Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand's Walrus Reveal!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Yeah I know I explained, but when submitting the only vid out at the time (the official video) was the longer version with that 2 min introduction of past footage. Would mean more to fans of his I guess, as it was from earlier gigs. So when I noticed the shorter vid of just the song I felt I should include it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Necro wrote: »
    giphy.gif

That's ok for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    because of the subliminal keep calm message you received.

Anyone like Pet Shop Boys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Anyone like Pet Shop Boys?

Ah yeah

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    because of the subliminal keep calm message you received.

Great. Now it's gonna freak me out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

And you still had to quote it.. :)

Clarabel wrote: »
    Ah yeah

I have Shopping stuck in my head for some reason.

Saw them at Electric Picnic many years ago. They were brilliant. :D

Pretzill wrote: »
    And you still had to quote it.. :)

On mobile. Hit reply and there it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

2nd Place :: Beirut - Gallipoli

This was a song that just kept on moving up the list the more I listened to it. However, I'm finding it tough to verbalise what it is that I liked so much about this song. Nice intro, loved the trumpety/horn thing if thats what it is. Singing kinda reminds me of that old kind of french style that one of my former co-workers from years ago used to listen to a lot of and I used to love it! It's a real kind of meditteranean feel to the song and it just captures a lot of great feelings for me of holidays when I was a kid in southern France

2nd Place - 14 points to
    Deleted User

• Advertisement

Hey Pretzill, you got numero uno

"falls over"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pretzill wrote: »
    "falls over"

tumblr_inline_pjzvprNNkN1ryolh9_400.gif

1st Place :: David Davis - Tomorrows

From the first listen, I just absolutely adored this and it was never outside my top 3. As has probably been picked up on with some of my other choices in other categories, I do enjoy a nice bit of Piano! I played piano when I was kid growing up and I have always had a real affinity for piano played well. I really enjoyed this piece. Beautiful Piano. Beautiful voice. Just a really beautiful song that has had me enraptured from start to finish. Thank you so much for submitting this!

1st Place - 15 points to
    Pretzil

For once im on my mobile and ive no idea if these are good or bad as i dont know them and cant be listening to them on my piece of crap

Congrats pretzel i look forward to listening

Well done Pretzil.

Rikand, do you want me to post the scoreboard?

Thank you everyone for your submissions for Category 3 - Songs from 2019. A few songs from there that I really enjoyed and my faith in music of the current year is not all but lost lol :D

Category 4 - Songs from before 2010 is up next. I have already had a glance through some of the submissions and I am really really looking forward to this next category. There is some absolute belters in there. In fact, they nearly all are. Gonna be so hard to rank em, but I'm going to really enjoy the listening part of it haha

provisionally planning wednesday as the next evening for a reveal, so we'll hopefully see you all then :D

Aww so glad you liked this one Rikand! It has all the hallmarks of a good song for me, had me humming it after first listen. A fine voice and performance from one to watch, I'd say.

Well done Pretzil.

Rikand, do you want me to post the scoreboard?

Yes please :D

I keep meaning to do a table, but in the absence of it, your scoreboard is very very acceptable lol :D

• Advertisement

ROUND ONE
    Necro - 1
    Pretzil - 2
    Electric Nitwit - 3
    Osh - 4
    Tritium - 5
    Green&Red - 6
    Strawberry Milkshake - 7
    Ectoplasm - 8
    Builebeag - 9
    Fixxxer - 10
    MicksJaguar - 11
    Stu Redmond - 12
    Barney92 - 13
    mollyb60 - 14
    partyjungle - 15

ROUND TWO
    Necro - 3
    Pretzil - 8
    Tritium - 10
    Fixxxer - 13
    Stu Redmond - 13
    Strawberry Milkshake - 14
    Green&Red - 16
    Electric Nitwit - 17
    Osh - 17
    Builebeag - 18
    Ectoplasm - 19
    MicksJaguar - 19
    partyjungle - 19
    mollyb60 - 26
    Barney92 - 28

ROUND THREE
    Necro - 12
    Tritium - 12
    Strawberry Milkshake - 16
    Stu Redmond - 18
    Pretzil - 23
    Builebeag - 24
    Fixxxer - 25
    Electric Nitwit - 25
    MicksJaguar - 26
    Green&Red - 26.5
    Ectoplasm - 29.5
    Osh - 30
    mollyb60 - 30
    Barney92 - 30
    partyjungle - 33

I wasn't able to listen tonight but looking forward to listening tomorrow, especially to Pretzills. Thanks Rikand.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Grats Pretzill :)

Hey Rikand, on a scale of 1 to 10 what would you have scored this had I entered it?

Thanks for another good reveal Rikand, and well done PJ and Pretzill.

If anyone likes my song, this was the original video I submitted. Song itself starts about 2:05 just to warn you, but the video is more interesting :)

Necro wrote: »
    Grats Pretzill :)

Hey Rikand, on a scale of 1 to 10 what would you have scored this had I entered it?

Yeah - 3

You probably did better with Lewis Capaldi.

I love Wiley! But Sean Paul.... /facepalm

i like the extra intro osh., i know on relistening it might get annoying, but on first listen, i think it adds to the experience,

sKeith wrote: »
    i like the extra intro osh., i know on relistening it might get annoying, but on first listen, i think it adds to the experience,

That's what I thought too. And adds to the impact of the song coming in imo. But I can see how it would be annoying also

Also guys I hear Ecto has 8 entries in for her walrus. (sorry if you're a guy, but I assumed not, mind you I'd thought that with Electric Nitwit too )

So get your entries in if you're interested

osh wrote: »
    Also guys I hear Ecto has 8 entries in for her walrus. (sorry if you're a guy, but I assumed not, mind you I'd thought that with Electric Nitwit too )

So get your entries in if you're interested
    i entered ectos walrus tonight. hope i do better than hp.

• Advertisement

you're correct this time, i assumed the wrong way in first game i played with her when she was emf2010, and she was confushed when i kept using he pronoun.

Advertisement