Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2019

Options

Comments

everlast75 wrote: »
    Did anyone else think it was unfair on Dean (who should have gone by the way) to say that the lady said she would pay one pound per lolly? I don't think she said she would, she said she would struggle to pay one pound per lolly. Bit of a difference. He saw it as a negotiation and asked for 1.25, and she declined.

What is the value of 100 rude looking and melting ice lollies when you have a short window to make a profit?

When she said she would struggle to pay a pound he should have countered her with "ok, how about 90 pence each?"

They lost the task by 160-ish quid, if my memory serves me. 100 lollies at 90 pence each would have made the difference 60-70 quid and who knows what difference that could have made to the other sub-teams morale?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭SteM

Did anyone else think it was unfair on Dean (who should have gone by the way) to say that the lady said she would pay one pound per lolly? I don't think she said she would, she said she would struggle to pay one pound per lolly. Bit of a difference. He saw it as a negotiation and asked for 1.25, and she declined.

That's exactly what I thought but he never disagreed anytime anyone broached the subject so I thought I'd picked it up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

It did seem unfair but as @SteM pointed out he didn't seem to disagree at any point or seem very upset when the point was repeatedly raised so maybe there was footage we didn't see where he did pass up on an offer!!!

What I find unforgivable is not taking the other lollies they made as an alternative to offer the lady. When the PM was asked about it on You're Fired he basically said that was a stupid idea!! It seems very arrogant and given how things turned out very foolish.

Also I got he vibe from him on You're Fired that he didn't really accept that he was responsible for loosing the task or even that he had done anything wrong!!!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

seligehgit wrote: »
    He is insufferable and obnoxious beyond belief.The sole mitigating factor is his youth.

He has shown absolutely nothing thus far.

Well yeah, I know, I just think he's funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

What is the value of 100 rude looking and melting ice lollies when you have a short window to make a profit?

When she said she would struggle to pay a pound he should have countered her with "ok, how about 90 pence each?"

They lost the task by 160-ish quid, if my memory serves me. 100 lollies at 90 pence each would have made the difference 60-70 quid and who knows what difference that could have made to the other sub-teams morale?

That whole bit was damned if you do, damned if you dont.

if when she said "I hardly would pay £1 for them" and he accepts it, the feedback from Sugar and co would be that he should have pushed back and tried to get more out of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

"Enchanté" :D
    Ryan-Mark is my favourite so far, what a guy :pac:

The Tory boy head on him, I've added him to my list of people I'd like to punch in the face

crisco10 wrote: »
    That whole bit was damned if you do, damned if you dont.

if when she said "I hardly would pay £1 for them" and he accepts it, the feedback from Sugar and co would be that he should have pushed back and tried to get more out of her.

No the feedback would have been the same. Why did you only spend 11p per lolly when they were meant to be luxury and bespoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

siblers wrote: »
    The cockney lad is brilliant. Rest of them are horrible or robots with no personality

Loving cockney Thomas alright - he will do great in task four when they have to run protection rackets down the Old Kent Road (robbed from another board).

Have the opening credits always been such a complete spoiler? This week they showed one of the three potential firee's taking part in a future task, so it was obvious they wouldn't be fired tonight. And by extension can't be fired until that scene is shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Anyone else follow claude on twitter, if its really him the guy is hilarious :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Jesus that little posh fella is a right pain in the nads

Thomas is the star of the show at the moment he's like the Harry Redknapp of The Apprentice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,174 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Loving cockney Thomas alright - he will do great in task four when they have to run protection rackets down the Old Kent Road (robbed from another board).

Have the opening credits always been such a complete spoiler? This week they showed one of the three potential firee's taking part in a future task, so it was obvious they wouldn't be fired tonight. And by extension can't be fired until that scene is shown.

I always fast forward through it.

Although, I f'n hate spoilers in general

• Registered Users Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Didn't realise it was back already, suppose i didn't miss too much in the first two episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Didn't realise it was back already, suppose i didn't miss too much in the first two episodes.

Not really.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,753 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Interesting sub team lead justification by the Irish girl there. Can't see that going down well if it had been reversed

Jaysus.. The kids are a tough audience :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Jaysus.. The kids are a tough audience :p

Smarter than most of the candidates by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Useless shower. The whole lot of them. Wouldn't employ one of them.

Also some of these girls are seemingly quite rude and dismissive of their male colleagues.

The Irish one is out on her ear anyway. Her strategy for picking sub team lead and then sidelining the marketing expert is going to deservedly sink her.

Ridiculous result there. Both teams should be brought back in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Interesting sub team lead justification by the Irish girl there. Can't see that going down well if it had been reversed

Can’t believe nothing more was made of that. If it was the other way around there would be killings.

Can’t believe nothing more was made of that. If it was the other way around there would be killings.

Yea, I'm amazed that was just glossed over. I can just imagine the reaction if one of the lads had decided the poor girlies needed a man to keep things on track :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The Irish one is a gob****e. Blatant sexism ignored cause it was aimed at a man.

The young very posh gay fella is growing on me. Seemed to show signs of intelligence in today's episode

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I was looking forward to her losing and her being fired for sidelining half of her team for no good reason, and also foregeeting slime, her toy's USP. But Iasha saved her ass

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Souleyman , bet he didn't see that coming

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

3rd episode and its hard to see anyone standing out as a winner here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

There are killings online (twitter) and allot of the rags in the UK are running a story about her being sexist.

I don't think she expected the backlash.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Souleyman , bet he didn't see that coming

LOL at that and Blindside88 thanking it :pac::P

I'm only 15 minutes into last nights episode and i'm already cringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Can't wait for the Irish one to get fired, put a woman in charge to put the lads in their place she says :rolleyes:

And then says in the boardroom it was taken out of context.

Reverse the sexes and Twitter would be on meltdown.

I assume they get very narrow parameters for things like the video. And they can't visit a toyshop to see what a toy for 6-8 year olds look like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I assume they get very narrow parameters for things like the video. And they can't visit a toyshop to see what a toy for 6-8 year olds look like.

plus the PM didn't listen to the woman who actually had a 7 year old kid.

Advertisement