Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

I'd be up for Dromoland super course and the scene of my only ever Boards win so far.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

if I play anything on the Friday it will be Dromoland

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

davegilly wrote: »
    Adores open is of a Tuesday

I know that, just pay a green fee

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

A few of us have mentioned open in dromoland also. How many are playing adare?

Have fond memories of 2017 killarney weekend when we played dromoland on the friday. So i am a definite for Dromoland Double, hopefully it will help rekindle some possitive golfing vibes;).

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

I might join ye in NCW
    Looking at the Newcastle West gc site and it looks good. Myself,Golf Nut and Golfhead 65 going down early on Friday sure thats six of us we could deffo do an interesting Sweep. We have also now booked our own accomodation for the 2 nights in the Kilarney inn:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

Hi seve

Just checking is my name still on a room for the Saturday if not don’t worry, sure we can catch up next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Hi Folks, a pal of mine is mad to join the Boards society but he cannot register on the Boards website, does anyone know if there is an issue???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

slave1 wrote: »
    CharlieIRL and I are playing Newcastle West on the Friday on the way down and Ballyneety on the Sunday on the way back (Open)

I just booked Newcastle West on the Friday at 2.30 for CharlieIRL and myself if anyone want's to pop along.

Ballyneety can't be booked yet as they have not released the dates on BRS

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gmur1894

Hi Folks, a pal of mine is mad to join the Boards society but he cannot register on the Boards website, does anyone know if there is an issue???
    Hi lads. After a bit of a delay the system allowed me to sign up. I would like to join the golf society but will not be able to make the outing in Carlow. However i am planing to get to the outing in Dooks. Thanks to Kingswood Rover for the advise and offering to pay my membership fee at the Carlow outing if it is required. Regards Gmur1894

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

OK folks, I've booked 2 lines in Dromoland for the open on Friday 20th, at 2:30 & 2.40 (earliest available afternoon times)

That'll cover 2 4-balls of golfers (but can go out in 3-balls no problem)

Can people let me know if they want in on one of those slots?

• Advertisement

I'm in Space

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

OK folks, I've booked 2 lines in Dromoland for the open on Friday 20th, at 2:30 & 2.40 (earliest available afternoon times)

That'll cover 2 4-balls of golfers (but can go out in 3-balls no problem)

Can people let me know if they want in on one of those slots?

Count me in

Space count me in

So that's:
    Me
    Benny
    Doublecross
    The champ

Still have a full open line for any other takers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

benny79 wrote: »
    I'm in Space

Hi.

qqx487t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

I'll be there space.

Seve OB wrote: »
    no probs champ will stick your name on a room, still a couple of spots left I think if anyone else wants

Hi Seve

Sorry I didn’t catch you at the last outing , I’ll sort my own accommodation

Thanks
    The Champ

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

just one space for Saturday night

need to confirm with everyone please and sort payments out by next outing.

If there's a room left I'll take it Seve. Will transfer the money to you asap. Thanks.

sorry guys, I've just been up to my eyes in work, haven't looked at the room situation at all.
    I'll review over the next couple of days and update.

Is there any interest if I make the booking for 2 nights instead of just the one and head down on the Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

I couldn’t make the Friday unfortunately Seve

• Advertisement

sorry guys, I've just been up to my eyes in work, haven't looked at the room situation at all.
    I'll review over the next couple of days and update.

Is there any interest if I make the booking for 2 nights instead of just the one and head down on the Friday?

I had provisionally booked a cheap enough small place a couple of minutes drive from dooks for the Friday night.

Have it free to cancel on booking.com at the moment.

I'm happy enough to switch to your place though seve if it suits people for a room share.

BTW, you interested in Dromoland on the Froday afternoon?

I had provisionally booked a cheap enough small place a couple of minutes drive from dooks for the Friday night.

Have it free to cancel on booking.com at the moment.

I'm happy enough to switch to your place though seve if it suits people for a room share.

BTW, you interested in Dromoland on the Froday afternoon?

yes i'm interested but can't commit just yet due to work. i'll definitely be going down on the Friday, but just might not be early enough to play golf. :(

maybe nearer Dooks is a better option for the Friday, where have you booked?

yes i'm interested but can't commit just yet due to work. i'll definitely be going down on the Friday, but just might not be early enough to play golf. :(

maybe nearer Dooks is a better option for the Friday, where have you booked?

Have a twin room booked in place called the Kerry Ocean Lodge. You're welcome to the second bed

I'll stay 2 nights if your booking somewhere Seve!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Have a twin room booked in place called the Kerry Ocean Lodge. You're welcome to the second bed

Be careful, people might start talking

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think i'll have to take my name out of the Dooks trip. Work have booked me in a training course in the UK that week, and i don't think i'll be back in time. I had my name down for a hotel room as well Seve, so if i can take my name off the list, that'd be great. If not, i'll still cover the costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Seve any sign of an updated GOTY ?

Seve any sign of an updated GOTY ?

Sorry, I was doing the cards the other day and left them in work! :(
    Will finish them on Monday

Drum roll please...….
    this is it, the penultimate GOTY table.
    Slave is still at the top and surely looks to be favourite to take home the GOTY prize. Mathematically though (with the exception of pakman & Golfgraffix) anyone of the top 8 can still win the trophy so there is still a lot to play for in Dooks where the Atlantic breeze might play it's part in deciding the victor.
    As for my own prospects, I think I require an actual shotgun start to take out all of yis! Although I did finally almost put a round together on Saturday gone in the Captains Prize in Castleknock and came home in 3rd spot. A disastrous 8 on the par 3 11th (my 6th hole) cost me big time and left me chasing my tail. But it does leave me thinking, I can win the next Captains...…. so roll on Dooks :)

489719.jpg

• Advertisement

Sorry folks I've been up to my eyes with work recently and haven't had a chance to follow up on hotel. As it happens, a lady rang me just before lunch from the hotel, I think she was worried we are a stag party!

Anyway I told her a few of us might stay on the Friday also so she is boxing a few rooms off for us. She has asked me to make a single up front payment which is best all round, saves a lot of hassle, so I will sort that out and I can pass my bank details to you guys for transfers. I need to confirm with her by tomorrow.

So as it stands, this is what I have for rooms. Who is on for Friday? I'll try contact you all individually shortly to confirm as I know you won't always be on boards 24/7. Actually might just do a whats app group to make it easy.

Friday Night Saturday Night
    Seve OB WGC Seve OB WGC
    Benny 79 Brian Rossiter Benny 79 Brian Rossiter
    FixdePitchmark Spacecoyote FixdePitchmark Spacecoyote
    Roadrunner Big Chap
    ThecHamp26 Pakman
    a post punk Ballyk
    Offaly Medic

Advertisement