Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churchfields, Ashbourne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LauraMarieA

Hi,

I am wondering does anyone know if cairn are willing to give you an allowance for tiles rather than getting the standard ones?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Hi,

I am wondering does anyone know if cairn are willing to give you an allowance for tiles rather than getting the standard ones?

Thanks

I'm not sure if there was an allowance given, but I have heard of someone buying their own tiles directly and getting the tilers to install them instead of the standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jbryc04

Hi there

I have just bought a house to be ready in June its a 3 bed terrace - I'm currently looking around for quotes for blinds and flooring - can I be cheeky and ask if anyone has the measurements from when they did theirs - its only for quotes wont be using it to purchase anything i will get it measured when we get into the house.

Also if anyone as any guidance or tips from when they purchased they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

Join the Facebook page. Mountains and mountains of info on it!
    Found it very helpful when moving in. Still do!
    Welcome!
    jbryc04 wrote: »
    Hi there

I have just bought a house to be ready in June its a 3 bed terrace - I'm currently looking around for quotes for blinds and flooring - can I be cheeky and ask if anyone has the measurements from when they did theirs - its only for quotes wont be using it to purchase anything i will get it measured when we get into the house.

Also if anyone as any guidance or tips from when they purchased they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

calum wrote: »
    I stand corrected, apparently Túath have acquired 33 units for social housing in the new part of the estate.
    https://www.tuathhousing.ie/development/case-studies/

Anyone know which houses are earmarked Phase 2A or 2B? Is it a row on a road or spread independently within the estate in the new part?

Heading up the weekend to view the show house, etc and from reading this thread a lot of positive posts around Churchfields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 jbryc04

Anyone know which houses are earmarked Phase 2A or 2B? Is it a row on a road or spread independently within the estate in the new part?

Heading up the weekend to view the show house, etc and from reading this thread a lot of positive posts around Churchfields.

Hey

We asked the question and were told under GDPR they could not give out the details of where they are but they have to be spaced out throughout the development not in once section

Hey

We asked the question and were told under GDPR they could not give out the details of where they are but they have to be spaced out throughout the development not in once section

GDPR my arse that is not personal data whether a house is in private or public ownership. The main thing is that they do space them out. I am heading up Saturday to view both 3 & 4 Bed Semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

GDPR doesn't apply here. They won't disclose this out of fear that people might not buy around the social houses. Personally, i didn't care. I mean why would someone be so bothered. Social housing is part of Irish culture. I bought the house without asking this question.

Hey

Nice visit to see 3 & 4 bed show houses today. You have a lovely spacious & beautiful estate. Had a good stroll around the playground & area around show homes. The estate is well spaced out with houses not on top of each other.

Couple of interesting points and boardsie may answer them.

No footpaths outside the houses.
    Are these houses in Phase 2A or 2B?
    How is the noise between neighbors/houses?
    We are considering 4 Bed on The Green, any advice?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

The lack of footpaths is a nightmare to be honest.
    As far as I know that wasn’t clear to those who bought on that/those roads.
    Very quiet estate. Have no noise complaints myself. Without looking to see where the green is, the house size it’s self is fantastic. I’m in a 4 bed and am very happy with it.
    Nice visit to see 3 & 4 bed show houses today. You have a lovely spacious & beautiful estate. Had a good stroll around the playground & area around show homes. The estate is well spaced out with houses not on top of each other.

Couple of interesting points and boardsie may answer them.

No footpaths outside the houses.
    Are these houses in Phase 2A or 2B?
    How is the noise between neighbors/houses?
    We are considering 4 Bed on The Green, any advice?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 WindowWaver

The houses in the Green look really nice.
    With the green to the front it adds a nice feel of extra space.
    I did however notice the brick in those houses is already showing signs of white coming through.
    I know if you google it, it comes up as 'efflorescence' but speaking to a few pals last week they said it could be something more.

The houses with no footpaths are mad. How Cairn got away with that I will never know.
    I'd fear for anyone selling their homes in the future. Think about it, 2 houses for sale, one has no footpath the other does.
    Who is gonna want a house with no footpath?

You can't charge extra for a footpath.

