Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Overheal wrote: »
    I'm not sure what Germans eating lots of meat has to do with cancer either? I was just responding to an anecdote with facts.

If you say so.

You talk as if she has been permabanned. In reality, her account was suspended for 7 days.

Processed meat is a class 1 carcinogen according to WHO

• Registered Users Posts: 81,936 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

lufties wrote: »
    Well in my worldly experience, and what I see with my own eyes evaluates to my comment. You can search on Google if you want to find German smoking rates I'm sure. Then again how accurate are 'reviews', a bit like polls perhaps?

Britain has a huge problem with booze. I'm talking about Anglo saxons. London is made up of nearly half Muslim, whose faith bans alcohol. Therefore the per capita statistics may be skewed.

Polls, and statistics in general, are going to be more reliable than anecdotes for sure.

The latest data from the 2011 census recorded that 48.4% of Londoners considered themselves to be Christian, 12.39% considered themselves Muslim, 5% Hindu, 1.82% Jewish, 1.5% Sikh, 1% Buddhist and 0.6% Other.

Processed meat is a class 1 carcinogen according to WHO

So is alcohol - and as we previously discussed, Ireland has a binge drinking problem.

That would be their personal business. I don't see how it affects you or me.

A percentage so small its irrelevant I'd imagine. Therefore, there are only 2 genders. Male and female.

So is alcohol - and as we previously discussed, Ireland has a binge drinking problem.

Yes, a binge drinking problem the same as the UK, scots drink so much the life expectancy is quite low.

• Advertisement

A percentage so small its irrelevant I'd imagine. Therefore, there are only 2 genders. Male and female.

Not how that works.

0.04 % of the air is carbon dioxide, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

1.7% of births are estimated to result in an intersex human child.

Yes, a binge drinking problem the same as the UK, scots drink so much the life expectancy is quite low.

28% of UK respondents in the WHO survey indicated they binge drank in the recent 30 days of the study.

39% of Irish did. 11% more.

Germany didn't make the cut. Scotland is part of the UK.

Polls, and statistics in general, are going to be more reliable than anecdotes for sure.

The latest data from the 2011 census recorded that 48.4% of Londoners considered themselves to be Christian, 12.39% considered themselves Muslim, 5% Hindu, 1.82% Jewish, 1.5% Sikh, 1% Buddhist and 0.6% Other.

Hard to know, like the polls that predicted Brexit and Clinton winning?

According to that concencus it's those who declared as muslims. In reality it's probably much higher

You talk as if she has been permabanned. In reality, her account was suspended for 7 days.

Sorry I missed the part where she couldn't stand being in time out so breached the T&C by creating a re-reg account to circumvent her ban. That gets you permabanned here, too.

Not how that works.

0.04 % of the air is carbon dioxide, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

1.7% of births are estimated to result in an intersex human child.

Irregardless, banning and censoring seems to be fine for conservatives or even centrist opinions. However, it's open season on trump, reporting him as racist when he clearly isn't or was not being. My point being anyone can bash Farage, brexiteers Trump, Tommy Robinson without facts. Just feels, and they are let to spew their bias. A bit like how leah Doherty assaulted a man 2 weeks ago and is allowed to get away with it.

• Advertisement

Sorry I missed the part where she couldn't stand being in time out so breached the T&C by creating a re-reg account to circumvent her ban. That gets you permabanned here, too.

Oh really, I thought it was over "hate speech"
    https://www.thejournal.ie/gemma-odoherty-youtube-ban-4727835-Jul2019/

According to that concencus it's those who declared as muslims. In reality it's probably much higher

You can only suppose, which is worthless. You say half, which is far and away from the given figures. Your statements are utterly baseless.
    Hard to know, like the polls that predicted Brexit and Clinton winning?
    Again, this isn't the politics board. But on the subject of statistics, the whole polls thing about the election has been widely misreported ex post facto. Five Thirty Eight which uses some pretty great and interesting stats science to make projections aggregates the polling data and historical elections and outcomes to science out probabilities. I followed that site more religiously than individual polls in 2016, and it proved to be right: because the model didn't just spit out a projected winner, it spit out probabilities, and using polling data, Five Thirty Eight correctly called Trump's marginal, yet still possible chances of winning, and sure enough he did. Electoral polls only poll likely voters, they do not poll unlikely voters.

Oh really, I thought it was over "hate speech"
    https://www.thejournal.ie/gemma-odoherty-youtube-ban-4727835-Jul2019/

"O’Doherty proceeded to upload videos on a second account under her name, circumventing the ban. As a result, her two accounts were permanently removed from the video-sharing platform. "

The spokesperson gave BOTH reasons for the consecutive bans:

"our policies against hate speech and harassment,

"our terms prohibiting circumvention of our enforcement measures, "

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well in my worldly experience, and what I see with my own eyes evaluates to my comment. You can search on Google if you want to find German smoking rates I'm sure. Then again how accurate are 'reviews', a bit like polls perhaps?

