Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA , after shaving nicely to go out for the AI, all I can feel is the bit under my lip I missed !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

That I didn't know gtts stands for drops, in a recipe or preparation. Was going to post it in the bet-you-didn't-know thread but ta I can't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

That I didn't know gtts stands for drops, in a recipe or preparation. Was going to post it in the bet-you-didn't-know thread but ta I can't find it.
    Why though? Wouldn't it just be easier to use drops? It's only one more letter.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Why though? Wouldn't it just be easier to use drops? It's only one more letter.

That's that real ta for me. I still do not know what gtts means, or why use it, only what it stands for. Yet another thing I should google...after "why is my fridge defrosting erratically"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That's that real ta for me. I still do not know what gtts means, or why use it, only what it stands for. Yet another thing I should google...after "why is my fridge defrosting erratically"

Just googled it , from the Latin word Guttae , meaning drops , if that's of any help .

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Just googled it , from the Latin word Guttae , meaning drops , if that's of any help .

Thanks Mam. Somehow I respect it more now 'cause it's Latin :D

I guess the endless list of things I wonder about but should just google is a ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

TA is the sneaky hangover. Was ok until 6 this evening and then it kicked in. Its not quite Defcon 1 but I'm not exactly skipping around either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The Glitch hitting the where are you now? thread :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭gifted

Awake....again...ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

The fact that the news for the next week (at the very least) will be dominated by the Dubs 5 in a row and Brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

shells of pistachio nuts that are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People that dont answer your FB texts.Are the same ones that want an answer straight away when they text you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Now it's a TA to see both sexes having to tug at their skinny jeans all the time

I saw a Japanese looking young fella walking down the street in skinny ripped jeans last week and I despaired for the future of the human race. He looked so ridiculous.

Mind you I was on my way back from soccer in shorts, astro turf boots and a twenty year old soccer jersey, so he may have thought the same of me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Opened new packet of digestive biscuits. Biscuits not their usual crunchy selves. Looked at the packet. Seam down the side after parting. Now it's a race against time before they go right soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bit into a fun size Twix and part of my tooth broke off. The centre already contains a filling. No pain but will ring dentist first thing in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Ive done a load of dishes.

Yet more dishes still need to be washed.

When people take/use your things without asking you and then don’t leave them how/where they found them, and THEN have the cheek to act like you’re some kind of psycho for getting pissed off about the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Seeing the bulk of disabled parking spaces outside any store or government building empty

A third of people are not disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Your Face wrote: »
    Ive done a load of dishes.

Yet more dishes still need to be washed.

Welcome to my world.I seem to have constant dishes,pans and pots.Pain in me hole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Seeing the bulk of disabled parking spaces outside any store or government building empty

Tell me where these are. I often have to do several laps of our shopping centre to find one if I arrive there any time after 10am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The dull, drizzly weather, I think it'll drive me to drink.

The dull, drizzly weather, I think it'll drive me to drink.

Great excuse, cloudy and humid here,drink it is so .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mad_maxx wrote: »

If you mean that it's an indication that they don't employ disabled people, I'd counter that by saying that it could indicate that not all disabled people working there drive to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Great excuse, cloudy and humid here,drink it is so .

There's a lot of different weathers that tA me to drink - sunny, windy, overcast, dry, snow, frost, hot, cold etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being forced to help sib set up his new phone.
    It would be far far far easier to set up nuclear launch code in klingon.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The fact that this site can't seem to handle a Euro symbol, instead inserting 2 random characters.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It can't deal with fádas, either...

EDIT: I stand corrected. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

NIMAN wrote: »
    The fact that this site can't seem to handle a Euro symbol, instead inserting 2 random characters.

€ :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,587 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Prolonged hiccups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

When you go for a spa day and the sandals they provide are only suitable for folks with tiny feet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement