Applegreen are just making use of new additives , just like Circle K.

All branded fuel has additives which give better performance than no additives. Applegreen must have concluded that Topaz's advertising was working so they started a similar campaign. It doesn't mean they changed anything in the fuel itself.

NO.. Bog standard for me
    All branded fuel has additives which give better performance than no additives. Applegreen must have concluded that Topaz's advertising was working so they started a similar campaign. It doesn't mean they changed anything in the fuel itself.

would that not be false advertising that could be hugely damaging to them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

vectra wrote: »
    What voucher?
    I never got one with my fills :confused:

It was a promotion in Circle Q near Palmerstown today. I got one leaving as well from the nice guy behind the counter. :D

Atari Jaguar
    would that not be false advertising that could be hugely damaging to them?

What is false exactly?

Their fuel contains an additive which saves you 4c a litre as they advertise.

Same as it did last year except they didn't advertise that fact. Same as all branded fuel has for years.

NO.. Bog standard for me

What is false exactly?

Their fuel contains an additive which saves you 4c a litre as they advertise.

Same as it did last year except they didn't advertise that fact. Same as all branded fuel has for years.

I must have misunderstood you
    I thought you said they were advertising their normal fuel as one with an additive like Miles Plus.

Atari Jaguar
    I thought you said they were advertising their normal fuel as one with an additive like Miles Plus.

They all have additives! That's my point!

None of the brands sell the stuff which Topaz etc. compare with for their 3% extra or 4c less or whatever.

NO.. Bog standard for me
    They all have additives! That's my point!

None of the brands sell the stuff which Topaz etc. compare with for their 3% extra or 4c less or whatever.

I understand they all have additives.
    I would have thought with the announcement that Applegreen may now be putting in an additive to match CircleK Miles Plus.
    I got confused with your post. :D

• Advertisement

NO.. Bog standard for me
    I understand they all have additives.
    I would have thought with the announcement that Applegreen may now be putting in an additive to match CircleK Miles Plus.
    I got confused with your post. :D

They are putting in additives to match the additives in miles petrol & Diesel.

The plus fuel has more additives again.

NO.. Bog standard for me
    So I've been using milesplus for the bones of a year, and i. dumped in some wynns injector cleaner 2 weeks ago...
    Anyway Mrs echo had my car today, and when she came home, I was asked if I had done something to the car.

She said that it felt as if it was in sport mode , even though it was in comfort.

Told her I was using fancy diesel, but she still thought I had upgraded it somehow.

The performance increase has been gradual, but enough for herself to notice.

As much of a believer I was before.
    Now I'm addicted to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭iHungry

NO.. Bog standard for me
    Long term maxol user so my first time filling up the old 5 series with the normal miles fuel and the car was feeling great. More responsive throttle and more torque lower down. We've had this car years so I can tell minute differences with it, it's not the gazebo effect. So then I filled up the work van with the normal miles diesel and it's going better too and one of my colleagues borrowed van and he said it too.

I can't wait to try the miles plus fuels

NO.. Bog standard for me
    iHungry wrote: »
    Long term maxol user so my first time filling up the old 5 series with the normal miles fuel and the car was feeling great. More responsive throttle and more torque lower down. We've had this car years so I can tell minute differences with it, it's not the gazebo effect. So then I filled up the work van with the normal miles diesel and it's going better too and one of my colleagues borrowed van and he said it too.
    I can't wait to try the miles plus fuels
    Applegreen will be rolling out their version of milesPlus soon

20180803_112010.jpg

This will be in conjunction with their current offering of fuelgood / fuel revolution much like topaz/Circle K started with miles, then added milesPlus.

Applegreen are taking out 2nossel pumps and replacing them with 4 nossel pumps, just like Topaz did before they offered the plus fuel.

Whos next on the premium superfuel bandwagon ?
    Edit: My Guess, is that TOP oil will be next to have a super premium fuel, given their recent negotiations with a certain Canadian company , and that companies recently acquired facility

I dont think the demand is there for every station to be offering it.

