Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

We've only 6 days from Cheetahs to Ospreys and that involves pretty much 2 days traveling home if they go the same way as last time ie via Dubai. Get home late Monday, fly to Wales Thursday. Will see huge rotation for that fixture I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

To use a phrase often used to discuss Schmidt's decisions, we don't see what happens in training. The management must have felt they needed a reinforcement and the IRFU, who aren't against telling provinces No, agreed.

It also pre-empts any possible injuries to the four RWC players.

We also don't know (yet) if other senior/academy players are injured.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It baffles me why they need these signing.....

Bit of deja vu here, but what positions do you think it would be acceptable for Munster to sign an NIQ?

Personally, I think the signing makes some sense and is a result of both Kleyn and Beirne making the RWC squad.

Add to that JOD, TOD and Oliver have had their injury issues in from the back-row too. We could see Wycherly covering 6 which he did a number of times last season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Burkie1203 wrote: »

No PJ in the traveling squad, so they can take Friday off now.
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/476896/london-irish-confirm-squad-for-munster-rugby-friendly.html

London Irish squad:
    1. Harry Elrington / Will Goodrick-Clarke
    2. Dave Porecki / Ross McMillan*
    3. Lovejoy Chawatama / Patric Cilliers
    4. Chunya Munga / Barney Maddison ©
    5. Franco van der Merwe © / Sam Collingridge
    6. George Nott / Ben Donnell
    7. Conor Gilsenan / Blair Cowan
    8. Matt Rogerson / Izaiha Moore-Aione
    9. Rory Brand / Scott Steele
    10. Stephen Myler / Jacob Atkins
    11. / 14. Ollie Hassell-Collins / Ben Loader / Tom Fowlie
    12. Terrence Hepetema / Matt Williams
    13. Curtis Rona / Brendan Macken
    15. Tom Parton / Will Partington

aloooof wrote: »
    Bit of deja vu here, but what positions do you think it would be acceptable for Munster to sign an NIQ?

Personally, I think the signing makes some sense and is a result of both Kleyn and Beirne making the RWC squad.

Add to that JOD, TOD and Oliver have had their injury issues in from the back-row too. We could see Wycherly covering 6 which he did a number of times last season.

It needs to be remembered also that the A team are involved in the Celtic Cup until Oct 4th when the senior squad will be in SA. So most academy players won't be available to the senior squad until round 4 of the Pro14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Good to see Cronin back in the mix. Hasn't featured since December 2018. https://mobile.twitter.com/Munsterrugby/status/1171386004709761024

No PJ in the traveling squad, so they can take Friday off now.
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/476896/london-irish-confirm-squad-for-munster-rugby-friendly.html

London Irish squad:
    1. Harry Elrington / Will Goodrick-Clarke
    2. Dave Porecki / Ross McMillan*
    3. Lovejoy Chawatama / Patric Cilliers
    4. Chunya Munga / Barney Maddison ©
    5. Franco van der Merwe © / Sam Collingridge
    6. George Nott / Ben Donnell
    7. Conor Gilsenan / Blair Cowan
    8. Matt Rogerson / Izaiha Moore-Aione
    9. Rory Brand / Scott Steele
    10. Stephen Myler / Jacob Atkins
    11. / 14. Ollie Hassell-Collins / Ben Loader / Tom Fowlie
    12. Terrence Hepetema / Matt Williams
    13. Curtis Rona / Brendan Macken
    15. Tom Parton / Will Partington

Protest is going ahead. They're protesting his signing. They did similarly at Connacht last season

Caranica wrote: »
    Protest is going ahead. They're protesting his signing. They did similarly at Connacht last season

Maybe they should head over to Reading then..........

Maybe they should head over to Reading then..........

Don't shoot the messenger. I was delivering the news that people attending the game need to know ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Don't shoot the messenger. I was delivering the news that people attending the game need to know ;)

or perhaps don't need to know?

• Advertisement

or perhaps don't need to know?