Britain has a huge problem with booze. I'm talking about Anglo saxons. London is made up of nearly half Muslim, whose faith bans alcohol. Therefore the per capita statistics may be skewed.
    So if actual data disagrees with you, it's not cause your wrong, but because the people who produced that data are part of the conspiracy.
    That's handy.

Irregardless, banning and censoring seems to be fine for conservatives or even centrist opinions. However, it's open season on trump, reporting him as racist when he clearly isn't or was not being. My point being anyone can bash Farage, brexiteers Trump, Tommy Robinson without facts. Just feels, and they are let to spew their bias. A bit like how leah Doherty assaulted a man 2 weeks ago and is allowed to get away with it.

Again you're arguing politics.

I tried to register on Stormfront once just to have a lurk and ask a few questions. I was banned within an hour. I'd say I have pretty moderate views. So banning and censoring seems to be fine for moderates and leftists, too. It just depends on the platform. Stormfront is no more obligated to have me than Youtube is to have Gemma. Unless your insinuation is that rightwing platforms have no-ban policies, which I'd be shocked to discover.

28% of UK respondents in the WHO survey indicated they binge drank in the recent 30 days of the study.

39% of Irish did. 11% more.

Germany didn't make the cut. Scotland is part of the UK.

A survey is a snapshot in time, and not always accurate. From an alcohol Ireland website One in five (21.1%) drinkers engage in binge drinking at least once a week.

Another statistic from alcohol change UK
    24% of adults in England and Scotland regularly drink over the Chief Medical Officer’s low-risk guidelines [1, 16], and 27% of drinkers in Great Britain binge drink on their heaviest drinking days (over 8 units for men and over 6 units for women) [2].

At least we're using data now.

Neither country ranks in litres consumed per capita: https://vinepair.com/articles/map-countries-drink-most-alcohol/

Well, wiki shows 21, 23, and 25 for Ireland, Germany, and UK respectively https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption_per_capita

Again you're arguing politics.

I tried to register on Stormfront once just to have a lurk and ask a few questions. I was banned within an hour. I'd say I have pretty moderate views. So banning and censoring seems to be fine for moderates and leftists, too. It just depends on the platform. Stormfront is no more obligated to have me than Youtube is to have Gemma. Unless your insinuation is that rightwing platforms have no-ban policies, which I'd be shocked to discover.

I've never even been on a right wing platform. However, you seem to admit that the journal is a left wing platform? You tube allow channels giving paedophiles a platform, but Gemma gets taken off for calling out corruption. Double standard there.

Well, wiki shows 21, 23, and 25 for Ireland, Germany, and UK respectively https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption_per_capita

Negligible I'd say. Given vast difference in cancer rates I'd doubt alcohol is the main factor. Stress? Flouridated water? Contaminated good?
    Personally I think fluoridated water is a contributing factor to poor health in Ireland.

• Advertisement

I've never even been on a right wing platform. However, you seem to admit that the journal is a left wing platform? You tube allow channels giving paedophiles a platform, but Gemma gets taken off for calling out corruption. Double standard there.

I make no conclusion about the Journal.

YouTube has responded to the Pedophilia issue since it was widely reported on early this year. Hundreds of accounts closed. Comments disabled on tens of millions of videos. Law enforcement involvement. Unlike political shock jocks, pedophiles don't try to draw too much attention to themselves; so I can only imagine the ability to screen those folks off the platform is more difficult.

Negligible I'd say. Given vast difference in cancer rates I'd doubt alcohol is the main factor. Stress? Flouridated water? Contaminated good?
    Personally I think fluoridated water is a contributing factor to poor health in Ireland.

again though: life expectancy. If you mean cancer rate say cancer rate :)

Got any direct evidence to support this?
    A nice large scale medical study in a decent journal would be good.

We have fluoride threads for that!

again though: life expectancy. If you mean cancer rate say cancer rate :)

Yes, I mean cancer rates. But fluoride is known to cause other problems.

We have fluoride threads for that!

Really? Didn't see any.

King Mob wrote: »
    Got any direct evidence to support this?
    A nice large scale medical study in a decent journal would be good.

Didn't see any studies, just a lot of European nations against it

https://fluoridealert.org/content/europe-statements/

Yes, I mean cancer rates. But fluoride is known to cause other problems.

Such as...?
    And studies/evidence backing that up...?

It's starting to sound a bit like what Gemma claims about chemtrails...

Maybe? Debate it:

This was one of the more recent general fluoridation threads, back when I did respond to some claims and some such.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101228249

Feel free to bump it. Anyone. But do have a read through.

• Advertisement

I make no conclusion about the Journal.

YouTube has responded to the Pedophilia issue since it was widely reported on early this year. Hundreds of accounts closed. Comments disabled on tens of millions of videos. Law enforcement involvement. Unlike political shock jocks, pedophiles don't try to draw too much attention to themselves; so I can only imagine the ability to screen those folks off the platform is more difficult.

I've seen racist videos MTV put out are still online. Also antifa type rock band depicting trump supporters as nazis. Another is a song called straight white Male by rocking horse club, still on you tube, blatant racism. I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands more.

Advertisement