Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share your philosophy of life here - light hearted of course!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

always remember that nomatter who you are your boss will replace you in a heartbeat .

noone is irriplacable

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

living simply so others can simply live..not backing away when others are being ill treated or bullied.. facing trouble not running away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Nothing personal.

It's business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

I don't think you understand what philosophy means at all man, why did you tell people your 'achievements' in the middle of saying what your philosophy is?
    If someone says 'A contributing member of society' I can see where they're going, what a weird phrase?, I've never used it in my 35 years on earth, but as I understand it, it's used by people who hate the welfare state and think all people who don't pay income tax are 'not citizens', it was quite popular in Europe in the 30s

I know exactly what philosophy means, son.

I don’t think you understand what light-hearted means.

PS. See point 1 on my original list ..... “don’t be a dickhaed” :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

FFred wrote: »
    I know exactly what philosophy means, son.

I don’t think you understand what light-hearted means.

PS. See point 1 on my original list ..... “don’t be a dickhaed” :pac:

Well, I also wondered why you regaled us with all your fantastic attributes.
    I also found the "contributing member of society" bit jarring and rather telling.
    I wasn't going to comment on these things until you called another poster, "son" and then went on to say "don't be a dickhaed".
    The irony!

• Advertisement

Well, I also wondered why you regaled us with all your fantastic attributes.
    I also found the "contributing member of society" bit jarring and rather telling.
    I wasn't going to comment on these things until you called another poster, "son" and then went on to say "don't be a dickhaed".
    The irony!
    I really don't know where to start.... So I won't. Lolz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Everything is pointless and we humans are a greedy cancer on the planet and don't deserve this beautiful earth. So once you realise this you can accept we are doomed
    I think this is an overly negative reading of climate change research. Nothing really suggests we are doomed, the worst case scenarios have been ruled out. What is the case is that if we don't manage things correctly the next two or three centuries will have a higher than average death toll and quality of life may retract to the 1900s for many. That's not "doomed" though. (This is ignoring the "pointless" stuff, which I've never really understood)

This leads into one aspect of my life philosophy. Don't trust the presentation of almost anything in the media on any side. Most of the time the reporters don't have the knowledge to actually report on the area and doom and gloom sells. Too many people end up depressed from biased or nonsensical reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

work smarter not harder

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Alien concept to many kids today, both poor and born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Take what you can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Life is a ship at sail on the seas. It has a beginning and an end. There are rough waters as there are calm waters. No two journeys are ever the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Alien concept to many kids today, both poor and born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

That fits in well with my philosophy:

Take responsibility by blaming problems on children.

(The wording needs improvement, I'm paraphrasing my 3 year old niece.)

Hobosan wrote: »
    That fits in well with my philosophy:

Take responsibility by blaming problems on children.

(The wording needs improvement, I'm paraphrasing my 3 year old niece.)

Bit badass there. I've a 3 month old nephew.

Be sensible about big decisions.
    If you love someone, make sure you tell them.
    Carry a spare tampon and paracetamol.
    Be kind to others, but also to yourself.
    Try your hardest but don't beat yourself up about things outside your control.

Finally, if your partner strips off his running gear in the shower, then takes a shower on top of them and leaves them in the shower tray and forgets about them and you find yourself in the bathroom wanting a shower and the shower has soggy stuff in the stall that should have been moved but instead is left for the house slave (you) to deal with, and while it's unlikely a jury will convict you of anything but manslaughter, do not kill your partner in his sleep. Although it would be very understandable if you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

stoicism is key.

Candie wrote: »
    Finally, if your partner strips off his running gear in the shower, then takes a shower on top of them
    But I'm a straight man, what am I doing with these sexy lads stripping off in my shower! :eek:
    Regardless any lads I find in my shower, should they decide to stay, I won't kill them in their sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

stoicism is key.

I find it's to detached. I would naturally be quite stoic but I think you need a little more fire sometimes.

Fourier wrote: »
    But I'm a straight man, what am I doing with these sexy lads stripping off in my shower! :eek:
    Regardless any lads I find in my shower, should they decide to stay, I won't kill them in their sleep.

Straight woman perspective there. Real life situation, murderous impulses quelled.

This is good advice I'm giving here, Fourier. Don't kill people, it should be a law or something!

Candie wrote: »
    This is good advice I'm giving here, Fourier. Don't kill people, it should be a law or something!

Don't stop now, the notebook is almost full.

Sunscreen, Bertie. Use sunscreen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Existence is suffering.
    Everything always works out in the end.
    We’re here to go.

phutyle wrote: »
    Existence is suffering.
    That's down to not using sunscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

!hit happens

Don't be always looking out for things that might offend you.

Understand that AH is light hearted, and therefore post accordingly. You know who you are....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,631 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Realise that one's philosophy will be determined by the path they have chosen in life. Therefore, that of someone who has never had any intention of working will differ from someone who works, a child free person's will differ from a parent etc.

Outlining one's circumstances is relevant in that context.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Whichever path you doth choose in life at least have the common courtesy to acknowledge that some are just predetermined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

You only get one chance at life, don’t fùck it up!

Work to live, I don’t live to work.

If at first you don’t succeed then give up and try something else, life’s to short for failing.

Wow!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Life's not fair, suck it up and get on with on with things.
    No one owes you jack shít.
    You are responsible for the things you do (and the things you don't!)
    If you don't ask, you generally don't get.
    Time is precious - don't waste it on ungrateful people whoever they may be, especially employers, if they require your time sell it to them if that suits, but don't give it for free.
    Happiness is the only goal worth pursuing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

Workwise, I have learnt these lessons:

- When it is going good, enjoy it to the maximum, cos it won't last.
    - The people you work with make the job.
    - Don't trust anyone, know your worth
    - Work as little hours as you can get away with, but work hard while you are there

The only thing I am sure of is that a day without a laugh is truly a day wasted. If you haven't laughed in a while, you might need a change.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

Life's not fair, suck it up and get on with on with things.
    No one owes you jack shít.
    You are responsible for the things you do (and the things you don't!)
    If you don't ask, you generally don't get.
    Time is precious - don't waste it on ungrateful people whoever they may be, especially employers, if they require your time sell it to them if that suits, but don't give it for free.
    Happiness is the only goal worth pursuing.

I agree with all of this, but don't expect life to be great all the time. It won't be. But that's ok too. When things are going good, enjoy it and remember it. Nothing stays the same for long.

Advertisement