Potential delays at the stadium? Why would you not want to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Potential delays? Are you having a giraffe!? :pac:

carefulnow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,610 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Considering the protests at Ravenhill at the first game post court case, when the social media storm was at full tilt, only gathered a crowd of around 50 people if even, I doubt there'll be any sort of delay or even noticeable presence of protestors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

You should take your agenda to another forum....one that caters for those who exist in a world entirely constructed of thoughtless and foolish hate. Like those two cretins who got sued for lying and defaming Jackson's father.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Team out. TB captains. 8 Academy players in mix. https://mobile.twitter.com/Munsterrugby/status/1172126721044295680

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Munster: Darren Sweetnam; Calvin Nash, Sammy Arnold, Dan Goggin, Liam Coombes; Tyler Bleyendaal (C), Neil Cronin; Jeremy Loughman, Kevin O’Byrne, Keynan Knox; Darren O’Shea, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Donoghue, John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Can't remember Sweetnam playing FB too often before. Nice mix there tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

aloooof wrote: »
    Munster: Darren Sweetnam; Calvin Nash, Sammy Arnold, Dan Goggin, Liam Coombes; Tyler Bleyendaal (C), Neil Cronin; Jeremy Loughman, Kevin O’Byrne, Keynan Knox; Darren O’Shea, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Donoghue, John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Can't remember Sweetnam playing FB too often before. Nice mix there tho.

I'm not sure that he has but i've always thought he could have the makings of a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    I'm not sure that he has but i've always thought he could have the makings of a good one.

I seem to remember him playing fullback for the U20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Alex McHenry replaces Sammy Arnold in the side initially announced. Hopefully that's not an injury to Sammy

Subs:
    Diarmuid Barron, James Cronin, Peter McCabe, Stephen Archer, Thomas Ahern, Seán O’Connor, Arno Botha, Tommy O’Donnell, Jack O’Sullivan, Craig Casey, Nick McCarthy, JJ Hanrahan, Ben Healy, Shane Daly, Rory Scannell, Mike Haley.

Peter McCabe named despite not having a contract, no Paddy Butler though.

Would like to see Craig Casey get a bit of Pro14 gametime this year, probably got a senior contract quicker than most after Leinster approached him last season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPu1GnXWPw0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

mogwai81 wrote: »
    I seem to remember him playing fullback for the U20's.

He was a fullback in the academy, changed to wing when played senior as far as I can recall.

Reasonably good at it too by some accounts.
    https://www.the42.ie/darren-sweetnam-rugby-munster-575736-Aug2012/?utm_source=thescore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Really keen to get a good look at Jack O'Sullivan.

Was an unbelievable talent at Under 20s. Himself and Doris were ball carrying machines.

Given they were on the same trajectory and Doris has bagged himself 16 senior caps and a contract in a very competitive back row I would have high hopes for O'Sullivan this year

A lot to be excited about in that lineup. Keynan Knox getting a run at tighthead, it's rare that someone gets a senior contract (though he's still in the academy for this season) without even appearing in the Pro14/Europe. John Hodnett fit and available in what should be a big few weeks for him with POM and Stander away. Calvin Nash who had a bit of a lost season in 2018/19 gets an opportunity.

I assume Munster are doing Paddy Butler a good turn by allowing him to join training and hopefully he gets a job somewhere. With Holloway arriving for the Pro14 I don't see a need to sign Butler.

Peter McCabe is getting a run as I assume Brian Scott and Ciaran Parker are both still unavailable.

Paddy Butler is on the bench in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Goggin powers his way over with the first try, great sideline conversion from Tyler too.

7-0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

Paddy Butler is on the bench in the end!

Is he back ?! I knew he left Pau, but heard nothing about him and Munster.

Edit: just read thomonds post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Munster running away with it in the 2nd half.
    31-5 with 15 minutes left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭shootermacg

45-5 at the end, nice run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭shootermacg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Josser set for a breakout year

Advertisement