Otherwise amazing estate, lovely people, close to everything and you are minutes away from the city and countryside.

You'll love it!!

I did however notice the brick in those houses is already showing signs of white coming through.
    I know if you google it, it comes up as 'efflorescence' but speaking to a few pals last week they said it could be something more.

The same brick is used earlier in the estate, close to the bridge. I think they've been there nearly two years now, so you could take a look at those to see how they compare...

Evening All

Few questions below on the day to day stuff in relation to the new houses that someone may be kind enough to reply to in their own time.

1. Broadband, how good, reliable, speed, etc for likes of Netflix, usual family life iPad, etc & IPTV streaming? Who is better Eir or Virgin for estate?

2. Boring stuff bin provider and collection all ok?

3. Creche is operating from Portacabins, any family with toddler in the facility? Feedback good or bad?

4. I have been in the estate at night time 7.30ish during the week, all seemed very quiet, few people out walking. The lighting and general area all ok?

5. Anyone on the Bus Eireann or Ashbourne Connect into Dublin on a daily basis, if so reliability good or bad?

6. Any additional nuggets of information on estate that you wish to share to a possible buyer? Trying to decide on moving from Dublin to Ashbourne and going to view show homes again tomorrow. We will also be looking at Archerstown new builds.

Evening All

Few questions below on the day to day stuff in relation to the new houses that someone may be kind enough to reply to in their own time.

1. Broadband, how good, reliable, speed, etc for likes of Netflix, usual family life iPad, etc & IPTV streaming? Who is better Eir or Virgin for estate?

2. Boring stuff bin provider and collection all ok?

3. Creche is operating from Portacabins, any family with toddler in the facility? Feedback good or bad?

4. I have been in the estate at night time 7.30ish during the week, all seemed very quiet, few people out walking. The lighting and general area all ok?

5. Anyone on the Bus Eireann or Ashbourne Connect into Dublin on a daily basis, if so reliability good or bad?

6. Any additional nuggets of information on estate that you wish to share to a possible buyer? Trying to decide on moving from Dublin to Ashbourne and going to view show homes again tomorrow. We will also be looking at Archerstown new builds.

1. Have virgin, it works perfectly fine for gaming, Netflix etc. The same as any other place I've lived.
    2. Thornton's are great. They do a flat fee per month, or pay per lift. Panda are also around but don't know the details.
    3. Can't help you there.
    4. That's generally how it is must of the time day and night. Very quiet. Lots of walkers and kids about during the day too, but never looked or bothersome.
    5. Ash connect us great. Into the city in about 30 mins reliably, save for major traffic issues.
    6. We were originally looking at millbourne and then archerstown. Neither come close to the standard of what you're getting in Churchfields.

We are here about six months, from South Dublin. Wouldn't change a thing!

tusk wrote: »
    1. Have virgin, it works perfectly fine for gaming, Netflix etc. The same as any other place I've lived.
    2. Thornton's are great. They do a flat fee per month, or pay per lift. Panda are also around but don't know the details.
    3. Can't help you there.
    4. That's generally how it is must of the time day and night. Very quiet. Lots of walkers and kids about during the day too, but never looked or bothersome.
    5. Ash connect us great. Into the city in about 30 mins reliably, save for major traffic issues.
    6. We were originally looking at millbourne and then archerstown. Neither come close to the standard of what you're getting in Churchfields.

We are here about six months, from South Dublin. Wouldn't change a thing!

Tusk, thanks for taking time to reply. Move from South Dublin well done. We are North Dublin so the possible change of location not too extreme. We both work in Dublin City Centre near Quays so the bus options to Ashbourne look decent plus we both drive.

Is the walk in from Bus Stop along the road all good?

Good to know about the quality of the houses and that you also looked at different options. We are probably in the same position as you months back looking at as much as possible then making that big decision.

Heading up again today and to Archerstown via Hollywoodrath, the finish on Churchfields does look visually more impressive. Plus, I have heard good reports in relation to the builder, if any snag does occur after you move into the house.

Did anything crop up after you purchased or moved in that you didn’t notice at time with selling agent that you would advise?

The bus stops at AIB or at the start of castle street, just beside Aldi, so the walk is fine.

