Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin watches on Amazon

Options
  • 15-07-2019 4:48am

Some great deals today on Garmin devices on Amazon

Link here

Highights would be Vivoactive 3 down to £130 and Vivoactive 3 Music down to £150. The Forerunner 735XT is also down to £160, the lowest it as been as far as I can see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Polar M430 for GBP90 is a good deal for a wrist-based heart rate tracker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

This amazon prime members only which is a pain in the hole.

Missed the 735 when it went to €160 earlier in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

This amazon prime members only which is a pain in the hole.

If you don't have a months trial available you can sign up for a month then cancel instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Can anyone recommend the Vivoactive 3 Music for the Spotify functionality?
    Would love to be able to leave the phone at home when running and just use the watch and bluetooth earphones but read the garmin forums and quite alot of reports of issues with the spotify app...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Would love to be able to leave the phone at home when running and just use the watch and bluetooth earphones but read the garmin forums and quite alot of reports of issues with the spotify app...

Works flawlessly for me. I leave the phone in the car when I'm in the gym and play my Spotify playlists to my Soundcore earbuds. Haven't had a drop out yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

I've had a few dropouts on mine but the earphones are cheap mpow ones from Amazon. I wear it on my left wrist so attenna (?) is on the right prob causing the issue. Anyone recommend ones where the signal would be on the left?? I'm a gym I wouldn't expect many drop outs. Seems to happen on runs only.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Works flawlessly for me. I leave the phone in the car when I'm in the gym and play my Spotify playlists to my Soundcore earbuds. Haven't had a drop out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

I've never had an issue with it.

Have to say it was easier than I expected to add play lists and use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Was just looking at the Vivoactive 3 for 129 there and trying to decide between that and the Forerunner 235 but the Vivo seems to have disappeared off the list. Was looking for more of a general fitness tracker and the stess monitor appealed to me. As I understand the 235 is a few years old now so not sure about that one anymore. Any thoughts on the Forerunner 735XT, I'm thinking it might be overkill. I cycle a bit but have a Garmin for the bike and was hoping to get into a bit of running, won't be doing triathlons or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

I have the 735xt and think its brilliant .. use it mostly for running and the odd open water swim .. really nice watch and very light

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    I have the 735xt and think its brilliant .. use it mostly for running and the odd open water swim .. really nice watch and very light

Looks nice, I'm just wondering if its overkill for what I need. General fitness, sleep tracker and that is all I really need at the moment. Have a Garmin Edge on the bike so I'm covered there. Forerunner 235 is an option but I'm hearing its near the end of its life.

• Advertisement

Thanks million for that. Ordered the Music version there, worked out at 180 which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭jamesd

skerry wrote: »
    Thanks million for that. Ordered the Music version there, worked out at 180 which is great.

I do not see the option to add it to my cart, it says sign up to prime for this offer.

jamesd wrote: »
    I do not see the option to add it to my cart, it says sign up to prime for this offer.

It's a Prime Day deal. Top left of screen should be a 'discover Prime' banner, should get a free months Prime trial there and once you have that should be able to add to basket

skerry wrote: »
    It's a Prime Day deal. Top left of screen should be a 'discover Prime' banner, should get a free months Prime trial there and once you have that should be able to add to basket

Thanks I have prime as i signed up for it 2 weeks ago for the blink cameras but that link keeps showing to join prime

Got sorted , my prime was cancelled.

Have Prime on my UK account but doesn't transfer to Amazon.de unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Basil3 wrote: »

Link here

Highights would be Vivoactive 3 down to £130 and Vivoactive 3 Music down to £150. The Forerunner 735XT is also down to £160, the lowest it as been as far as I can see.
    Thanks for this, got a chunk off one Iwas intending to buy soon,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rhubarbcustard

got my vivoactive 3 music today and took it for a test run..
    Very happy and Spotify worked perfectly on it with my bluetooth earphones.
    Great to be able to leave the phone at home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rhubarbcustard

got my vivoactive 3 music today and took it for a test run..
    Very happy and Spotify worked perfectly on it with my bluetooth earphones.
    Great to be able to leave the phone at home.

Brilliant stuff, cant wait to get mine, Gym & Golf oh and to tell the time as well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

conor_mc wrote: »
    Polar M430 for GBP90 is a good deal for a wrist-based heart rate tracker too.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Link?

It was that price for Prime Days in 15th and 16th. Over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

Basil3 wrote: »

Link here

Expecting delivery of Vivoactive Music today, cheers fro the heads up!

My garmin watch came today from germany but just an empty box and no garmin watch in it, onto chat here now.

My garmin watch came today from germany but just an empty box and no garmin watch in it, onto chat here now.

Was the Amazon box open?

Was the Amazon box open?

Amazon box was sealed, Garmin box was unsealed and just a manual in it.

Amazon box was sealed, Garmin box was unsealed and just a manual in it.

That's very strange. Unlikely that staff at the Amazon warehouse would be able to steal it.

That's very strange. Unlikely that staff at the Amazon warehouse would be able to steal it.

Maybe a returned watch then? They are sending a replacement tuesdsy to me.

• Advertisement

Maybe a returned watch then? They are sending a replacement tuesdsy to me.

Returned stuff is sold through the Warehouse Deals but I thought you bought a new one?

Advertisement