Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

That's epic Cian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

That's a thoroughly enjoyable and effective sports car. Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

tossy wrote: »
    Took the R for a run around Connemara yesterday with some friends, a nice variety of metal (including some Boardsies cars)

God be with the days when this would be followed by 5 pages of whinging over whether this was a boards only event or for a certain 'clique' :P:D
    You'd have to be round here a long time to remember that....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

ba_barabus wrote: »
    God be with the days when this would be followed by 5 pages of whinging over whether this was a boards only event or for a certain 'clique' :P:D

And the retort from the upset party was to organise their own "meet" to which they themselves were the only ones to turn up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

ba_barabus wrote: »

They just felt left out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Old diesel

@Peasant - how is the Ignis working out for you?????.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Said goodbye to this today...

attachment.php?attachmentid=492275&stc=1&d=1570188938

And said hello to this...

attachment.php?attachmentid=492276&stc=1&d=1570188938

attachment.php?attachmentid=492277&stc=1&d=1570188938

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Some bus that....

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bannerman2005

The new car. Audi A6 2L Sline Bl Edition Quattro

C8OFyxbl.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Wailin

Said goodbye to this

And said hello to this...

Nice. What model, 520d? How do you find it compared to the 4?

• Advertisement

Wailin wrote: »
    Nice. What model, 520d? How do you find it compared to the 4?

Yeah just a 520D.
    Had a couple of 5s before the 4 so it's good to be back.
    Found the 4 quite small inside.
    5 is more spacious, nicer interior (I'm into gadgets and electronics), I find it nicer to drive but that's a personal preference.
    Back window visibility out of the 4 was brutal!!
    All in I find it a nicer drive for day to day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Yeah just a 520D.
    Had a couple of 5s before the 4 so it's good to be back.
    Found the 4 quite small inside.
    5 is more spacious, nicer interior (I'm into gadgets and electronics), I find it nicer to drive but that's a personal preference.
    Back window visibility out of the 4 was brutal!!
    All in I find it a nicer drive for day to day.

Non existant more like. Does the 5 have the auto talegate? My favourite feature on our one.

Is the back window visibility better or the same in the coupe as opposed to the GC?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Is the back window visibility better or the same in the coupe as opposed to the GC?

I only drove a 2 door once and can't recall it being too bad.

Non existant more like. Does the 5 have the auto talegate? My favourite feature on our one.

No, it's an option I think, but not on the one I bought, it's a 191 so someone else got to decide on the extras.

Worse in the GC from what I heard but I have kids so never test drove the coupe.

The new car. Audi A6 2L Sline Bl Edition Quattro

Love them in that colour.

Love them in that colour.

Was trying to get either garnet red or misano red. Delighted with the garnet red as its a little big lighter in colour.

Was trying to get either garnet red or misano red. Delighted with the garnet red as its a little big lighter in colour.

I see an avant in that colour around my way regularly, hats off for not going the black, grey or white route.

I see an avant in that colour around my way regularly, hats off for not going the black, grey or white route.

Certainly wouldn't have gone black grey or white. I was looking with a friend at a lovely A5 in Sepang Blue. Now there is a cracking colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

20191004-174438.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Worse in the GC from what I heard but I have kids so never test drove the coupe.

Find it grand in mine but I came from 2 door coupes so used to limited visibility. Rear camera is good and mirrors are good so rear visibility is fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Another one ticked off my automotive bucket list, a lot of time being spent getting rid of the tired oxidized paintwork, few other small jobs to be done. She’s on LPG too, rocking around @ .69 cent a liter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Nothing like the West county for a cheap and cheerful room!:D

That's a beautiful Merc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Truckermal wrote: »
    Nothing like the West county for a cheap and cheerful room!:D

That's a beautiful Merc!

Cheers 😂, I’m currently annoying myself looking at monoblocks for it.

It Was very tired when I got it 1st, few more pics;

• Registered Users Posts: 15,514 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I Was VB wrote: »
    Another one ticked off my automotive bucket list, a lot of time being spent getting rid of the tired oxidized paintwork, few other small jobs to be done. She’s on LPG too, rocking around @ .69 cent a liter.

Great job,
    That car looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Old diesel wrote: »
    @Peasant - how is the Ignis working out for you?????.

Working out really well, still very happy with it.
    Recently changed jobs and now get to do 70 km a day over the narrowest and bendiest country roads imaginable...it's perfect for those conditions, especially with the 4WD, you can actually boot it if you want.

Fuel consumption has gone down from 5.8l/100 km on short trips to 5.3 on the longer trips now. Nothing has gone wrong with it yet and the first dealer service cost me a grand total of 172 Euro :D

Everything is positive about it...too much to list, but I do have a few very minor niggles (nothing is perfect)

Reverse gear isn't synchronised (cost saving I guess) and every now and then reverse will only go in with a nasty scraping sound or on the second try.

Auto lights are very sensitive and come on at the slightest dimming of the surroundings (bridges, some trees, etc) and at this time of year I have to switch full lights on or people think I'm flashing them.
    Furthermore, instrument lights are on a different sensor. They darken from full brightness once full lights come on (night setting) but then realise that it isn't completely dark yet and get bright again..bit of disco on the dashboard.

Switching the radio/infotainment to off is a bit of a faff and takes several steps...there is no off button

Other than that...for my purposes...so far one of the best cars I've had (considering price and running costs and all that). I still approach it with a smile and like driving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Finally after 2.5 years I did something with the Skyline... Genuine GTR front on, along with my wheels and then mocked up the rear quarters and doors :D

V8 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1.6 on de book!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement