Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

mad muffin wrote: »
    Riiight… I see…

Did the cat get your tongue after the .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

steddyeddy wrote: »
    It's not about IQ. Trump supporters have a problem with facts so we have to give it to them gently.

I have to say I think your posts on the intelligence of Trump versus Obama supporters is a huge part of the reason Trump will probably win again. It smacks of the deplorables all over again. Democrats don't seem to understand a phrase I learned in childhood and that is - everyone knows their own know. Not everyone has a Harvard degree and not everyone can speak eloquently but no one is more of an expert on the reality of a person's life than that person is him/herself. So you can somewhat condescendingly talk down or give it to them "gently" all you like but they will vote on what they know and what is real to them. Not for stuff that allows their President to virtue signal but for bread and butter stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

steddyeddy wrote: »
    It's not about IQ. Trump supporters have a problem with facts so we have to give it to them gently.

Trump supporters aren't the ones who think you can choose your Gender. And they're certainly not the ones trying to put Men in Women's bathrooms. You Leftists are great at deflecting your inadequacies onto others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Did the cat get your tongue after the .....

…:rolleyes:

Mrsmum wrote: »
    I have to say I think your posts on the intelligence of Trump versus Obama supporters is a huge part of the reason Trump will probably win again. It smacks of the deplorables all over again. Democrats don't seem to understand a phrase I learned in childhood and that is - everyone knows their own know. Not everyone has a Harvard degree and not everyone can speak eloquently but no one is more of an expert on the reality of a person's life than that person is him/herself. So you can somewhat condescendingly talk down or give it to them "gently" all you like but they will vote on what they know and what is real to them. Not for stuff that allows their President to virtue signal but for bread and butter stuff.

All Trump has to do is let these Leftist twits open their mouths and his re-election [along with the GOP taking back the House] is guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Trump supporters aren't the ones who think you can choose your Gender. And they're certainly not the ones trying to put Men in Women's bathrooms. You Leftists are great at deflecting your inadequacies onto others.

Are you really trying to claim.that there are no transgender Trump supporters?

Maybe because Arnold contributed more to society than the “squad”?

And Arnold had always shown love and gratitude to the Country that gave him so much success.

Are you really trying to claim.that there are no transgender Trump supporters?

There probably are some [Bruce Caitlin Jenner is a Republican], but the Left certainly operates on the notion that you can choose your Gender like you would a pair of socks and that its fluid. That you can feel masculine one second and Feminine the next. And NY and CA have laws that will put you in jail for not using the preferred pronouns [hence that zir and zhe garbage]. And they do with while calling Conservatives and Christians anti-science.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

There probably are some [Bruce Caitlin Jenner is a Republican]

What a strange thing to say :)

There probably are some [Bruce Caitlin Jenner is a Republican], but the Left certainly operates on the notion that you can choose your Gender like you would a pair of socks and that its fluid. That you can feel masculine one second and Feminine the next. And NY and CA have laws that will put you in jail for not using the preferred pronouns [hence that zir and zhe garbage]. And they do with while calling Conservatives and Christians anti-science.

And many republicans believe in a "god", that a man lived till 900 years old, that another died and rose again 3 days later, that Noah put 2 of every animal on earth onto a boat no bigger than your average car ferry and that on a sunday bits of bread magically become the "body of christ".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

And Arnold had always shown love and gratitude to the Country that gave him so much success.

You guys are being incredibly inventive in terms of justifying ludicrous behaviour. Trump literally claimed a president wasn't American for years... This is a continuation of racist behaviour that has occurred in one way or another over his entire life.

And many republicans believe in a "god", that a man lived till 900 years old, that another died and rose again 3 days later, that Noah put 2 of every animal on earth onto a boat no bigger than your average car ferry and that on a sunday bits of bread magically become the "body of christ".

If you believe someone can choose their Gender then you need to get off your self imposed pedestal. You can't call one group anti-science while being anti-science yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭Odhinn

If you believe someone can choose their Gender then you need to get off your self imposed pedestal. You can't call one group anti-science while being anti-science yourselves.

Hermaphrodites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

A lot of people who cry "anti science" at trans people and their allies, don't really know much about science themselves.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/voices/stop-using-phony-science-to-justify-transphobia/

Bette midler definitely lost her marbles over trump.

Best part of Trump's presidency. The Lunatics exposed themselves. Now she and the Hollywood scum will spend the bulk of next year saying they're leaving the US for good if he gets re-elected [much like they did for W] only to turn around and not leave.

Best part of Trump's presidency. The Lunatics exposed themselves.

Finally something we agree on!

batgoat wrote: »
    You guys are being incredibly inventive in terms of justifying ludicrous behaviour. Trump literally claimed a president wasn't American for years... This is a continuation of racist behaviour that has occurred in one way or another over his entire life.

What does Obama have to do with pointing out that Arnold has always shown love and gratitude to America?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Best part of Trump's presidency. The Lunatics exposed themselves. Now she and the Hollywood scum will spend the bulk of next year saying they're leaving the US for good if he gets re-elected [much like they did for W] only to turn around and not leave.

Yeah, better than trump and his gang of frothing racist supporters!

You can identify as a bar stool for all i care chief, i still think religion is a crazier thing to believe.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Finally something we agree on!

Too bad for you though that the Lunatics that exposed themselves are on the Left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

What does Obama have to do with pointing out that Arnold has always shown love and gratitude to America?

Because you also appear to be attempting to pretend that Trump's remarks about the junior congresswomen wasn't racist, that is what was under discussion...

batgoat wrote: »
    Because you also appear to be attempting to pretend that Trump's remarks about the junior congresswomen wasn't racist, that is what was under discussion...

He never mentioned them by name or by skin color.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Too bad for you though that the Lunatics that exposed themselves are on the Left.

I don't think left wingers were shy about their views.

The people chanting "Jews will not replace us" and the likes weren't quite so open until Donald came along.

Why? I'm not on the left.

Indeed he did. At every opportunity. It’s a pity that they are at loggerheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭circadian

It must be exhausting maintaining a siege mentality and harbouring bitterness towards the rest of the world as if you can see some great conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Why Chinese specifically? Do you have something against the Chinese?

Ask your wife Muffin you seem to be basing everything on conversations you've had with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Seems Nancy Pelosi and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez had a private sit-down meeting. Afterwards, Nancy said it was a really nice meeting and she didn't think they have that many differences.”

So, I wonder... was it a nice meeting or a this is the command lines and AOC better step in line?

Interesting to note AP reported that Ocasio-Cortez avoided reporters after her meeting with Pelosi. That’s a first! When has AOC ever passed up an opportunity for self-promotion?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Seems Nancy Pelosi and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez had a private sit-down meeting. Afterwards, Nancy said it was a really nice meeting and she didn't think they have that many differences.”

So, I wonder... was it a nice meeting or a this is the command lines and AOC better step in line?

Interesting to note AP reported that Ocasio-Cortez avoided reporters after her meeting with Pelosi. That’s a first! When has AOC ever passed up an opportunity for self-promotion?

She won’t be able to stop the stupid from coming out of her mouth for long. But in the meantime she’ll letting her compatriot do the stupid talking. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,028 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

splashuum wrote: »
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar have both bizarrely refused to condemn the recent attack on the ICE facility.

I really could give 2 ****s.

My Congressman doesn't condemn *A LOT* of things, including mass shootings that are perpetrated by white supremacists, or attacks that target democrats. But he still talks about the Scalia shooting like it was 'unprecedented'

Go down this bizarre line where it is outrageous for any one politician to not condemn everything and you'll find they're all vile people. That's reality for you.

Advertisement