NO.. Bog standard for me
    Applegreen will be rolling out their version of milesPlus soon

20180803_112010.jpg

This will be in conjunction with their current offering of fuelgood / fuel revolution much like topaz/Circle K started with miles, then added milesPlus.

Applegreen are taking out 2nossel pumps and replacing them with 4 nossel pumps, just like Topaz did before they offered the plus fuel.

Whos next on the premium superfuel bandwagon ?
    Edit: My Guess, is that TOP oil will be next to have a super premium fuel, given their recent negotiations with a certain Canadian company , and that companies recently acquired facility

I dont think the demand is there for every station to be offering it.

Competition is always good.
    Might start a price war :D

NO.. Bog standard for me
    Competition is always good.
    Might start a price war :D

it'll be interesting what performance (RON/Cetane) they (applegreen) claim for their Premium fuels and how much extra they charge.

As for a price war.. i don't think super premium will ever create a price war as its a minority that will buy it

NO.. Bog standard for me
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/canadians-ready-to-pump-millions-into-top-oil-takeover-llv865mcs

Irving Oil, a Canadian group that owns the Whitegate oil refinery in Cork, is finalising a takeover of Top Oil, a fuel group owned by the Reihill family.
    The acquisition of Top, which has a network of 180 filling stations and a large fuel import facility, is likely to be worth hundreds of millions of euros. Sources said talks between Irving and Top had been in train for some time and Irving executives visited facilities around the country in recent months as part of their due diligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

NO.. Bog standard for me
    I don't think there has been much more progress on the return of proper hi octane fuel here, but just to mention have been using Circle K miles plus and the applegreen Powerplus, and it seems to be the powerplus has the edge on Circle K.
    At least that's what I'm confident felt across many fills in my old 1.8T, not sure of any difference in the 1.4TSI yet but I'm just getting used to driving it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭koutoubia

At this stage I wont put anything but Miles Plus in the A6.
    Got stuck a few wheeks back and had to put some Maxol and then some Campus diesel in. Wont do it again.
    Noticeable drop on pick up and mpg on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Maxol now offering Premium Doesel 8c/L more than regular.
    Anyone tried it?

• Advertisement

NO.. Bog standard for me
    ctlsleh wrote: »
    Anyone tried it?

That's news to me.

Any further info ?

NO.. Bog standard for me
    Anyone tried it?

2 weeks later, and you're the only person to comment on Maxol premium Diesel.

....... I'm leaning towards thinking that you made this all up.

What Maxol station did you see selling premium fuel. ?

Any chance you took a pic ?

Any info, greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Filled diesel car with plus(applegreen) and needle never seemed to move

Normal diesel from maxol and needle going down like led ballon

Be going down as low as I can and back to plus

Atari Jaguar
    jeffk wrote: »
    Filled diesel car with plus(applegreen) and needle never seemed to moves

You should have a mechanic take a look because no fuel can even claim to make that much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

You should have a mechanic take a look because no fuel can even claim to make that much difference.

Well its like a phone battery, you cant say for sure, plus maybe id say it was because doing more motorway driving this time

Youd nearly want to work out the same fill to do the same driving with and without plus to be sure

Maybe its just a placebo effect :D

2 weeks later, and you're the only person to comment on Maxol premium Diesel.

....... I'm leaning towards thinking that you made this all up.

What Maxol station did you see selling premium fuel. ?

Any chance you took a pic ?

Any info, greatly appreciated.

Sorry, been away, will take a pic and post, it’s a refurbed station in Ennis

Sorry, been away, will take a pic and post, it’s a refurbed station in Ennis

Here you go.....!!

NO.. Bog standard for me
    Here you go.....!!

A29669-CE-1257-4-BF1-89-F6-81-F5057-F94-A8.jpg

Thanks for that.

No mention of it on their website as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

NO.. Bog standard for me
    spotted this today * fuelgood PowerPlus | Applegreen
    https://www.applegreenstores.com/fuelgood/fuelgood-powerplus/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

Spotted this in Circle K Bray ...

48955098397_4bd7fc91a2_h.jpg

Advertisement