Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options
1323324325326327329»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Probably be charged at collection.
    I hope not. I'll probably ring them tomorrow to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Suckit wrote: »
    I swapped two games - both were Monster Hunter Ultimate Generations.

The first day, I wasn't charged anything for Astral Chain and he gave me a receipt and credited the card he gave me.

Today I was charged €10 for Links Awakening.

So I am not sure which one was wrong.
    Did the first guy forget to charge me, or will I get charged again for the 2nd trade?

The €10 one sounds like the correct charge as the deal is 'Trade in for a new game for €10' which applies irrespective of the value of the new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

I was told by the salesperson that if I had bought a game that cost €70, then i would have paid an extra tenner.

Anyway, it seems there is a general lack of misinformation from Gamestop regarding this promotion, i.e., whether it was still active, how much needs to be paid when picking up the games, etc..

Even if I have to pay an extra €10 for each game, I'm still thrilled with the bargain I got.

I was also told Breath of the Wild 2 was on the list, but is not out until next year so I didn't go for that. I asked could I change my mind later and I was told yes. I am unsure whether or not to get Luigi's Mansion instead of Links awakening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Mario + Rabbids Donkey Kong DLC is reduced to €11.99 on the eStore. Handy for those that just have the base game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

tbahh wrote: »
    I was told by the salesperson that if I had bought a game that cost €70, then i would have paid an extra tenner.

Anyway, it seems there is a general lack of misinformation from Gamestop regarding this promotion, i.e., whether it was still active, how much needs to be paid when picking up the games, etc..

Even if I have to pay an extra €10 for each game, I'm still thrilled with the bargain I got.

Basically the trade is in worth the (cost of the game) - €10
    The trick is to order a PS4 game for €70 so you get €60 credit instead of a Switch game (which gives you 60-10=50 credit)
    Then you change your mind and move the credit to a Switch game for €60

I know this now.
    I'm €10 down :D
    Off to Dundrum now for my Astral Chain!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just collected mine from GS in Swords, here's hoping it is as awesome as it seems, or it'll be back to Netflix with a side order of Picross for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Have the CE ordered. Won't be able to pick up my copy until tomorrow though.

Traded a copy of Little Dragon Cafe I bought for €20 in Argos against it, just another €30 to pay off.

• Advertisement

I have Astral Chain to collect today too, but I don't think I will make it back in time this evening, is it possible to collect it tomorrow does anyone know?
    I remeber he said it will only be held for XX amount of time, but I can't remember if he said 12, 24 or 48 hours.. :o

Gamestop said 48 hours to me yesterday. You didn't say what shop. I think Smyths is 48 hours too.

Banjo wrote: »
    Gamestop said 48 hours to me yesterday. You didn't say what shop. I think Smyths is 48 hours too.

Thanks, the one in Swords Pavilions I ordered Astral Chain from, I ordered Links Awakening in Drogheda, but not sure when that is out.

I do not even have the receipt with me so I can't check that. But I was going to change to Luigis Haunted Mansion (Guy in shop said I could), as it seems a better deal if Astral Chain is £40 on amazon.
    But would like to get it too..

Ohh.... the heartache of which game to play :D

Hold is supposed to be 48 hours for level 1 & 2 card holders and 72 hours for level 3+.

Well lah dee dah. They don't tell us level 1s that.

Well lah dee dah. They don't tell us level 1s that.

All you need really, not worth paying for level 3 especially now GameStop have gutted Game Informer. All well and good if you spent enough to get there for free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Hold is supposed to be 48 hours for level 1 & 2 card holders and 72 hours for level 3+.

If it's paid for they can't sell it to someone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement