Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The No Stupid Nicholas Cage Questions Sheep Competition

Options
  • 24-05-2019 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭

Disgusted with how things have been going I've decided to run my own competition. So most common answer is best. All questions should be answerable (;););))

Reveal will be Sunday evening, form closing at 6pm and answers closely afterwards. PM please

1. Name an MEP candidate
    2. The Rossies (Edit:Roscommon natives), I think we can all agree we don't like them, but name one
    3. Name a chocolate bar
    4. Name an Oasis song
    5. Name a Mayo footballer currently playing
    6. Name a Taoiseach
    7. Name a city the Olympics were held in
    8. Name a country on the European mainland
    9. Name a US president from before 1900
    10. Click on topics on boards and name one

As per always no google

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,857 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

What are The Rossies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Considering I don't know what The Rossies are or anything about Mayo football - this should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Is question 1 an all-Ireland question or are you just looking at the Republic?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,857 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

kitten_k wrote: »
    Considering I don't know what The Rossies are or anything about Mayo football - this should be fun!

Ha same here Kitten !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Yeah I'd even prefer the nicolas cage question to those two given I can at least guess that!

• Advertisement

Oh this is MOST common, not least common. Good to note.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

MEP in Republic

and the Rossies are Roscommon people

This is discriminatory. I live in the North. I don't know any MEP candidates from Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    This is discriminatory. I live in the North. I don't know any MEP candidates from Mexico.

Nor do many south of the border

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

From Wiki, famous Ross people there are a few ...

<Modsnip>

Modnote: Will check in with GNR to see if he wants that list allowed or not.

• Advertisement

Um.........not sure if that's allowed doode.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

:pac::pac: I voted today and I only knew about 3

Actually I called Rikand a racist for not including the north in his, so include away

From Wiki, famous Ross people there are a few ...

<Modsnip>

Modnote: Will check in with GNR to see if he wants that list allowed or not.

Ya no googling!

Green&Red wrote: »
    Actually I called Rikand a racist for not including the north in his, so include away

Well no one is gonna know any of the ones from up here anyway so I might as well concede defeat on this question!

And I saw people on that list of Roscommon people that was posted, so should I just not include an answer for that question or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Ya no googling!

who doesn't google now.

who doesn't google now.

I'm not sure you quite understand the point of this game. Have you read the OP at all?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well no one is gonna know any of the ones from up here anyway so I might as well concede defeat on this question!

And I saw people on that list of Roscommon people that was posted, so should I just not include an answer for that question or what?

Up to GNR imo. No guarantees you'll pick the most popular one at all

Happy not to do it, but I don't think it's too big an issue googling or not with the normal sheep rules. With peehs its obviously needed.

Work away Molly

And you definitely know one of ours, he came down from ye, very prominent politician

• Advertisement

osh wrote: »
    Happy not to do it, but I don't think it's too big an issue googling or not with the normal sheep rules. With peehs its obviously needed.

What he said, not a big deal but no more googling!

Work away Molly

And you definitely know one of ours, he came down from ye, very prominent politician

Ooooooooooooooohhhhh..................well I can't use him now! That's cheating! :D:D

Yeah but GNR specifically said no googling in the OP. So i'd always go by what the mod says (whether I agree or not).

Anyways I've sent my entries. And I didn't google.

Being from the Wesht helps sometimes :D

Well firstly he's not a mod :)

But yeah I agree, and I'm not googling.

No idea of mayo footballers mind

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Well firstly he's not a mod :)

But yeah I agree, and I'm not googling.

No idea of mayo footballers mind

The mod said to do what GNR says. :p

Entry sent

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Pm sent.

Might need to make them a but more generic, I mean how is a guy from Donegal, living in Slovakia, going to know a Mayo footballer? :D

Also, the olympics question, summer games or winter?

Kolido wrote: »
    Pm sent.

Might need to make them a but more generic, I mean how is a guy from Donegal, living in Slovakia, going to know a Mayo footballer? :D

Also, the olympics question, summer games or winter?

K!!!! That was my secret weapon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Pter wrote: »
    K!!!! That was my secret weapon!!!

The olympics? But we are playing sheep, the more we all know the better.

• Advertisement

Oh ****.

Advertisement