Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant issues with noise (Mod Warning on Post #45)

Options
  • 17-05-2019 6:59am

So I am living next to a family who are currently celebrating Ramadan. This has just added to the noise problem, its quiet all day and then from 21.00 to 01.00 its constant in and out banging doors, outside at midnight talking loudly. This is an ongoing issue. I have approached them multiple times where I thought it went well, but they always end up reverting back.

With young kids I thought grand after 9 or 10 it will be quiet in the house but the kids are outside at midnight also, they must be falling asleep in school.

This is not a racist thread or anything of the sort but my experiences with this the last year shows me that I would avoid a similar situation at all costs if I move

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Just remember you can never be sure who will move in or buy a connecting house. Only way to solve is a remote house in he middle of nowhere.

Just remember you can never be sure who will move in or buy a connecting house. Only way to solve is a remote house in he middle of nowhere.

I totally agree but mutual respect goes a long way, the majority do not behave like this.

Detached house in the city is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Al of which is why I live in a remote house on a small island,, Really feel for OP and all who suffer neighbour noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Its Ramadan, it is what it is. Buy earplugs and perhaps take time to talk to them about their cultures traditions and celebrations, Perhaps even see if you can join them, I'm sure they'd appreciate that more then the angry intolerant neighbor they're currently having deal with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Its Ramadan, it is what it is. Buy earplugs and perhaps take time to talk to them about their cultures traditions and celebrations, Perhaps even see if you can join them, I'm sure they'd appreciate that more then the angry intolerant neighbor they're currently having deal with!

Your joking right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

People can celebrate whatever they like but it shouldn't infringe on others. OP seems to have asked reasonably to keep it down at night? Not that mental.

That's pretty ****ty OP. At least you have license for a wild new years party I guess?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Perhaps even see if you can join them

I just spluttered out my morning cup of tea :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys calm down - chill

Evd-Burner- no calling people fools- if you disagree with what another poster posts- refute it factually, without resorting to insults- and if you don't feel you can do so- do not respond- use the 'report post' function to bring it to the attention of moderators and we can assess it.

ridiculous comment.

PC Warrior, might have a different opinion if you were dealing with this for the last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Ah the libtard enters the room

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Yea I live beside a family also semi detached.
    And they do be noisy late at night, even on a school night the kids would be running around at midnight.
    It is what it is. I wouldn’t be one to complain , id be more along the lines of they won’t complain when it’s my turn.
    So when it’s my turn to bring kids to school, I wake everybody by sticking on some loud music which would shake windows at 7am for a while.

PC Warrior, might have a different opinion if you were dealing with this for the last year

Im honestly really surprised at these responses. My neighbour two doors down is in the middle of Ramadan and a few of us were over at his gaff the other night. We're decent friends and i'm really unsure why a suggestion to get to know and be friends with your neighbours who celebrate Ramadan has been taken so oddly?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Its Ramadan, it is what it is. Buy earplugs

Its Ireland, buy headphones, have a silent Ramadan

• Registered Users Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ramadan only lasts for a month each year!

Im honestly really surprised at these responses. My neighbour two doors down is in the middle of Ramadan and a few of us were over at his gaff the other night. We're decent friends and i'm really unsure why a suggestion to get to know and be friends with your neighbours who celebrate Ramadan has been taken so oddly?

Yeah OP should take days off work to sleep during the day so OP can spend his nights celebrating something he has no connection too.

Ramadan only lasts for a month each year!

So everyone has to suffer the consequences of no sleep for a month.

Also, as i stated this is an ongoing issue and its only been made worse with Ramadan

declan2693 wrote: »
    Yeah OP should take days off work to sleep during the day so OP can spend his nights celebrating something he has no connection too.

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Graces7 wrote: »
    Al of which is why I live in a remote house on a small island,, Really feel for OP and all who suffer neighbour noise.

PS ... once I sorted out the 24/7 crowbangers and barking dogs :rolleyes:;)

First thing I asked here was did they use crowbangers.... lol...they had never heard of them.

Because you can celebrate with disturbing people. I have to be up at 5am, now i dont expect silence from 9pm to get my 8 hours but i dont expect to be woken up at midnight and 1am with thuds from banging doors.

I am wrecked in work over this, so by your views i should join them and forget about work for a month.

This should never become the social norm.

• Advertisement

what?

its fairly obvious what he stated.

Maybe you dont work and can be celebrating into the night every night for a month, but me like most people work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

From what I can gather they are relatively quite for the rest of the year? Let them have their few hours Craic after Sun down for how ever long Ramadan lasts. 1am isn't outrageous, that's what you get when you are joined on to neighbours, sometimes their timetable doesn't sync with yours.

From what I can gather they are relatively quite for the rest of the year? Let them have their few hours Craic after Sun down for how ever long Ramadan lasts. 1am isn't outrageous, that's what you get when you are joined on to neighbours, sometimes their timetable doesn't sync with yours.

OP said up till 5am last night.....

Do you know OP working schudale that 1am is not late?

no its not confined to Ramadan. i have stated this has been an ongoing issue only made worse with Ramadan.

Yes 1am is outrageous when its every night

declan2693 wrote: »
    OP said up till 5am last night.....

Do you know OP working schudale that 1am is not late?

Hi Declan

I said i need to be up at 5am. Regardless of what the rest are saying no one should have to tolerate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

1am is pretty rude in my opinion, on a week night? I'd expect neighbours to have some consideration pretty much any time after 11, whether it's a big sesh or getting in touch with the big man in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

no its not confined to Ramadan. i have stated this has been an ongoing issue only made worse with Ramadan.

Yes 1am is outrageous when its every night

Approach and state your case if no joy after that start playing Ghost Town by The Specials loudly on a loop after 1am, then play the call to prayer at sunrise in case they sleep in. They might get the message then.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

I’m always amazed by people who have no consideration for their neighbours. Take my neighbour whose dog is in the garden barking every night. Even after explaining the dog is waking us up at all hours, it’s still happening and she doesn’t care.
    Ramadan or not Ramadan, it’s irrelevant! Everyone should have basic consideration for others.

Off topic, but yesterday I saw a guy parking in a disabled space and leave the hazards on, off he went to get a coffee. Things like this annoy the hell out of me!

OP my advice is if this family is renting, call the letting agency and ask them to have a word. Good luck, I feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Typical fawning over Islam.

• Advertisement

Approach and state your case if no joy after that start playing Ghost Town by The Specials loudly on a loop after 1am, then play the call to prayer at sunrise in case they sleep in. They might get the message then.

i have approached multiple times. This will be the 5th time.

The father cant speak english and tries to translate through his 9 year daughter which makes it even worse.

Half tempted to take a third party case to the RTB to force the landlord to install soft close on the front and back doors and do some slam proofing internally

Advertisement