In terms of the builder, once they are still on site, they are quite happy to come back around to the finished houses if anything happens. We had them back a couple of times for some minor bits and bobs and they sorted them quick and without hassle.

Nothing major unexpected has happened tbh. There are some areas outside some of the estates which don't have paths, a lot of the residents weren't made aware of this before booking and putting down a deposit. That's the only thing that really comes to mind. You can check on the planning website to get all of the drawings to make sure what you're looking at is exactly as you expect.

Morning All,

Thanks for those who given us information, tips, advice and for all the previous information on this thread. We put our deposit down for 4 Bed Semi D. It's built so just waiting to push through the sale of our own place and finalise all the legal mumbo jumbo!

Morning All,

Thanks for those who given us information, tips, advice and for all the previous information on this thread. We put our deposit down for 4 Bed Semi D. It's built so just waiting to push through the sale of our own place and finalise all the legal mumbo jumbo!

Congrats! You'll love it once you're in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mtk2018

Hi all
    Bumping this post up to see if there ye good men and women can share some recent information? I am also viewing the new builds in churchfields and wanted to ask what the place is like in terms of safety and security

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Mtk2018 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Bumping this post up to see if there ye good men and women can share some recent information? I am also viewing the new builds in churchfields and wanted to ask what the place is like in terms of safety and security
    I've lived in the original houses at the graveyard end for 10 years or so, so can't speak to exactly what it's like down at the new end, but on the whole there haven't been many problems. Occasionally you'll hear of a couple of burglaries or car break-ins, usually as the sort of people who do that sort of thing pass through from Dublin on their way further north, but they tend to target neighbouring Garden City / Crestwood more than Churchfields.

Speeding on the main road in/out has become a little bit of an issue since they pulled up the speed bumps recently amidst claims they were damaging people's cars, but otherwise, the odd group of kids drinking in and around the graveyard is usually about as bad as it gets, up this end at least.

• Advertisement

We're in just over six months and nothing dodgy has happened so far. It's nice that the estate is basically one big cul de sac with only one way in and out, so it's a lot safer than estates with multiple ways in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭uli84

hi, considering buying and i'd like to ask what is the level of the mngt fee in this estate? also what is that 2A/2B thing? I don't quite understand that.
    thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

uli84 wrote: »
    hi, considering buying and i'd like to ask what is the level of the mngt fee in this estate? also what is that 2A/2B thing? I don't quite understand that.
    thank you!

Hi there, not sure about the 2A/2B part but it varies slightly depending on the house type and will potentially be higher for the apartments at Churchfield Crescent. For the majority of the houses it's around the €230 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shee7

Hi folks

Apologies if this has been asked already.

Just wondering if anyone had issues getting home insurance as relates to flooding?

Tried to get a quote there from a major provider (via the mortgage provider) and when the agent typed in Churchfields they were getting a "flood zone" warning on their side. Said agent is following up and will contact me next week.

Anyone had a similar experience? likewise would anyone recommend a particular home insurer?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Shee7 wrote: »
    Anyone had a similar experience? likewise would anyone recommend a particular home insurer?
    I've had my Churchfields home insurance with Aviva for years, and never had a problem. But I'm in the original development, which possibly doesn't count as being on the flood plain. (To my recollection the river has never flooded within the estate in the 10 years I've been in... the road into the estate has certainly flooded a few times, but that was just down to insufficient drainage iirc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shee7

Thanks for the info, hopefully it won't be an issue.

After a little research, a detailed look at the last flood is here:

http://alantobin.ie/news/ashbourne/ashbourne-district-flooding-report

Looks like the area near the main road turn off to Churchfields at first glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Spartacus91

Random question.. does anyone know whether getting a super king bed up the stairs and into the 3 bed houses is possible?

Random question.. does anyone know whether getting a super king bed up the stairs and into the 3 bed houses is possible?

I've seen people say it's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Spartacus91

tusk wrote: »
    I've seen people say it's fine

Great thanks.

• Advertisement

Morning, would anyone like to PM me referral link for Thornton’s getting keys during the week so starting to organize few things for the house? Thanks

Advertisement