Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peehs!

Options
  • 21-05-2019 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭

What is Peehs ?
    Reverse Sheep or "peehs": The basic aim is twofold:

* answer the question correctly.
    * pick a correct answer that the fewest number of players will also answer.

The game is a combination of trivia and leveling, the ultimate aim being to get a correct AND unique answer for each question. Each correct answer receives as many points as the number of people who submitted that answer. The winner is the person to get the lowest overall score.

THERE IS NO RESEARCH IN PEEHS!!!!!!

A couple of Irish based questions to get you settled in and then some general knowledge questions to follow.
    You have 48 hours to enter. I intend to do the reveal on Thursday night at 10PM

Name a province in Ireland [4]
    Name a county in Leinster [12]
    Name an Irish Olympic gold medalist [6]
    Name a river in Ireland (whole island) that is over 100km long [13]
    Name a town/city in the Republic of Ireland with a population of more than 30,000 people (2016 census information) [10]
    Name an artist that has had a number 1 single in the Irish music charts in 2019 [6]
    Name an Academy Award winning movie for Best picture since 2010 (2010 inclusive) [9]
    Name one of the 9 companions who set out from Rivendell in the Lord of the Rings [9]
    Name a novel written by Dan Brown [7]
    Name one of the seven dwarfs from the tale, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs [7]
    Name a winner of golfs US Masters since the year 2010. (2010 inclusive) [9]
    Name a colour of the rainbow [7]

The numbers in square brackets are the number of possible answers.

PM your answers to me in an unnumbered list.

Good luck :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

The question is do you go for the most obvious answers as clearly no one will pick them ðŸ˜

Let the mind games begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

When you say no research, we are not allowed to google?

There are 1 or 2 I wouldnt have a clue on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm in. It is shocking how much we depend on Google for things these days. What happens if you get a question wrong? I'm sure I've got at least 3 wrong. I guess we get maximum points for that answer or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I'm in, though I'm sure my answers will be either obvious or wrong :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

PM sent. I doubt I'll be retaining my crown here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

This should be fun :D

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

In!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Entry PMed this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What happens if you get a question wrong ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJm4VcAHjvIa2pWc35geJ00KwYpCtYMRO1W-Nh1JFQzALxoKsSQA

But seriously, I'll have to check the scorer when I get back home. I believe the standard is 1.5 times the highest score.

So if 4 people picked mila kunis for actors in Ted and that was the highest score. Incorrects would score 6 points

Kolido wrote: »
    When you say no research, we are not allowed to google?

There are 1 or 2 I wouldnt have a clue on.

Not allowed to Google

It is just like the TV show pointless really. Sometimes you get a question category you don't know and you just have to take a guess

• Advertisement

Sorry, please disregard my entry so Rikand. I Googled.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

ni

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sent !

this will be fun as I haven't a clue about some of them :D

Actually can I suggest, now that I no longer have a horse in this race, an incorrect answer is the amount of people playing. That’s how it is in Pointless. They ask 100 people and a wrong answer gets 100 points. So if we’ve 20 people playing a wrong answer gets 20 points. Or is that too harsh?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Actually can I suggest, now that I no longer have a horse in this race, an incorrect answer is the amount of people playing. That’s how it is in Pointless. They ask 100 people and a wrong answer gets 100 points. So if we’ve 20 people playing a wrong answer gets 20 points. Or is that too harsh?

Too harsh IMO. A person could be out of the quiz on one question and that wouldn't be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

PM sent

sorry for spelling !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

PM sent, that was hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

PM sent, not confident!

14 entries so far which is fantastic!

Would love to get up to at least 20 people in though just to offset the variance that little bit extra.

For this peehs, I will be running the scoring method of 1.5 times the highest score for incorrects. For me personally, I just think its fairer. not like pointless where they are playing for money. This is for fun...... and bragging rights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

There are 12 Counties in Leinster, not 13!

• Advertisement

There are 12 Counties in Leinster, not 13!

Ah sure, doesnt fingal consider itself a county ;)

So eh, yeah. That's um, a Freudian slap on my part :o

I presume we can google after we have sent I did anyways :D

Guys, I have made a couple of edits to the questions above because of some information that has come to light and some ambiguity on my part with some of the questions that I would prefer cleared up before it came to reveal time.

Name a county in Leinster [12]
    Name a river in Ireland (whole island) that is over 100km long [13]
    Name a town/city in the Republic of Ireland with a population of more than 30,000 people (2016 census information) [10]

County in Ireland has been changed to 12 - my mistake on the count there.

I have changed river in Ireland to reflect the whole island, which was my original intention. If that changes people's submissions, they may resubmit at their choosing - people are free to resubmit as often as they want anyways :)

for the town/city question, I intended the republic of Ireland only. There has been a submission of a northern ireland town. I am going to pm the person who submitted that to inform them of the change because of the ambiguity reflected in my question, but also if that change affects anyone elses thinking on the answer, they are more than welcome to resubmit there too. I am using 2016 census information as that is the list I have available to me.

Apologies for these inconveniences, but I want to run a fair game that's in line with my thoughts. Just like they'd do on pointless, Alexander gives the general theme and then Richard breaks it down to exactly what they are looking for. My "Richard moment" is just coming a day late :D

I presume we can google after we have sent I did anyways :D

well, you cant resubmit now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I presume we can google after we have sent I did anyways

You are NEVER allowed to Google anything ever again if you have entered this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Rikand wrote: »
    Ah sure, doesnt fingal consider itself a county ;)

So eh, yeah. That's um, a Freudian slap on my part :o

Dare I ask what a Freudian slap is?!

Pter wrote: »
    You are NEVER allowed to Google anything ever again if you have entered this game.

Back to yahoo it is :(

It's a Freudian Slip, with just an extra ounce of Freudian ;)

Rikand wrote: »
    It's a Freudian Slip, with just an extra ounce of Freudian ;)

This might have a deeper subconscious meaning hmmmmmm :pac:

• Advertisement

It can sometimes follow a Freudian slip. Usually painful and leaves a read mark on the cheek :pac:

Advertisement