Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

5-4-1 Experiment

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'll see your 5-4-1 and raise it 5-2-3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

manual_man wrote: »
    I'll see your 5-4-1 and raise it 5-2-3 ;)

Hard to pay for that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Green&Red wrote: »
    Hard to pay for that

Could leave you a little light in midfield alright.

Edersen
    Laporte robbo awb digne Doherty
    Salah Perez
    FunBobby Wilson Jimenez

4.0m keeper Hourihane 4.5m 4.5m

Hourihane for rotation with perez if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hard to pay for that

Oh it can be done

Heaton
    VVD TAA Robertson Laporte Digne
    Siggy Sterling
    Vardy Wilson Jimenez

Bench would be whoever ends up Sheffield United keeper(rotates quite well with Burnley) + 3x 4.5 mids

The one downside is less premium options in attack for captaincy, though there's a good argument for TAA/Robbo in the majority of Liverpool home games, and Vardy could be a good option in some games. Sterling would get the armband a lot of the time obviously

I like that team alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Thinking of going with this from the start this year, its completely against the way I play but it could be a great differential

Currently on

Ederson (McGovern)
    Laporte-VVD-Robbo-TAA-Digne
    Sterling-McGinn-Sanchez-Son (Bjaresen)
    Vardy (Long-Silva)

Just done my first draft and drawn to this as well.

Fab (McGovern)
    TAA, Robbo, Laporte, Digne, Ritchie
    Salah, Siggy, Fraser, Bilva (Hayden)
    Vardy (Andone, Greenwood)

Need to do a bit more research on the 4.5's but a new manager should/could see Andone start, could end up a good facilitator/cover at 5.0.

Will also be keeping an eye on United's preseason, Martial could be a steal at 7.5 if he gets the finger out, Sanchez if he remembers how to play... some decent performances in the Copa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Don’t know if I could stand the sweat on trying to keep 6 clean sheets per game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

patmac wrote: »
    Don’t know if I could stand the sweat on trying to keep 6 clean sheets per game.

There is nothing more soul destroying than having 4 or 5 clean sheets in the bag with only a few minutes left in games, to then refresh and 20 points have just disappeared!!

It’s a very boring way to play the game, completely goes against how I play

BUT
    What was the point of doing the trial last year if I’m not going to actually do it this year. F**k it, it’s one season

I’ll just imagine I’m putting Martin O’Neill
    In charge

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm aiming for 2 goals, 3 assists and the usual 93 saves from Fab each week. Clean sheets are a bonus :)

On a serious note, plenty of defenders out there that can make 5 at the back exciting... ok, mildly exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It’s a very boring way to play the game, completely goes against how I play

BUT
    What was the point of doing the trial last year if I’m not going to actually do it this year. F**k it, it’s one season

I’ll just imagine I’m putting Martin O’Neill
    In charge

I think the trial was a good option last season, but this year those lads are so much more expensive

Advertisement